Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Championship - 2019/2020

6 hours ago, ealingfox said:

Since when do Brentford have a pot to piss in?

They’ve been owned by a multi-millionaire for a good few years now, Matthew Bentham.  

Its quite an interesting set up they have. Bentham actually sells football stats data etc to betting companies 

Anyone seen this “the gay footballer” on twitter? What do we make of it? He’s claiming to be plying in the championship and under age 23 and soon will “reveal his identity”.

personally firstly I think it’s a lot of bollocks and a hoax.

secondly if there are (and in this day I’m sure there are) any gay footballers this is the wrong way to go about it imo. Just get it out there and say it. 

May be be a controversial post I’m unsure

30 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Anyone else surprised Leeds are only just celebrating their centinary this year? Would've thought the club was a lot older than that. 

There was a Leeds City prior to United being formed in 1904, and disbanded at WW1. I think United were formed to fill the gap.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

There was a Leeds City prior to United being formed in 1904, and disbanded at WW1. I think United were formed to fill the gap.

7 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

There was a older club called Leeds City which went under, United rose out of the ashes.

tenor-2.gif.f0732b9de24ce3c5f1700d277eeb5afe.gif

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Anyone else surprised Leeds are only just celebrating their centinary this year? Would've thought the club was a lot older than that. 

think i’m much more surprised that they’re clear favs to win the league. all the noises coming out of their camp this summer sounds like they’re falling apart, again. 

12 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

think i’m much more surprised that they’re clear favs to win the league. all the noises coming out of their camp this summer sounds like they’re falling apart, again. 

Rumours of Phillips and Clarke (I think) to be on their way out too. They’ll struggle next season. 

28 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

Rumours of Phillips and Clarke (I think) to be on their way out too. They’ll struggle next season. 

Clarke already gone to Spurs and loaned back for the season. They allegedly quoted Villa £30m for Phillips - ludicrously overpriced when we’ve signed Tielemans for £35-40m

5 minutes ago, DerbyshireFox said:

Clarke already gone to Spurs and loaned back for the season. They allegedly quoted Villa £30m for Phillips - ludicrously overpriced when we’ve signed Tielemans for £35-40m

Ah yeah that’s it. I’m sure there was another youngster on his way out. Might have got it wrong. 

8 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

heard they were happy to sell roofe for a pretty small offer if one came, as well. classic leeds. 

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, StanSP said:

Surprised more clubs weren't in for Pontus Jansson. Brentford seemed to have wrapped up that deal fairly quickly.

Reminds me of when we got Matt Mills, that went well.

Brentford are a team that are run very well but I do wonder at what point they need to hit the PL before it fizzles out and they invariably return to the lower leagues, they have an astute owner but I really hope they can get up to the PL for a few years and see what they can do. They really need to keep Maupay and Benrahma though. If they cashed in on Watkins and re-invest that to strengthen a few areas they could easily be the Norwich of last season.

Surely this is slightly concerning for the league? And fans of those clubs. Your ground is a huge asset, selling it off is surely playing with fire and could come back to hurt you in the future.

Just look at the events at Coventry, shouldn't that be a huge warning to other clubs 

NUGENT IN PRESTON TALKS

David Nugent is in discussions with Preston North End ahead of a proposed move to Deepdale, according to Sky sources.

The striker was recently released by Derby.

8 hours ago, rico said:

NUGENT IN PRESTON TALKS

David Nugent is in discussions with Preston North End ahead of a proposed move to Deepdale, according to Sky sources.

The striker was recently released by Derby.

Could be Gallagher and Nugent up front for Preston next season!