Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dahnsouff

Other teams completed transfer - Summer 19

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

It does seem surprising we haven't publicly been in for him after being heavily linked early last season. I can only assume we have another target as I don't see us only having two strikers on the books. We seemingly opted or missed out on a number of wingers last summer that had been strongly linked and ended up with Ghezzal, so it might not necessarily mean they are of higher calibre.

TBH he's probably seen what has happened to Kramaric, Iheanacho, Slimani and Musa. 

All their careers stalled because none of them were good enough to rotate from Vardy.

Che Adams is probably thinking he'll get more have time at Southampton, probably first choice there. 

Which striker in their right mind would come to Leicester who wants to improve and play football?

12 hours ago, murphy said:

There is a knock on effect throughout the squad when you start paying ordinary players world class wages.  Everyone will be knocking on Ole's door.  

Why would they need to replace him anyway?  Is Rashford saying he will leave unless they pay him £300k?  If so, I would call his bluff or just let him go if someone is fool enough to offer him that.  He should be on half that absolute max.  United are on their way to becoming a basket case club.

If he ran down his contract and someone signed him as a free agent, he may well have got that money from someone. 

10 hours ago, AjcW said:

We do this every season, always one or two “why didn’t we sign them oh my god” last year Eleyanousi (Southampton) and Schurle (Fulham) we’re the main ones..... that turned out well lol 

I’m not saying that will be the case with Che... but if we’d wanted him we’d have got him... he’s from leicester! 

Very true and I understand that it will always be the case that there will always be players we miss out on.

I just like the idea of dipping into the Championship for young players with proven quality at that level and hoping they make the step up I.e Maddison, Brooks etc and feel for £14 mill, he was well worth a punt.

Having said all this, I imagine with Southampton stating that Austin can leave and Ings injury record  he would get more game time there anyway. 

16 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

TBH he's probably seen what has happened to Kramaric, Iheanacho, Slimani and Musa. 

All their careers stalled because none of them were good enough to rotate from Vardy.

Che Adams is probably thinking he'll get more have time at Southampton, probably first choice there. 

Which striker in their right mind would come to Leicester who wants to improve and play football?

His girlfriend (and him at times) lived in Hinckley for a while, and the consensus from people who spoke to him was that he'd have jumped at the chance to sign for us, but you can't help but think the above would be applicable. Why come to us as 2nd/3rd choice up against one of the best strikers in the league, if not the world who is a club legend and currently one of the biggest icons in modern football or go to another PL club on similar money and arguably be first choice from the off?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

His girlfriend (and him at times) lived in Hinckley for a while, and the consensus from people who spoke to him was that he'd have jumped at the chance to sign for us, but you can't help but think the above would be applicable. Why come to us as 2nd/3rd choice up against one of the best strikers in the league, if not the world who is a club legend and currently one of the biggest icons in modern football or go to another PL club on similar money and arguably be first choice from the off?

Think living in Hinckley is a good enough reason to be put off and move away :D

• Haha 2

On 02/07/2019 at 17:22, fazzyfox said:

Spurs record transfer for Tanguy Ndombele. Rumours that moths flew out of Levy's Wallet and that the club have no recollection of how to conduct a medical are unfounded.

I heard they conducted the medical in the cheese room. 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

£20m rising to £26m apparently. He’s played about 50 games in the last 5 seasons!

Does seem a fairly large fee. No doubt he's a good player if he can get a consistent spell of games but like you said he's barely played at all due to injuries etc

4 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

Bournemouth signed Luton’s other promising RB, Stacey. Will be interesting to see how Justin and Stacey do In the prem this year.

I'm speculating that we actually looked at Stacey before deciding to pay double (it appears) for Luton's other full back. Reading other forums it seems that although Luton fans rate him very highly they're not totally bereft about losing both of their star defenders. We'd be bloody outraged if that happened to us.

Could be a tough first season back in the Championship for Luton.

8 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

I'm speculating that we actually looked at Stacey before deciding to pay double (it appears) for Luton's other full back. Reading other forums it seems that although Luton fans rate him very highly they're not totally bereft about losing both of their star defenders. We'd be bloody outraged if that happened to us.

Could be a tough first season back in the Championship for Luton.

I think most football fans don’t seem to deem the loss of fullbacks as great as say a centre back or CF etc... but unless they’ve got some players lined up or have some other gems of fullbacks in there academy they’ll really suffer that’s for sure. 

Am I greedy for wishing we’d signed both? ?

On 01/07/2019 at 17:50, Dahnsouff said:

Watford

In
Craig Dawson (West Brom) Undisclosed Details

This signing will go under the radar but wil turn out to be a very clever and astute signing by Watford. Dawson is a very solid player.

• Like 3