Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Non League Football 2019-20

1 hour ago, Leicesterpool said:

Was going to watch Atherstone Town play Cossett in the Fa Vase quarter finals on saturday, for what would have been there biggest game in a long time. Never been Atherstone's ground dispite only being like 6 miles away. Sadly the game fell to weather which is a shame as they would have got an huge crowd if they played this on a saturday compared to a midweek game. Went to watch WBA v Wigan instead.

Atherstone have a larger than most idiot element. Not many clubs where the management staff resigned because of their own fans being racist 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Atherstone have a larger than most idiot element. Not many clubs where the management staff resigned because of their own fans being racist 

Yeah i know there's a bit of a rough element to Atherstone aswell. I remember about four or five years ago they managed to get far as the Fa Cup fourth qualifying round and managed get a big home tie to Barrow. Normally there league average would be around 150-200 maybe... there got 800 that day. Of course alot of trouble makers that day, first of all the atherstone fans pinched Barrow fans flag ran cross the pitch with it and then set fire to. During half time they then ran on the pitch to have a fight with the Barrow players. It's shame really cause they can't have a big game without trouble kicking off. It's awful for the real loyal supporters who go every week who get tarnished with this. 

Edited by Leicesterpool
  • Haha 1

Attempt #3 for Notts at Fylde tonight. They are offering free entry for Notts fans who made the trip up for the 2 previous attempts. 

Just want the win is all.

Disappointed we got Harrogate in the FA Trophy semi. The only team in our league and one of the better ones at that. Although we did beat them there 2-0, but that was very early in the season.

Would be nice to go to Wembley, for any reason at this point lol

COYP!

On 02/03/2020 at 17:56, Gary Eatfood said:

No Leicester game until Monday so if you're looking for a football fix this weekend, get yourselves down to Owen Street. Another important game in the quest for a play-off berth. (weather permitting).

Still some tickets left for this highly anticipated clash against Hitchin Town. The Coalville hotlines will be open from 9am tomorrow for those eager to purchase a ticket.

• Like 1

Excellent victory for Notts at the league leaders today, Barrow go to Harrogate in a few weeks which will be a massive game in the title race.

Chesterfield now out of the bottom 4, they've been in superb form since Pemberton took over just goes to show how low they had sunk that they are only 2 points above the bottom 4 even now.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Excellent victory for Notts at the league leaders today, Barrow go to Harrogate in a few weeks which will be a massive game in the title race.

Chesterfield now out of the bottom 4, they've been in superb form since Pemberton took over just goes to show how low they had sunk that they are only 2 points above the bottom 4 even now.

Of course we win at Barrow. They thumped us at home and are sitting on top of the league. As a Notts fan, this makes total sense!

Went to Coalville and I’ve seen them lose again.

They’ve not been that bad over recent years but the number of times I’ve rolled up and they’ve stunk the place out is getting ridiculous :unsure:

1 hour ago, Livid said:

Went to Coalville and I’ve seen them lose again.

They’ve not been that bad over recent years but the number of times I’ve rolled up and they’ve stunk the place out is getting ridiculous :unsure:

I went today, absolutely awful performance. Hitchin fully deserved the win. Coalville have been pretty poor at home all season to be fair.

• Like 1

Now I'm hearing there's been increased ticket sales for Notts match at home tomorrow against Eastleigh. So instead of 5K, might be 7 or 8K. All we needed was a virus for someone to notice us :ph34r:

Cant see any way this match will be played.

Loads of leagues, even down to the sixth/ seventh level have postponed matches for the next few weeks.

The National League divisions are still on but I wouldn't rule out those going soon too.

3 hours ago, spacemunky said:

Now I'm hearing there's been increased ticket sales for Notts match at home tomorrow against Eastleigh. So instead of 5K, might be 7 or 8K. All we needed was a virus for someone to notice us :ph34r:

That crossed my mind, teams like you guys, Darlington, York and Chester getting bigger gates.

4 hours ago, spacemunky said:

I'm thinking of attending tomorrow but uncertain if to risk purchasing a ticket now or wait till the day. Only needs one player to say there poorly and it'll be off. Was originally was attending Nuneaton Borough tomorrow for their game against Hednesford but there league as been postponed for two weeks, funny how the national league is willing to carry on who get much bigger gates while the southern league who teams average around 400 or less are off. 

Edited by Leicesterpool