Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigMicky

Harvey Barnes

Just now, Ian S said:

I am saying it is not a true reflection of our fan base, the 100 like you probably never watch a full match and were the ones writing off Soyuncu before we kicked a ball this season, you go on about wanting top 4 so bin him, just admit that is a stupid statement, have you not looked at the League table.

Oh wow. so the admin and moderators of this forum don’t watch games? 

2 minutes ago, jaylcfc94 said:

9-0 is the biggest pl away win of all time so do you not agree it’s an outlier?

I agree the result was an absolute freak bit I don't think you can discredit Barnes' fantastic performance for that reason. If anything he contributed to such an incredible scoreline - you can't write off the ratings for that tie just because we won considerably, it's weird.

Just now, jaylcfc94 said:

Oh wow. so the admin and moderators of this forum don’t watch games? 

So how many games have you watched live this season and I don’t mean on TV.Football is about opinions and you just happen to have a rather outlandish one.I have read on the ratings thread for yesterday that some think Soyuncu was MOTM I thought he was distinctly average, someone has stated that Tielemans was MOTM which bewildered me so no I don’t take too much notice of peoples ratings.I watch the games and make my mind up, TV is not always a true reflection.

I think maybe we should revisit this thread at the end of the season.

Just now, Langston said:

I agree the result was an absolute freak bit I don't think you can discredit Barnes' fantastic performance for that reason. If anything he contributed to such an incredible scoreline - you can't write off the ratings for that tie just because we won considerably, it's weird.

Okay then he has one good performance  this season - funnily enough when the rest of the team were good too.

Just now, Ian S said:

So how many games have you watched live this season and I don’t mean on TV.Football is about opinions and you just happen to have a rather outlandish one.I have read on the ratings thread for yesterday that some think Soyuncu was MOTM I thought he was distinctly average, someone has stated that Tielemans was MOTM which bewildered me so no I don’t take too much notice of peoples ratings.I watch the games and make my mind up, TV is not always a true reflection.

I think maybe we should revisit this thread at the end of the season.

All of them 

2 minutes ago, jaylcfc94 said:

Okay then he has one good performance  this season - funnily enough when the rest of the team were good too.

"One good performance" is patently untrue but I feel we're just going to bore everyone else here and will have to agree to disagree.

Just now, Langston said:

"One good performance" is patently untrue but I feel we're just going to bore everyone else here and will have to agree to disagree.

It’s not. 

He’s consistently rated a 6 or lower which given how we have been doing is very low ...4.3 yesterday

1 minute ago, jaylcfc94 said:

It’s not. 

He’s consistently rated a 6 or lower which given how we have been doing is very low ...4.3 yesterday

literally just one under-6 performance in addition to yesterday using your fan-rating logic lol.

Well done on playing yourself and proving yourself wrong. 

• Like 1

Young players need time. He's not gonna be the complete package. He did well at WBA, Championship, and has been in our side for less than a year. If we actually had quality out wide then perhaps we could loan him out to another PL side. Give young players time instead of slating them constantly.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jaylcfc94 said:

lol. because it is an outlier. every player got rated high. 

so is he not allowed any credit for also getting a high rating?

If he didn't play well in that game as well, you'd be on his back as well. The lad can't win.

1 minute ago, adam95581 said:

This thread is why I hate some of our fanbase.

At the start of the season everyone wanted to give Barnes a chance and now, after a couple of sub-par performances, people want him binned off. He’s in the top 5 for assists in the league and has the most for us. Yes, he’s not been taking his own chances, but on the whole he offers more threat than Pérez, Gray and Kevin.

We need to be patient and back him for a bit longer. 

He’s not he’s 8th joint with 7 other players 

14 minutes ago, jaylcfc94 said:

lol. because it is an outlier. every player got rated high. 

And is perhaps the reason that we won 9 - 0 to do with the fact that everyone played well...?

Or does a positive score only count if the rest of your team play badly?

Edited by Charl91