Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dahnsouff

Other teams completed transfer - Summer 19

21 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

New contract for Rashford. £300,000 a week. 

Wow. I almost feel sorry for him in a way: I wouldn't be suprised if he's priced himself out of a move off that sinking ship now.

19 minutes ago, Haywood_6 said:

Brighton signing Trossard seems like a good bit of business. He's the sort of winger i'd like here

He's done really well in the last 2 seasons. I think we are only in the market for a left footer though that plays on the right.

37 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

New contract for Rashford. £300,000 a week. 

They are utterly clueless there. He's a decent player, but would he get paid more than about £120k anywhere else?

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

They are utterly clueless there. He's a decent player, but would he get paid more than about £120k anywhere else?

It's this sort of argument that makes me question your football knowledge.

Rashford is a Manure player (he's young, English and an international striker).

How much do you think Manure would have to pay to bring in a Rashford replacement of the same age, skill level and potential? 

300000 per week is a hell of a lot of money, but over the next 4 years Rashford will cost them about £60m.

His replacement would cost more than that to buy (Bissaka just cost them £50m) and then his replacement would need a salary (even if they only paid £120k that would be, £25M) and time to bed in to the Manure way of football.

In reality Manure have probably saved £60m over the next 4 years and they hold onto the rights of a player that has value in the football world if they do want to sell in the future.

51 minutes ago, FIF said:

How much do you think Manure would have to pay to bring in a Rashford replacement of the same age, skill level and potential? 

300000 per week is a hell of a lot of money, but over the next 4 years Rashford will cost them about £60m.

His replacement would cost more than that to buy (Bissaka just cost them £50m) and then his replacement would need a salary (even if they only paid £120k that would be, £25M) and time to bed in to the Manure way of football.

In reality Manure have probably saved £60m over the next 4 years and they hold onto the rights of a player that has value in the football world if they do want to sell in the future.

In essence you're correct in how much it would cost to get a replacement etc but the wages Man Utd are now paying for players is astonishing and they are regressing as a club challenging for titles. I'm not sure what their answer is but carrying on paying more and more than most other clubs for players that don't seem to match the going rate is a dangerous game. I think they're a ticking time bomb.

This is what happens when you start paying the wages for people like Sanchez. Other players want similar, if I was Rashford and I saw other players in dressing room earning insane money I would want equality too. United risk losing players if they don't match.

• Like 1

Guest SO1
3 minutes ago, egg_fried_rice said:

This Che Adams announcement animation from Saints is superb lol

Klopp :)

1 hour ago, egg_fried_rice said:

This Che Adams announcement animation from Saints is superb lol

Was about to slag this off as cringeworthy, then saw Klopp in the plane lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FrankieADZ said:

hope we havent missed out there, could have been a decent long term replacement for Vardy, but i guess time will tell if he does it at Southampton

Let southampton have him this season and if he's any good take him off their hands:brendan:

4 hours ago, FIF said:

There is a knock on effect throughout the squad when you start paying ordinary players world class wages.  Everyone will be knocking on Ole's door.  

Why would they need to replace him anyway?  Is Rashford saying he will leave unless they pay him £300k?  If so, I would call his bluff or just let him go if someone is fool enough to offer him that.  He should be on half that absolute max.  United are on their way to becoming a basket case club.

1 minute ago, murphy said:

There is a knock on effect throughout the squad when you start paying ordinary players world class wages.  Everyone will be knocking on Ole's door.  

Why would they need to replace him anyway?  Is Rashford saying he will leave unless they pay him £300k?  If so, I would call his bluff or just let him go if someone is fool enough to offer him that.  He should be on half that absolute max.  United are on their way to becoming a basket case club.

I think they are fully there in the 'basket case's department now. Spent years signing names, desperately scrambling to do well in the here and now with no obvious longer term plan...

This summer it seems to be throw crazy at average players. I would currently include Rashford in that. Longstaff,  AWB, Dan James etc arent the answer to improve them to the level their fans demand.

7 minutes ago, Big Wes Says Yes said:

I dunno about everyone else, but I'm pi$$ed off about Che Adams going to Southampton. £14mill isn't a lot these days for a young English striker with potential.

Not much different from the amount we paid for a backup keeper.

It does seem surprising we haven't publicly been in for him after being heavily linked early last season. I can only assume we have another target as I don't see us only having two strikers on the books. We seemingly opted or missed out on a number of wingers last summer that had been strongly linked and ended up with Ghezzal, so it might not necessarily mean they are of higher calibre.

33 minutes ago, Big Wes Says Yes said:

I dunno about everyone else, but I'm pi$$ed off about Che Adams going to Southampton. £14mill isn't a lot these days for a young English striker with potential.

We do this every season, always one or two “why didn’t we sign them oh my god” last year Eleyanousi (Southampton) and Schurle (Fulham) we’re the main ones..... that turned out well lol 

I’m not saying that will be the case with Che... but if we’d wanted him we’d have got him... he’s from leicester! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Big Wes Says Yes said:

Feel exactly the same. I think we missed a trick.