Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UniFox21

England U21's

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

Not Rice as he played for the Irish u21s so would be ineligible I think 

Nope he could play for our u21’s. You can represent a certain amount of different nations at u21 level or below. Until you have a competitive men’s cap your technically not tied down to any country. 

Hence why the likes of wales called up Woodburn, Wilson etc early.

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

Exactly. Gives those making the jump the ability to get tournament experience. We couldve had such an incredible team.

The problem is the players are so pressured at club level about not getting burnt out they probably wouldn’t even push to be included.

3 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

This is why the likes of Spain produce better talent than we do in recent years they give them the experience of playing tournament football.

Although I’m inclined to agree with you, if the opposite had happened and we’d have taken a stacked squad and failed with players playing for u21 instead of in the Nations League then Southgate/Boothroyd would be getting lambasted for prioritising u21s football over senior internationals

5 minutes ago, RutlanderFox said:

Although I’m inclined to agree with you, if the opposite had happened and we’d have taken a stacked squad and failed with players playing for u21 instead of in the Nations League then Southgate/Boothroyd would be getting lambasted for prioritising u21s football over senior internationals

But come on now the nations league is a glorified friendly.

2 minutes ago, North Leeds Fox said:

The manager definitely needs replacing as these players go from great managers to boothroyd and everything looks very rigid in the way we play 

Couldn’t agree more. Give the job to a young championship manager who is struggling to get the opportunity in the premier league, someone like Gary Monk for example.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, RutlanderFox said:

But they could have played in both. So what's the issue there? For example, two German players played in the qualifiers for the Seniors and then joined the U21s after. And to be fair, more were eligible but hadn't really played U21s as they were already seniors.

I think if anyone played in the qualifiers for the U21s they should have played, if they wanted, at the final tournament.