Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dahnsouff

Other teams completed transfer - Summer 19

On 28/06/2019 at 09:23, Aus Fox said:

Not a single player signed there I wish we had gone for

From the original list Kion is a good player who we briefly looked at. One of the best of his age in local area and will be a successful pro in time.  Not convinced spurs was the right move, but hard to turn down. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, David Guiza said:

Think they've got some issues behind the scenes. Wilder has signed a new deal now so that may be starting to ease. 

Yeah read a bit about that where basically two different people/consortiums are laying claim to owning the club lol!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

I know this is intended for EPL transfers, but thats a weird one.

image.png.5caa0986766063269402291e52e7afa1.png

Agreed, given they already have two decent right backs in Vrsaljko and Arias, unless they are planning to play Vrsaljko at LB to cover for selling Hernandez, think he can play both full back positions.

Just now, pmcla26 said:

I wonder if Simeone doesn’t rate Vrsaljko, to be fair he did spend last season at Inter so wouldn’t surprise me if he departed permanently now Trippier is incoming, don’t think Inter want him back tho.

Great shout, never realised he was at Inter last season.

1 hour ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

To be fair it seems Villa are showing ambition and signing some good players be interesting to see how they do. 

Yeah can go both ways that though, think they've spent close to £100m on ten players, sometimes that approach is a big gamble, look at Fulham last season.

Maybe 3-4 in the £20-25m would have made more of a tangible difference.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

Yeah can go both ways that though, think they've spent close to £100m on ten players, sometimes that approach is a big gamble, look at Fulham last season.

Agree. if you turf out all the players that got you to the prem in favour of many new names, then you risk destabilisation amongst the playing staff. Rarely ends well. As you stated, Fulham is a prime example.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

They needed that many new players though, quite a lot of loan players went back as well as some released on frees who aren't good enough. This is the problem with loans in the lower leagues, the squad rotation every season can be huge.

• Like 1

As Ric said Villa needed the signings to flesh out their squad. 

I understand the Fulham comparison but it's far too simplistic. Villa might not have the managerial upheaval Fulham did, and the new players may all/mostly adapt really quickly. 

2 minutes ago, martyn said:

As Ric said Villa needed the signings to flesh out their squad. 

I understand the Fulham comparison but it's far too simplistic. Villa might not have the managerial upheaval Fulham did, and the new players may all/mostly adapt really quickly. 

I see the argument, there are plenty of home grown incomings, but its also about more than just that (Not that I am saying that this was the point you were making)

image.png.b09c2a3663de475b8480dca02860cec4.png

But Wesley, Engels and Trezeguet may take some time, and then whole squad needs to blend. Will be interesting to see how they get on.

37 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Agree. if you turf out all the players that got you to the prem in favour of many new names, then you risk destabilisation amongst the playing staff. Rarely ends well. As you stated, Fulham is a prime example.

Worked out well for Watford though. Although it seems they’ve calmed down a bit now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, henrik_62 said:

Every signing is a gamble especially from abroad, BUT the likes of Wesley, Trezeguet, Engels etc look decent international players, Mings was immense for them last season, on the face of it they should do OK, but like you say its always hard to tell. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

Every signing is a gamble especially from abroad, BUT the likes of Wesley, Trezeguet, Engels etc look decent international players, Mings was immense for them last season, on the face of it they should do OK, but like you say its always hard to tell. 

I thought at the time that the majority of Fulham's signings were good. Seri, Schurrle, Bryan and Mitrovic. It's very precarious business that first season back in the PL, we know that kore than anyone.

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I thought at the time that the majority of Fulham's signings were good. Seri, Schurrle, Bryan and Mitrovic. It's very precarious business that first season back in the PL, we know that kore than anyone.

Absolutely mate and i totally agree 1st season when you see close up the quality and unforgiving nature of the prem, it's totally different from the championship and you can get yourself in a big hole with losses piling up very quickly. Chemistry might be an issue to start with but their core of James Chester, Mings, McGinn, Grealish is decent, Targett is a good player, it all depends if Wesley and enough others can score the goals for them like Abraham did. 

• Like 1