Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Championship - 2019/2020

15 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Their owner, Peter Coates, doesn't communicate much at all with the players apparently.

The Bet365 Stadium must be one of the most bland/dull-est of areas a football stadium could be located in.

It's fairly easy to get to, but the traffic trying to get out of the area of the stadium can be beyond dreadful.

Yeah, it's called Stoke.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 25/06/2019 at 20:30, DerbyshireFox said:

Saw this earlier. Imagine in the space of two years going from signing the likes of Bojan, Shaqiri and Arnautovic to Nick Powell and Lee Gregory on free transfers!!

Yeah look where those sort of signings got them, in a right mess. Lee Gregory, Liam Lindsay in particular are really decent championship signings, I think Nathan Jones will do a good job there- seems to be switched on.

23 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Yeah look where those sort of signings got them, in a right mess. Lee Gregory, Liam Lindsay in particular are really decent championship signings, I think Nathan Jones will do a good job there- seems to be switched on.

Until some shocking managerial appointments several top flight mid table finishes, good FA Cup run :dunno:   Trying to change too much was Stoke’s downfall. I may be wrong, but looking at that squad and transfer business I wouldn’t be getting excited about the season ahead. That’s the beauty of it, none of us know!

1 hour ago, DerbyshireFox said:

Until some shocking managerial appointments several top flight mid table finishes, good FA Cup run :dunno:   Trying to change too much was Stoke’s downfall. I may be wrong, but looking at that squad and transfer business I wouldn’t be getting excited about the season ahead. That’s the beauty of it, none of us know!

That was all part of Pulis’ reign really, even if he wasn’t there it was still ‘his club’. It’s their recruitment of recent years that has led to their downfall. 

And yep true, I always think we’re a fantastic example of how effective or disastrous recruitment can be. Svens big names and large wages were fairly poor in the championship, whilst NP’s younger, driven squad proved to be absolutely quality.

• Like 1

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/31898-lampard-and-the-chelsea-job/page/381/#comments Derby fans changed their tune about wanting Lampard it seems. I understand that he's only been there for 5 minutes, but the man is a Chelsea legend and Chelsea are an infinantley better option both subjectively and objectively for him. Also the 'can't believe they're going to steal our bounce chant' amused me, haven't Sheffield Wednesday been doing that for years? And I imagine European clubs for longer. 

1 hour ago, David Guiza said:

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/31898-lampard-and-the-chelsea-job/page/381/#comments Derby fans changed their tune about wanting Lampard it seems. I understand that he's only been there for 5 minutes, but the man is a Chelsea legend and Chelsea are an infinantley better option both subjectively and objectively for him. Also the 'can't believe they're going to steal our bounce chant' amused me, haven't Sheffield Wednesday been doing that for years? And I imagine European clubs for longer. 

I imagine when you weigh up Lampard v Phillip Cocu (who John Percy has linked)  I know who I’d want in terms of managerial experience.

Also if Lampard wasn’t to leave this season, he could easily leave next season so this would minimise disruption from that perspective.

1 minute ago, Fox in the North said:

I imagine when you weigh up Lampard v Phillip Cocu (who John Percy has linked)  I know who I’d want in terms of managerial experience.

Also if Lampard wasn’t to leave this season, he could easily leave next season so this would minimise disruption from that perspective.

Definitely, just the fickle nature of football fans rearing it's head again. He was the messiah a few weeks ago and now they want him out the door for their new shiney new manager. Every club is the same but it's amusing when it's not us for a change :ph34r:

4 minutes ago, David Guiza said:

Definitely, just the fickle nature of football fans rearing it's head again. He was the messiah a few weeks ago and now they want him out the door for their new shiney new manager. Every club is the same but it's amusing when it's not us for a change :ph34r:

Yeah, football is always so short term. No one really takes a step back to look at the bigger picture these days. 

Exactly. As long it it is just the maguire transfer when we finally let him go to United for £200 million at the end of the transfer window :D

• Like 1

Cocu sounds a cracking appointment on the face of it but you just never know with Eredivisie imports, they're the definition of hit and miss. 

Edit: I see he was actually at Fenerbahce last season and was dog muck. Understand the whole clubs a mess there atm though so probably doesn't condemn him.

Edited by ealingfox
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, DerbyshireFox said:

Bold move from Brentford or his stock has fallen over the last 12-18 months, or a bit of both. Doesn’t seem to get talked about as highly as his first season 

Huge disagreement with Bielsa apparently. Told not to return to rejoin the squad for pre-season training. 

Probably stems from being left out of the playoff game with Derby. I do think he was over-rated by the Leeds support due to the fact that he played up to the fans. There are enough capable CB’s around to keep him from playing PL football imo.

edit - I think he was injured for the first leg so that could have been why he didn’t play the second leg. He also was the only player to try and stop the goal gifted to Villa under Bielsa’s orders in that farce of a game at the back end of the season.

Edited by Leeds Fox