Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Outfox the Fox

'Celticgate' - list of players LC was talking about

Below is the full list of names Congerton was supposedly talking about in the leaked notes on the Celtic Recruitment meeting.  Check out those we've been linked to - or might be in future:-

James Justin ! (Luton) - LC recommended that he should be Celtic's first target (now it looks like he could be ours !)

Rekeem Harper ! (WBA)

Reece James ! (Chelsea)

Neil Maupay (Brentford)

Tommy Smith (Huddersfield)

Toljan

Lustig

Gamboa

Ralston

Tomoroi

Kouassi

McTominay (Man U)

Perraud (Paris SC)

Arribo (Charlton)

Weah (PSG)

Mousset (Bournemouth)

Burke (WBA)

Shved (Karpaty)

Sinclair

Griffiths

Edouard

Barker

Bitton

Izaguirre

Tierney

Ntcham

Arzani

Edited by Outfox the Fox

4 minutes ago, Outfox the Fox said:

Below is the full list of names Congerton was supposedly talking about in the leaked notes on the Celtic Recruitment meeting.  Check out those we've been linked to - or might be in future:-

James Justin (Luton !)

Rekeem Harper (WBA !)

Reece James (Chelsea !)

Neil Maupay (Brentford !)

Toljan

Lustig

Gamboa

Ralston

McTominay

Zanka

Tomoroi

Kouassi

Perraud

Arribo

Weah

Mousset (Bournemouth)

Burke (WBA)

Sinclair

Griffiths

Edouard

Barker

Bitton

Izaguirre

Tierney

Ntcham

Arzani

Shved

You'd hope it's a horses for courses situation and we'd laugh it off if he brought that list into our recruitment meeting.

Shows the SPL up for what it is, it looks like a list drawn up by a team aiming for Championship consolidation. 

1 hour ago, wardyfox86 said:

You'd hope it's a horses for courses situation and we'd laugh it off if he brought that list into our recruitment meeting.

Shows the SPL up for what it is, it looks like a list drawn up by a team aiming for Championship consolidation. 

1 hour ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

It all seems a bit uninspiring so far...

Generally, I'd agree - but James Justin, Reece James and Rekeem Harper are real prospects.  And if someone could persuade McTominay, Burke, Weah and Maupay to sign, they'd be setting themselves up nicely for years to come. 

Edited by bald reynard

I mean, we've been after JJ for ages, so the fact that el Congo wanted him at Celtic too either means our scouts are as shit as he is, or he has the potential to find non-shit players.

The rest of the targets I wouldn't worry about. We're hardly going to sign Tommy Smith from Huddersfield, are we?

• Like 1

Some of the younger players at the top of the list are pretty reasonable prospects and would fit into what we are trying to do here. None of them would be first choices but replacing some departing players with younger and more promising positions makes sense. 

Of course from a fans perspective we are more interested in the marquee signings we will make which could be the difference between 10th and 6th position depending on who we get / how they perform. 

3 hours ago, bald reynard said:

Generally, I'd agree - but James Justin, Reece James and Rekeem Harper are real prospects.  And if someone could persuade McTominay, Burke, Weah and Maupay to sign, they'd be setting themselves up nicely for years to come. 

Bit bored of all the prospects though, we've got a few already, could do with actually buying some real quality this summer. 

31 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Bit bored of all the prospects though, we've got a few already, could do with actually buying some real quality this summer. 

I agree with this. Do be honest a quality winger and a quality central midfielder supplemented by prospects in the other areas I would be more than happy with. I just don’t think signing all young lads who aren’t quite there is the right idea.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Outfox the Fox said:

James Justin ! (Luton) - LC recommended that he should be Celtic's first target (now it looks like he could be ours !)

Rekeem Harper ! (WBA)

Reece James ! (Chelsea)

Neil Maupay (Brentford)

Toljan

Lustig

Gamboa

Ralston

Tomoroi

Kouassi

McTominay (Man U)

Perraud (Paris SC)

Arribo (Charlton)

Weah (PSG)

Mousset (Bournemouth)

Burke (WBA)

Shved (Karpaty)

Sinclair

Griffiths

Edouard

Barker

Bitton

Izaguirre

Tierney

Ntcham

Arzani

I would take either right back, Maupay & tomori If Big H leaves.

• 2 weeks later...