Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dahnsouff

Other teams completed transfer - Summer 19

Quite agree, and they have the most flexibility in terms of incurring additional costs (Apart from huge global clubs), so its hardly surprising.

Worked a treat for Fulham mind :D

To be fair is always going to be difficult for newly promoted/struggling sides to attract top players. Unless they can pick a few gems from championship or abroad, most decent players will want to see how they shape up before committing. Wolves, not unlike ourselves starting building their squad in the championship by buying enough quality to see them through with just a few additions once promoted.

18 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

A lot of the "big" transfers are waiting on small things to click into place. Once one goes I reckon we'll see a lot more 

Yes it will be usual domino effect. Once one big move is made then others follow as teams try to backfill vacancies created by leavers

19 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Yeah but he'll turn to shit the second he pulls on the claret. 

Haha they do have a knack very similar to strikers who sign for us, the exception for them being Felipe Anderson but I reckon even though he's looked good he'd be even better at another PL club.

There's a few stand-outs for me. Kelly for one, although we already have Chilwell. Wesley I would definitely take as back-up to Vardy. Clarke would give us another CB option and plays similarly to Maguire. Trossard and James I think will be good but we have loads of options on the left-wing. I'd rather have Lossl than Ward. Fornals or Jiminez I would have been ecstatic about signing

On 29/06/2019 at 05:41, Cheesemaker22 said:

There's a few stand-outs for me. Kelly for one, although we already have Chilwell. Wesley I would definitely take as back-up to Vardy. Clarke would give us another CB option and plays similarly to Maguire. Trossard and James I think will be good but we have loads of options on the left-wing. I'd rather have Lossl than Ward. Fornals or Jiminez I would have been ecstatic about signing

Lossl has made a fair few mistakes, for reference he was dropped in favour of Banter Ben Hamer. 

Trossard does look a good player, but we also thought that about Jahanbakhsh who we lost to Brighton. Time will tell but Brighton need mad investment to get them up and running 

On 28/06/2019 at 14:12, lcfc sheff said:

Lloyd kelly will be a good player I reckon, I find some similarities to us and Bournemouth.

Not sure, they need another three defenders before they can be where they need to be.

Kelly is in interesting one too, seen as a left back at Bristol City, but wasn’t good enough to displace Da Silva who they have now signed permanently with the Kelly money lol 

Kelly has to play CB last season just to get in the team.... seems decent enough, but for Bournemouth he’s another Mepham type... going to need time that they don’t have! 

4 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Not sure, they need another three defenders before they can be where they need to be.

Kelly is in interesting one too, seen as a left back at Bristol City, but wasn’t good enough to displace Da Silva who they have now signed permanently with the Kelly money lol 

Kelly has to play CB last season just to get in the team.... seems decent enough, but for Bournemouth he’s another Mepham type... going to need time that they don’t have! 

Ake, mings, mepham and of course now kelly are decent cbs, just need to work on there fullbacks as Francis/Daniels are wrong side of 30. 

I agree with them needing time that they won’t be afforded. Could get relegated but they always seem to just about hold it together after a few rough patches during the season. So who knows, they could be a big surprise this season.

4 hours ago, AjcW said:

And Da Silva has only cost a couple of million as per the terms of his previous loan spell from Chelsea.  I'm not sure about Kelly tbh.  Definitely got talent but seems to lack a bit of application and also only played at CB when there were injuries to Webster, Kalas or Baker...he's definitely not someone I would have seen going for 13m.  I honestly think Bournemouth will struggle this year.

13 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

New contract for Rashford. £300,000 a week. 

10 PL goals last season, he's really not worthy of that sort of salary.

I love it though as contracts like this just perpetuate Man Utd's problems.