Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Championship - 2019/2020

Wouldn't be surprised if Pearson is in the running for the Middlesbrough job. I don't think we'll be seeing Pulis in the PL anymore unless he gets promoted.

I'm interested to see how Barnsley do this season. Hopefully well. Wouldn't mind seeing Luton give it a good go too. 

Edited by Fox92

The Merc had this yesterday....

The former Leicester City boss is 14/1 with SkyBet to be the next Boro manager following the departure of Tony Pulis on Friday morning

Jonathan Woodgate is currently the favourite at 10/11, with former Boro and Nottingham Forest boss Aitor Karanka at 4/1.

Pearson has Danny Cowley, Ajax reserves manager Michael Reiziger (6/1) Chris Hughton (5/1) ahead of him in the betting.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/middlesbrough-next-manager-odds-former-2879024

2 hours ago, LinekersApples said:

Real Madrid's Jonathan Woodgate is taking over.

Woodgate's been on staff at Boro for years.

Pulis at Boro always seemed an odd one to me as it's well known he lives on the South Coast.

Obviously it's better guessing after the transfer window closes, but predict that Stoke, Sheffield Wednesday and Bristol City will do well and be up there; whilst Luton, Millwall and Wigan to go down imo.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

38 minutes ago, Langston said:

Not relevant to the news really but Woodgate could have been touching world class if he didn't have shreddies for knees.

Same with Ledley King.

29 England caps between them (21+8). Woodgate was more talented than King but sad that injuries killed his career. He was an amazing player. He could have gone on to have 80/90/100 international caps. But then again, he came through in the same era as Rio, Terry and Sol Campbell so it would have been a battle.

Edited by Koke

I monitor Forest forum every now and then, just for laughs.

There are many sensible posters but also a lot of wankers who says things like "Derby are in play-off final? I don't care, we won European cup!"

I know people here on FT mention our league win quite often and sometimes even in the same way - but it was 3 years ago, not 39, which was completely different era.

9 hours ago, Koke said:

29 England caps between them (21+8). Woodgate was more talented than King but sad that injuries killed his career. He was an amazing player. He could have gone on to have 80/90/100 international caps. But then again, he came through in the same era as Rio, Terry and Sol Campbell so it would have been a battle.

Yeah and it's sad the amount of folk that base their judgement on Ferdinand on his BT Sport natter alone rather than the fact he was world class. Absurdly talented.

53 minutes ago, Langston said:

Yeah and it's sad the amount of folk that base their judgement on Ferdinand on his BT Sport natter alone rather than the fact he was world class. Absurdly talented.

Cognitive dissonance - people struggle with it.

It is entirely possible to think Ferdinand an absolutely world-class center back and a massive, fame-hungry tosser. Some people struggle with it, big time. It's the same with Riyad. It's difficult for some to acknowledge being outstanding in one field whilst also being lacking in another. It's curious, man.

Guest seanfox778
On 18/05/2019 at 21:31, LinekersApples said:

I know. I recently heard him referred to as ex Real Madrid star Jonathan Woodgate. Made less than 10 appearances. 

What a cracking debut he had for them too. Didn't he score 2 own goals and get sent off? 

23 hours ago, TK95 said:

Interview with Nigel Pearson today on Sky Sports News saying he was dissapointed to miss out on the managerial role in the past and is interested again.

Could be good for both parties. Both need to get back on track and he is loved up there.

Pearson would be a good fit for Middlesbrough, ex player and a legend too many so he would get the full backing from the supporters. But as we know to get a team out of the championship Pearson needs time to build his squad and would Middlesbrough give him that time. I suppose they also may consider Hughton aswell, though I don't think the supporters having put up with the brand of football from Pulis they'd want another manager who plays defensive football.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Pearson would be a good fit for Middlesbrough, ex player and a legend too many so he would get the full backing from the supporters. But as we know to get a team out of the championship Pearson needs time to build his squad and would Middlesbrough give him that time. I suppose they also may consider Hughton aswell, though I don't think the supporters having put up with the brand of football from Pulis they'd want another manager who plays defensive football.

Totally agree. I think Hughton would be a better fit for West Brom personally but that's another manager merry-go-round. 

10 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Hughton is so nailed on for West Brom yet so nailed on for Middlesbrough too. They need to clone the bloke.

Would be a good appointment for both, think he'll go to West Brom though having worked in the area before.

19 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Do fans actually care about this? I remember Neil Lennon being linked with the job here a couple of times and people on here (quite rightly) didn't fancy it at all. I don't think being a club 'legend' particularly matters if the fans don't think you're the best man for the job.

Jokanovic seems likely for the Boro job now, would be a good appointment.

Swansea look to be recruiting from within with the son of John Toshack (who was also still managing up until recently in Iran it seems). May be a masterstroke, but seems like more cost-cutting on their behalf. 

20 hours ago, Goober said:

Do fans actually care about this? I remember Neil Lennon being linked with the job here a couple of times and people on here (quite rightly) didn't fancy it at all. I don't think being a club 'legend' particularly matters if the fans don't think you're the best man for the job.

I think they get more 'credit' so to speak, fans always appear more patient with ex players. 

• 4 weeks later...