Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

30-50m Winger

Fraser only has one yeah left on his contract and Howe has come out and says theres a god chance he won’t be there at the end of the season. So he’s preparing for him to move on. We should be into that. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JJS84 said:

Fraser only has one yeah left on his contract and Howe has come out and says theres a god chance he won’t be there at the end of the season. So he’s preparing for him to move on. We should be into that. 

We really should.

24 minutes ago, JJS84 said:

And they just bought a new winger ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JJS84 said:

He’s a great little player. Always been impressed with him when I’ve watched him play. Double swoop for Fraser and Ake? :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Swan Lesta said:

Perez has to start for me so if we want a winger it’s a left sided winger....

Fraser?

Zaha? 

Watching the game last night, I actually thought that Perez would play better on the left. A few times when he was carrying the ball towards goal, it was on his preferred right foot  meaning the ball was on the outside forcing him to shoot or cross and making it harder to cut inside. 

3 minutes ago, Farrington fox said:

Pretty sure Brendan knows what he wants. But should he  prioritise a winger over a centre back! I think so. 

Problem is though there will be a lot of disgruntled players in the squad with little chance of progression. 

Albrighton knows he’ll sometimes start sometimes won’t. Barnes has not taken his chance to demonstrate what he can do in terms of cementing his position. Gray hasn’t come close to cementing anything and is still working out how to switch on the mixer. Soyunco is keen for a first team shot but is still young and if the manger doesn’t think he’s ready then he’ll dip into the market.

Let’s be honest, all of the above bar Soyuncu have had match time to demonstrate their first team readiness to the manger. If the manager doesn’t trust fully in what he sees then they are squad subs until they take their chance.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Watching the game last night, I actually thought that Perez would play better on the left. A few times when he was carrying the ball towards goal, it was on his preferred right foot  meaning the ball was on the outside forcing him to shoot or cross and making it harder to cut inside. 

That’s interesting- I didn’t spot that.

1 minute ago, Foxy_Bear said:

He scored with his left

But yes he is more effetive on the right side!

Unless we ship someone out like ghezzal & Gray out, IMO i cant see us getting another winger. Just hasn’t been enough speculation in the press or Brendans subtle hints this is an area that they’ll be targeting. Plus no indication we'd be getting rid of the likes of Gray et Al, which would likely leave if they came in. 

CM and CB is what I'd expect to come in.

2 minutes ago, Lesta Legend said:

He scored with his left

But yes he is more effetive on the right side!

Unless we ship someone out like ghezzal & Gray out, IMO i cant see us getting another winger. Just hasn’t been enough speculation in the press or Brendans subtle hints this is an area that they’ll be targeting. Plus no indication we'd be getting rid of the likes of Gray et Al, which would likely leave if they came in. 

CM and CB is what I'd expect to come in.

There was practically nothing in the press about Perez until he signed.

But I do agree with you, I've said it before and it's been said by others, I genuinely believe that the £30-£50million winger that started this entire thread was Perez. 

I'm certain we'll sign a centre back now and that'll be us done

Just now, Jimbo said:

There was practically nothing in the press about Perez until he signed.

But I do agree with you, I've said it before and it's been said by others, I genuinely believe that the £30-£50million winger that started this entire thread was Perez. 

I'm certain we'll sign a centre back now and that'll be us done

carnt see us signing anyone now as both dunk and tawkoski are well over priced and not much better than we already have  and IMO perez was brought in to replace okazaki 

2 minutes ago, simon789us said:

carnt see us signing anyone now as both dunk and tawkoski are well over priced and not much better than we already have  and IMO perez was brought in to replace okazaki 

We’ll be going BIG this week.

30 minutes ago, simon789us said:

I think we will be signing one or two more before the end of the window. Probably an attack-minded midfielder and maybe a CB. They might be out of the blue like the Perez deal. Hopefully, we won't get ripped off too badly due to the well-publicised Maguire money.