Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Championship - 2019/2020

On 11/07/2019 at 13:16, UniFox21 said:

Surely this is slightly concerning for the league? And fans of those clubs. Your ground is a huge asset, selling it off is surely playing with fire and could come back to hurt you in the future.

Just look at the events at Coventry, shouldn't that be a huge warning to other clubs 

Totally agree with where you’re coming from but from the point of view of Derby it is basically risk free. 

They have a chairman who loves the club and is a fan first and foremost. He’s said he would sell the club for £1 writing off all he’s put in if it was to the right people who could take them to the next level. 

Derby will get given then ground back for nothing or it’ll be included in the purchase when the day comes that Mel Morris sells. 

I don’t know if Sheff Weds have owners with the same credibility as Derby’s though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ginger_Filbert said:

Totally agree with where you’re coming from but from the point of view of Derby it is basically risk free. 

They have a chairman who loves the club and is a fan first and foremost. He’s said he would sell the club for £1 writing off all he’s put in if it was to the right people who could take them to the next level. 

Derby will get given then ground back for nothing or it’ll be included in the purchase when the day comes that Mel Morris sells. 

I don’t know if Sheff Weds have owners with the same credibility as Derby’s though. 

that maybe the case for Derby, but Wednesday have sold the ground to the owner, which is fine for now.  But if anything goes downhill and he wants out it could get rather messy

12 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

that maybe the case for Derby, but Wednesday have sold the ground to the owner, which is fine for now.  But if anything goes downhill and he wants out it could get rather messy

Yeah I guessed it wouldn’t have been so rosey for Sheff weds. I know nothing about them but at the same time know Football isn’t romantic enough to give them both the same bright prospects.  

1 hour ago, spacemunky said:

Where us this Derby/Bristol City match being played at? Kinda late if it's there for a football match.  

Derby County's pre-season friendly against Bristol City in Florida tonight was abandoned after 45 minutes due to the extreme weather conditions.

On 13/07/2019 at 12:07, UniFox21 said:

What fans have increasingly been doing is get their stadium listed as one of these 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asset_of_community_value

that makes gaining planning more difficult and therefore denies options for respective stadium owners 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, foxfanazer said:

Pearson to Wednesday? 

Doubt it. I think they'll go for Hughton. Shame because I rate Hughton so I think he'll do a decent job there.

23 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Stoke again this year giving free coach travel to all and every game.

WHY ARE LEICESTER CITY NOT GIVING US FREE COACH TRAVEL FOR AWAY GAMES???

INSTEAD THEY'RE CHARGING FANS AN EXTRA POUND HERE AND THERE!!!!

OUR OWNERS ARE A JOKE, WHAT HAVE THEY DONE FOR US, WHY CAN'T THEY BE LIKE STOKE OWNERS?!

YOURS SINCERELY, OUTRAGED OF LEICESTER 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

OUR OWNERS ARE A JOKE, WHAT HAVE THEY DONE FOR US, WHY CAN'T THEY BE LIKE STOKE OWNERS?!

Yeah, obviously no one is insinuating this.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Travel is pretty reasonable anyway, £18 there and back - especially for Newcastle and down to the south coast.

4 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Oh man.

It's literally a great thing that Stoke do. Nobody has brought up comparisons.

I have mentioned what they do in other threads when people seem to mention that no other owners give back to fans.

11 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Oh man.

It's literally a great thing that Stoke do. Nobody has brought up comparisons.

I have mentioned what they do in other threads when people seem to mention that no other owners give back to fans.

You clearly can't mention anything negative as it means you are against everything they do and want them to go asap.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Super_horns said:

Was this gay footballer account fake or has he just been advised to not come public ?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-49093329

Unless the account reopens, or someone comes forth, we will never know.

Unfortunately, if it was legitimate, I could totally understand why they came to a decision as to not coming out in public with this.

In my opinion, when you look at the abuse players of different ethnicities, religious beliefs etc receive.. what do we genuinely expect this player would get? I just don't think it would be pleasant for them.

Edited by Rusko187

On 24/07/2019 at 03:59, Super_horns said:

Was this gay footballer account fake or has he just been advised to not come public ?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-49093329

Fully believe the idea that coming out was too difficult. They probably realized that they’d created something they could not control - the account itself became a millstone.