Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CollinsLCFC

Greatest movie of all time.

12 hours ago, oakman said:

Don't know if these are considered the 'best' but they're certainly some of my favourites:

Predator

The Empire Strikes Back

Return Of The Jedi

Ghostbusters

Lost in Translation

Pan's Labyrinth

High Plains Drifter

Aliens

Airplane!

Young Frankenstein

High Plains Drifter and Predator are definitely two of the most underrated films of all time.

• Like 1

I have another candidate and honestly I'm surprised none of us have mentioned it already.  I guess one reason is because it may not necessarily be the most enjoyable watch, not just on account of being a grim, sci-fi depiction of a dystopian future but also because watching it now you can't help but realise how many of those dystopian elements have already become reality... but I think that's what makes it such a great film.  The level of existential dread it forces you to confront is something special, I'd even argue that it's up there with the best pieces of art full stop, let alone films.  So yeah, if you haven't seen it already I think you all owe it to yourselves to watch Idiocracy.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

I have another candidate and honestly I'm surprised none of us have mentioned it already.  I guess one reason is because it may not necessarily be the most enjoyable watch, not just on account of being a grim, sci-fi depiction of a dystopian future but also because watching it now you can't help but realise how many of those dystopian elements have already become reality... but I think that's what makes it such a great film.  The level of existential dread it forces you to confront is something special, I'd even argue that it's up there with the best pieces of art full stop, let alone films.  So yeah, if you haven't seen it already I think you all owe it to yourselves to watch Idiocracy.

Was expecting you to say Wall-E 

On 20/06/2019 at 18:17, ithuriel said:

Yeah, I've loved watching the stuff ever since the late 80s early 90s when CH4 used to be a great channel and would show anime late at night, uncut, that just grabbed my attention.

I kind of dropped out of it during the late 90s but got drawn back in and have seen and collected a fair few movies and series

My bad for the late reply.

I grew-up watching Anime. From Dai no dai-bōken (Dragon quest: adventures of Dai), Thunder jet,S lam dunk Captain tsubasa, The masked tiger, and of course, Dragon ball. And many more. I didn't know what was anime at the time so it was all Cartoons to me lol

And as I grew, Naruto, One piece and Bleach were the shows I watched the most But I managed to watch some great, underrated shows like Samurai champloo and Gintama. And obviously some classics like Cowboy bebop, Steins;gate and Trigun (sadly, I'm yet to finish them but Cowboy bebop's English dub is fantastic). a Show like Full metal alchemist is also great but I'm yet to watch a shonen Anime as good as Hunter x Hunter (maybe it's my bias for the 1999 version). Also watched death note, Attack on Titan,Tokyo ghoul, One punch man, inuyasha, Hellsing ultimate and many others.

Its been a while since I watched anime. atm, I find Manga more to my liking, less time consuming and tbh, some of those Mangas are just amazingly drawn. (Had to finish the Slam dunk Manga because the anime didn't finish the story.

Edit: your profile pic is from Darker than black if I'm not mistaken?

Edited by the fox

7 minutes ago, the fox said:

I grew-up watching Anime. From Dai no dai-bōken (Dragon quest: adventures of Dai), Thunder jet,S lam dunk Captain tsubasa, The masked tiger, and of course, Dragon ball. And many more. I didn't know what was anime at the time so it was all Cartoons to me lol

And as I grew, Naruto, One piece and Bleach were the shows I watched the most But I managed to watch some great, underrated shows like Samurai champloo and Gintama. And obviously some classics like Cowboy bebop, Steins;gate and Trigun (sadly, I'm yet to finish them but Cowboy bebop's English dub is fantastic). a Show like Full metal alchemist is also great but I'm yet to watch a shonen Anime as good as Hunter x Hunter (maybe it's my bias for the 1999 version). Also watched death note, Attack on Titan,Tokyo ghoul, One punch man, inuyasha, Hellsing ultimate and many others.

