Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UniFox21

England U21's

4 minutes ago, Harry96 said:

Very possible that they all will be starting too. Especially choudury being the only defensive midfielder in that squad really. 

Thought the same, midfield selection is very unbalanced.

3 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Thought the same, midfield selection is very unbalanced.

We do lack the classic 'enforcer' in our younger sides. Everyone is coaching the tactical and passing side of the game, that a lot of our younger players don't have that 'fire'. Hopefully his game time in the last few games has shown the staff what Hamza can do. Would be great to see us get 6 starters in the top 2 age rankings of the national team. 

23 hours ago, UniFox21 said:
We also have 4 in the squad, only beaten by the 5 of Chelsea.

Even more impressive when you consider that of our 4, 3 are first-XI players and Choudhury is making a strong case to be as well.

For Chelsea, all of their players have been on loan for the season, and in fact between them have only managed 2 substitute appearances for the first team, combined (one in the league cup, the other in the community shield)...

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Have I missed something? East mid news just said we have a trio in the England squad, Chilwell, Maguire and Maddison or have they got it completely wrong as usual 

Got it wrong mate. Maddison is in the under 21 s

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Really looking forward to this tournament, especially with our 4 lads in the mixer. All the 4, only Gray has really made a name for himself in the U21's so far. He has been around for 2-3 seasons now and been one of England's most reliable players. Maddison so far has yet to really shine, Barnes and Choudhury have only briefly made appearances and will be looking to solidify their places. I think Barnes will do very well this summer, got a feeling this time next year the whole country will be looking at him as one of England's best assets. A wild accusation, but goals and assists is the only thing lacking from his career so far at Leicester and yet they are the two areas he has found most natural at every level he has played as he's built up to this. They will come and he will be a monster.

He's going straight into my FPL team next year and I'll likely captain him.  To be fair, I don't have a great track record but I like to take a punt.  X

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Should be a cracking tournament this. Italy looked really good last night.

As usual we've gone against what every other nation does and not included our eligible players from senior squad in this tournament. 

On the one hand I guess it's good that it keeps the quali squad together, however the glory any tournament win brings is key to development, and having the likes of Sancho, Chilly, Alexander Arnold, Gomez, Rice and Rashford in this squad would help with winning... it would also give those players a taste of tournament football ahead of the euros next year. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Should be a cracking tournament this. Italy looked really good last night.

As usual we've gone against what every other nation does and not included our eligible players from senior squad in this tournament. 

On the one hand I guess it's good that it keeps the quali squad together, however the glory any tournament win brings is key to development, and having the likes of Sancho, Chilly, Alexander Arnold, Gomez, Rice and Rashford in this squad would help with winning... it would also give those players a taste of tournament football ahead of the euros next year. 

I can see the pro's and con's of this, the biggest con being had we picked all of those then some of them would have played a ridiculous amount of football this season as well as then keeping out players such as Barnes, Choudhury etc and them also missing out on the invaluable experience of competing in a tournament. It's a balancing act and I think we have probably done the right thing, the farcical team selection by Southgate in the Nations League Finals is the head scratcher.

Looking forward to this, we have a good chance with this squad but there a couple stronger due to what you've said above, if we get to the latter stages with this squad then it's a huge achievement very much like it was 2 years ago where we played some stunning football.

• Like 1