Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UniFox21

England U21's

7 hours ago, GingerrrFox said:

Shows the attitude of Demarai Gray when Pascanu comes out and tells the media that Romania were fired up by him saying England v Romania would be “light work”. Maybe if he wasn’t such a cocky **** he’d be further ahead in his career by now. 

Don’t know the context of that between club teammates; might have been throw about banter stuff rather than a boast 

Just to add I’m not convinced the Under 21s are a great squad. There’s only a few of them that are playing top flight football. Most of them did well at the second tier of English football. 

You could say well that level isn’t what the Romanians are at. But they have been exposed to play in big games of that country, incredible derbies and European games 

7 hours ago, GingerrrFox said:

Shows the attitude of Demarai Gray when Pascanu comes out and tells the media that Romania were fired up by him saying England v Romania would be “light work”. Maybe if he wasn’t such a cocky **** he’d be further ahead in his career by now. 

Or shit banter?

• Like 1

We did well in the u21s and lower levels last year. I think it's all about the mental side of the football for England. They believe the hype. World football is very even at all levels these days and the lesser prominent nations footballers go in to tournaments like these with a good attitude trying to prove themselves. Having said all that this year's u21s really have been overhyped. None of the attackers are any good and that includes Tammy Abrahams who some here seem to think is - none of them have done anything at the top level of English football. Gray was and is the best attacker but as we know he doesn't finish well  as he wants to hit everything so hard. The defence has also proven to be pretty weak which surprised me a little. The GK was decent apart from that howler and the midfield was okay but much better in the 45 minutes with Hamza playing compared to the other 135. Madderz disappointed a little though. 

We must also remember that most of the other teams are playing their best u21s whereas we have not - Chillers, Rashford, trent alexander, Gomez, Rice, Sancho and probably others haven't been selected.

On 19/06/2019 at 17:28, FIF said:

I don't think you can have watched the match at all. It isn't a potential career ender at all. He has a bruised leg and will be available to play in THIS tournament. Not quite sure what your problem is here and wouldn't be allowed to say what I think it is.

Excuse me?

It's a shame when you see people like Wilder and Dean Smith, real tactically talented managers who could have been brought into the England set up a few years ago when their stocks were lower but their talent was still clear.

Instead the age groups are littered with those that have failed at league management, Boothroyd at U21, Simpson at U20. At least in Keith Downing at U19 there's someone there who has been in the set up for a while and is doing well. The U17 manager has just taken the Swansea job so he's another who has been spotted for his talent... but one that the FA have now lost.

Dan Ashworth was lauded for what he did at St Georges and with the DNA in general... he strikes me as a very good PR person and not a lot else, we will see how his stint at Brighton goes I guess (i've praised him lots previously but looking at what he's left behind i'm starting to question things).

What I can see is a style of play that we should be playing at all age levels, being implemented by defensive minded old school coaches...... reminds me of a certain team we're all quite fond of ;) 

3 minutes ago, North Leeds Fox said:

Our 2 CBS still look hopeless 

They are, Clarke Salter only experience in England is at Bristol Rovers & Sunderland (he's somehow captain this tournament!) and Tomori has had a sketchy season at Derby! 

Ezri Konsa on the bench is a much better player.... problem is we only picked 3 CB's.... for a tournament :facepalm:

Edited by AjcW
  • Like 2

Just now, AjcW said:

They are, Clarke Salter only experience in England is at Bristol Rovers (he's somehow captain this tournament!) and Tomori has had a sketchy season at Derby! 

Ezri Konsa on the bench is a much better player.... problem is we only picked 3 CB's.... for a tournament :facepalm:

It's a ridiculous situation. Same with da Silva over Kelly. Kelly looks so much more assured already. 

Just now, North Leeds Fox said:

It's a ridiculous situation. Same with da Silva over Kelly. Kelly looks so much more assured already. 

To be fair Bristol City have played Kelly at CB all season with Da Silva at LB lol according to my BC supporting mate that was a stupid decision too.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Me too. But for some reason I just can’t see it happening. He has a swagger about him playing for the u21’s for us he just looks interested.

Yeah I get that feeling too but think it is worth giving him a season under Rodgers. The only plus point of him going is that any suitors will look at his performances and could be convinced to bid high. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Me too. But for some reason I just can’t see it happening. He has a swagger about him playing for the u21’s for us he just looks interested.

It'll be an interesting season for him. As I said from Jan onwards when his form dipped again, he (as with any footballer) is just like us and any other human, and was dealing with becoming a father at the time.... we've no idea how much that has affected him, but one thing it might well do next season is make him a much more mature, well rounded and humble person.

Edited by AjcW
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, AjcW said:

It'll be an interesting season for him. As I said from Jan onwards when his form dipped again, he (as with any footballer) is just like us and any other human, and was dealing with becoming a father at the time.... we've no idea how much that has affected him, but one thing it might well do next season is make him a much more mature, well rounded and humble person.

I really hope so. If he works hard & sets his mind to it he could become a seriously good player.