Its been a while since I watched anime. atm, I find Manga more to my liking, less time consuming and tbh, some of those Mangas are just amazingly drawn. (Had to finish the Slam dunk Manga because the anime didn't finish the story.

Yeah, its the main character from DTB, Hei, shame it ended on two seasons because it could easily have had a third, though the OVAs in between the seasons were fine.

3 minutes ago, ithuriel said:

Yeah, its the main character from DTB, Hei, shame it ended on two seasons because it could easily have had a third, though the OVAs in between the seasons were fine.

The show seems nice. Won't mind giving it a try. There are some good reviews out there and It seems to have a Manga so I'm not too concerned about the lack of a third season

1 minute ago, the fox said:

The show seems nice. Won't mind giving it a try. There are some good reviews out there and It seems to have a Manga so I'm not too concerned about the lack of a third season

Well, the first has an ending and the second is quite different with an open ending, though you need to watch the OVAs before S2.

Think James Bond crossed with Xmen and the Matrix

• Thanks 1

On ‎22‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 20:28, the fox said:

Just wondering, where you are at with AoT, me, I'm watching the third season.

Major spoilers by the way if you are not up to date :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ithuriel said:

Just wondering, where you are at with AoT, me, I'm watching the third season.

Major spoilers by the way if you are not up to date :)

Can't get spoiled by the anime because I'm way past that part in the manga.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTJf5BvISrNLSZp4E1Wntb

BTW, are you up to date with the Manga?

After my last post here, I wanted to get back to watching Anime but I want the current season to end before I watch it (I only watched the first season).

I have two shows on my list atm. one of them is your darker than black recommendation, And the other is 

Gankutsuou: the count of monte cristo. I watched a bit of it long ago but I seem to forget most of it. I wasn't sure which one to start with but this 14 second video just pushed me over the fence and I had to watch it first.

I've only watched 6 episodes so far but I think it's safe to say the show is amazing. Just the way the count's plans slowly unfold and how he is going by taking his revenge is my cup of tea lol

Edited by the fox

18 hours ago, the fox said:

Can't get spoiled by the anime because I'm way past that part in the manga.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTJf5BvISrNLSZp4E1Wntb

BTW, are you up to date with the Manga?

After my last post here, I wanted to get back to watching Anime but I want the current season to end before I watch it (I only watched the first season).

I have two shows on my list atm. one of them is your darker than black recommendation, And the other is 

Gankutsuou: the count of monte cristo. I watched a bit of it long ago but I seem to forget most of it. I wasn't sure which one to start with but this 14 second video just pushed me over the fence and I had to watch it first.

I've only watched 6 episodes so far but I think it's safe to say the show is amazing. Just the way the count's plans slowly unfold and how he is going by taking his revenge is my cup of tea lol

Nah, only got as far as they were in S2 Manga wise, as for the Count, seen it on some best anime to see vids but not got round to it yet.

On 21/06/2019 at 21:08, Paninistickers said:

Not necessarily the best, but I lol properly every single time I watch

Crocodile Dundee

Along Came Polly

Something About Mary

Sideways is a masterpiece for men of a certain age. 

Bourne films - all of them - hands down the best for a thriller.

Something about Mary is so funny, plus Cameron Diaz is just stunning in that movie!

On 21/06/2019 at 21:08, Paninistickers said:

Not necessarily the best, but I lol properly every single time I watch

Crocodile Dundee

Along Came Polly

Something About Mary

Sideways is a masterpiece for men of a certain age. 

Bourne films - all of them - hands down the best for a thriller.

Loved this film, really need to see it again soon. 

• Like 1

On 21/06/2019 at 01:21, Unabomber said:

The big short 

The prestige 

Words cannot describe the way I feel when Tesla/Bowie enters the room. Thanks for reminding me how great this movie is.

Guest seanfox778
2 hours ago, Izzy said:

Good thread, good lists, good suggestions.

And it’s still Top Gun 

Until...

Screenshot_20190701-231827_IMDb.thumb.jpg.25d40a76fdb24bea76c2a5c07a11f419.jpg