Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigMicky

Harvey Barnes

14 hours ago, Sammy said:

The negativity towards Barnes is so so so bizarre, back him like we have with Soyuncu. Barnes will tear you apart again

Its not bizarre, the team "always" comes ahead of any player.

Also I have not seen anyone here been particularly negative, most are supportive of him, and those like myself have only said it was good he wasnt brought on until we were already comfortably leading, and I think i also suggested he should pass more to players with better shooting boots, if the option is there.

Rodgers wants the goals spread throughout the team which is why he has been told to score more, but I fear Barnes may have misinterpreted that to shoot whenever he is in range disregarding those around him.

I don't mind him been selfish when we have a 3 goal cushion, but the Everton and Brighton games were concerning.

• Like 1

His link up play is fantastic and the way he carries the ball is brilliant. His finishing though, Christ almighty! I'm backing him 100% and I believe he will get better but 1 PL goal this season in a team that creates shed load of chances is very poor.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

Its not bizarre, the team "always" comes ahead of any player.

Also I have not seen anyone here been particularly negative, most are supportive of him, and those like myself have only said it was good he wasnt brought on until we were already comfortably leading, and I think i also suggested he should pass more to players with better shooting boots, if the option is there.

Rodgers wants the goals spread throughout the team which is why he has been told to score more, but I fear Barnes may have misinterpreted that to shoot whenever he is in range disregarding those around him.

I don't mind him been selfish when we have a 3 goal cushion, but the Everton and Brighton games were concerning.

Don't disagree with anything you've said, and this thread may on the whole be more supportive but I've seen comments on twitter/match threads wanting him shipped out on loan and just generally moaning. I find that weird.

Obviously no player is beyond criticism but for a player with 4 assists and a consistent starter in 8 pl wins in a row I feel it should be easy to back him rather than get frustrated

OK so he has missed/wasted a few chances but we are hardly struggling for goals at the minute. there seems to be some fixation with our wingers scoring goals. Their main role is to take on defenders, get crosses in and set up opportunities for the main strikers/oncoming midfielders. In this respect I think he is doing more than OK with his four assists to date. Scoring goals is not everything.  as long as he is contributing in a positive way to the overall shape and attacking thrust of the team then he is doing what is asked of him. Not adverse to shaking things up occasionally, as we did at Villa, and nobody's starting place is a given but for me he is doing well and integral part of the squad. judge him on his overall play (as with Perez) not simply on the number of goals.

• Like 4

roof gonna be blown off when barnes scores at home, love him as a player

get sense whole crowd is willing him to score almost as much as he wants to score, will be electric

we know he can finish, we've seen it in the championship. once it comes the gates will open

36 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Tentative question....

Is Barnes’ best position a left sided attacking forward / winger?

I'd like to see him play off the right, but at West Brom he had similar success either centrally or out on the left.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

Tentative question....

Is Barnes’ best position a left sided attacking forward / winger?

I would say left-sided winger with the ability to cut inside and shoot if the opportunity arises.

He excelled centrally at West Brom but it appears to be he's what Rodgers wanted when he said he needed an inside-left forward to fit in with the formation. More to the point it stopped Maddison being played out wide!

He was utterly dreadful today again. Constantly broke up and squandered promising counter-attack after counter-attack with his dreadful passing and finishing.

Don't doubt the kid has potential to be a good player in 2 years time, but he's simply not good enough to be in our side on current ability.

• Like 1

Just now, Sampson said:

He was utterly dreadful today again. Constantly broke up and squandered promising counter-attack after counter-attack with his dreadful passing and finishing.

Don't doubt the kid has potential to be a good player in 2 years time, but he's simply not good enough to be in our side on current ability.

How else do you expect young players to develop? 

Not great today, but was anyone?

Lads Gita huge future ahead of him, just needs a bit of confidence and more games.

2 minutes ago, Sampson said:

What a ridiculous overreaction! Is it Harvey’s turn to be scapegoat now Nacho, Demarai, Chilwell etc have had their turn...

He’s a young lad with bags and bags of potential and has played a massive part in a team that has won 8 and drew 1 in the last 9 games. 

Get behind the players rather than slagging them off. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Sampson said:

??? Are you sure you're not talking about Gray? Barnes was average, linked up fine with Chilwell at least.

I am ten years older than Barnes but I feel so protective and maternal about him. He has the sweetest face and tries so hard but he's shirking shots now. Someone needs to have a heart to heart with him because he can't be pulling out of shots if he wants to be a PL player.

• Thanks 1