Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigMicky

Harvey Barnes

1 minute ago, Sampson said:

If you thought he was average, you must have watched a different game.

Great position just outside the 6 box to cut it back - shoots straight at a defender 1 yard in front of him

2 lame shots outside the area

3 on 2 in a great counter-attack position with Gray and Vardy - massively over hits the pass to Gray, so Gray could barely keep it in

Another great counter-attack position and he misplaced a simple pass to Tielemans.

That's just off the top my head. Gray was poor too, but Barnes was way worse and most wasteful. Regardless of other performances, you can't defend his performance today as "average", he had an absolute stinker.

He didn't have a worse game than anyone else is what I meant by average. Literally every player was wasteful on the ball today, you could take each of those points and replace them with similarly bad plays from Maddison, Tielemans, and Gray for example.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Nicolo Barella said:

He didn't have a worse game than anyone else is what I meant by average. Literally every player was wasteful on the ball today, you could take each of those points and replace them with similarly bad plays from Maddison, Tielemans, and Gray for example.

Seriously - he was awful mate ...... more awful than the rest who were also awful !

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Absolutely not 

Maddison, Gray and Tielemans had poor games, but they were not wasting promising chance after promising chance like Barnes was.

Mate, whether you like him or not in general. You're defending the indefensible with his performance today.

Edited by Sampson

Just now, martyn said:

First time ive thought he looked bereft of confidence. 

Yes he has lacked end product before, but he was looking to impact games and get into positions. 

Today he just looked like a player who didnt want to take responsibility. 

I kind of agree with this.

But otherwise he's been good this season. Sure the numbers could be higher but he's been effecting games. Today, nothing came off for him.

Still, typically pathetic overreactions in this thread. Some of you guys really so hate the idea of academy prospects being any good.

He's had good games recently but today wasn't one. He wasn't alone though. 

Dropping him to bench for last couple of games has knocked his confidence further. 

Its almost like fans need at least one player to get on at and Barnes is easy choice at the minute. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

He's had good games recently but today wasn't one. He wasn't alone though. 

Dropping him to bench for last couple of games has knocked his confidence further. 

Its almost like fans need at least one player to get on at and Barnes is easy choice at the minute. 

I feel like Harvey has been given more latitude from fans because he's an academy graduate?

Anyway, I still think he's a good player but it's VERY concerning he is shirking from shots. He had a couple of nice runs down the sides but that's about it. The confidence needs addressing ASAP because all the anxiety in his head is holding him back (I want to give him a cuddle, a cup of tea and a biscuit but he'd probably take out a restraining order on me tbf)

He is not being a scapegoat. He was garbage today, there's no two ways about it. He shirked responsibility too many times and made wrong decision after wrong decision for the whole 45 minutes he was on the pitch. Even when he went to shoot towards the end of the match he miss kicked it completely, which summed up his performance.

He's not got any confidence and at the end he didn't make any angles or create any space when Chilwell or Soyuncu were looking for a release ball. 

He's got potential but his confidence is shot and he is offering nothing either going forward or defensively. 

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Barnes' end product us nowhere near good enough for the level we are at now. We desperately need a winger in Jan and maybe loan him out again. Other than the Southampton game, hes not been great really  

Said this in the Summer, I didn’t think our wide players Were good enough to even finish top 6, which they’re not. Been carried by fantastic players in other positions to where we are now. 

at no point this season have We been carried by our wingers in a game, not once. 

We MUST go for a winger as our next marquee acquisition. Whether that be in January or summer, who knows. 

Edited by L3n9a