Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dahnsouff

Other teams completed transfer - Summer 19

13 hours ago, Jimbo said:

You say that but to normal football fans the whole situation is ridiculous. I mean seriously, who needs 600k a week to live? 

As a normal person and a football fan I'd give my left nut to play in the premier league for 50k a week, let alone some of the reported wages the likes of Sanchez and De Gea earn.

To me, he has no regard for the remainder of his career. He doesn't want the challenge anymore and once that goes away you might aw well give up playing. 

He's earned enough in his time in Spain. I'd be coming back home and taking any contract offered to me, because let's be fair he'd be offered well in excess of 100k a week by any of the big teams in England

Admittedly it is & I couldn’t agree with you more. I would do anything to play football for a living earning 2k a week. It’s not so much does he need it to live, the more money he earns allows his family to be wealthier for longer. 

But come on now give up playing, seriously... who in the right state of mind would throw away the potential to earn £52m a year, because well fvck it. Not a chance mate. Even your likes of Mayweather came out of retirement when the money was put on the table. For me a footballers career last roughly around 12-15 years, he knows he’s done everything he ever dreamed of doing so why not milk the cow dry before you hang up the boots. 

You’ve got to remember Bale isn’t telling the clubs to pay him that amount, the clubs offer the player that amount. The personal grudge some people have against players for earning so much money is imo just pure jealousy. Don’t blame the players, blame the clubs who give them the money. If your gaffer turned around to you & said he was gonna treble your wages, your not going to turn around & ask him if he can afford it are you... you shake his hand & walk off with a smile, regardless of what your colleagues think to it.

sports including football are simply a business in this era. Players get paid a ton, yet the clubs earn even more. 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Interesting if it's blocked by the board. 

Maybe the PR from the whole thing is pissing them off 

We have only heard one side of the Bale business.alleged reports on Zidanes interviews,which worse than echos keep bouncing of the walls.

No hard interviews or idea collection from RM, mixed management...

Irrelevant,remote fans and 2-3row journalist using other people's stories...

From the RM and Barca fans I know,has previously mentioned,The terraces are not disgruntled with Bale,and he has management members ,parts of the terraces who still would like him to stay.

But around both areas,no player is bigger than the club..no matter how deep the sympathies....Just look at the manager turn arounds....The club comes first,love of players also fleeting..

Messi and Ronaldo exceptions but only to a certain points....Young local players who find the glory ,will be encouraged and have some terrace peer protection,

But foreign mercenaries will have their descenters and also worshippers,so long as they deliver...

Entitlement for RM & Barca,seems that the traditional success ,gives the right to that entitlement...players because of their wages are expected to weather all storms....They receive the hero worship and respect from the terraces...so expected also to stand up to the flak,and to be fair few players actually go crying home to mama!!!

Edited by fuchsntf

4 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Interesting if it's blocked by the board. 

Maybe the PR from the whole thing is pissing them off 

It should. Makes them look like a small time club. No class. I don't care how many trophies they've won. Don't sign contracts you can't honor.

Feel like something is changing in the economics of the world and in football. Football can't stay on an island forever.

1 hour ago, VIKTOR-LE5 said:

BREAKING NEWS

Aston Villa have confirmed the signing of goalkeeper Tom Heaton from Burnley.

The fee is believed to be £8m, rising to £8.5m with add-ons.

Presume Pope is fit again and they fancied the cash.