Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CollinsLCFC

Greatest movie of all time.

On 22/06/2019 at 03:19, Carl the Llama said:

I have another candidate and honestly I'm surprised none of us have mentioned it already.  I guess one reason is because it may not necessarily be the most enjoyable watch, not just on account of being a grim, sci-fi depiction of a dystopian future but also because watching it now you can't help but realise how many of those dystopian elements have already become reality... but I think that's what makes it such a great film.  The level of existential dread it forces you to confront is something special, I'd even argue that it's up there with the best pieces of art full stop, let alone films.  So yeah, if you haven't seen it already I think you all owe it to yourselves to watch Idiocracy.

Quite simply the best movie made that was hidden or kept secret. 

So many quotable and prescient parts..

literally quoted three things from it yesterday...

re the state of TV currently - "Ow my balls"

Re the obsession with Starbucks - "Butt Fvckers"

Always  when seeing drinks - "It's got electrolytes"

https://www.ifc.com/2016/03/idiocracy-quotes

Edited by ozleicester
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, ozleicester said:

Quite simply the best movie made that was hidden or kept secret. 

So many quotable and prescient parts..

literally quoted three things from it yesterday...

re the state of TV currently - "Ow my balls"

Re the obsession with Starbucks - "Butt Fvckers"

Always  when seeing drinks - "It's got electrolytes"

https://www.ifc.com/2016/03/idiocracy-quotes

Welcome to Costco. I love you. :D

• Haha 1

Watched rise of the footsoldier part 3 the other day. It was set in the late 80's.

Couple of things I noticed which didn't seem right for time the film was set.

1. Brazilian knickers...surely these were not around back then

2. Diesel Jeans that pat was wearing at the start. Had the logo stripe in the front pocket. These have only been out recently right?

Enjoyed the film though!

1 hour ago, Stadt said:

Realised I’ve never watched a Hitchcock film. What would everybody recommend, Vertigo and Rear Window?

Rear Window, but obviously the actual Hitchcock version and none of the crappy remakes. North by Northwest, Notorious, Suspicion, and Rebecca along with Vertigo are all great films. 

Never seen the fuss about Psycho and The Birds.

• Like 2

Starship Troopers, Raiders of the lost Ark, Bad Boys 1&2, 28 days Later, Dawn of the Dead ( both original and remake), Trainspotting, anything Star Warsy, The Fugitive, American Pie, Captain America Winter Soldier, Monsters Inc, Lethal Weapon, Serenity, just so many off the top of my head. 

The missus is a big fan of horror film's and she'll watch anything in the genre. I'm a bit meh but do like the classics. The Evil Dead and A Nightmare on Elm Street are both legendry imo. The Exorcist is without doubt the scariest thing I've ever seen and literally freaks me out. 

4 hours ago, Soup said:

The missus is a big fan of horror film's and she'll watch anything in the genre. I'm a bit meh but do like the classics. The Evil Dead and A Nightmare on Elm Street are both legendry imo. The Exorcist is without doubt the scariest thing I've ever seen and literally freaks me out. 

It's all about The Thing. John Carpenter is a genius... I love all of his films (apart from maybe Ghosts Of Mars.)

• Like 1