Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

30-50m Winger

36 minutes ago, simon789us said:

Hope your right but winger and back up midfielder more important IMO and if we can can a CB at a decent price go for it but 40-50 mill for dunk or tawkoski is stupid

We’ve got plenty of midfielders, surely. The dilemma for me, is winger or CB. Ah fvck it, get both. 

But not Dunk!

Edited by Farrington fox

17 minutes ago, Farrington fox said:

We’ve got plenty of midfielders, surely. The dilemma for me, is winger or CB. Ah fvck it, get both. 

But not Dunk!

We have, but who have we got to cover Maddison or Tielemans? I think this is the area that needs strengthening most.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, simon789us said:

Got to be better options abroad than dunk tawkoski and ake for a lot less money got no names as im not 12 and play fifa but come on

I thought this was the winger thread... Anyway we signed Benkovic and Soyuncu from abroad, are they not satisfactory enough for you?

People keep banging on about another CM I don’t think we need one. I still think Silva will have a part to play this season. Even if it is backup. 

Plus brendan keeps choosing him. Over Amartey and Mendy.

A quality winger is all we need I think. If we get another CB in that’s not a really high price then great. 

Edited by LCFC FOX

43 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

We have, but who have we got to cover Maddison or Tielemans? I think this is the area that needs strengthening most.

Perez can absolutely cover for Maddison, though that leaves you short on the wing unless you sign another winger.  Signing a good one kills two birds with one stone.

Tielemans is a little tougher, but I really believe Silva can offer some cover there.  I also think with a formation tweak you could play Maddison deeper in the formation and make it work.  Tielemans is the sort of talent you're not going to replace with a single guy, unless you're one of the superclubs that can afford to have Tielemans as a bench player.

Edited by Deeg67

Think a quality wide player would be top of my agenda. Really don’t get the clamour for Wilson. He’s nowhere near the level we need to improve the starting eleven any time soon. Just feel that if this squad of massive potential isn’t to be picked off in transfers, we need to be pushing on this season. Not the next one or the one after. Our moment of reckoning is now. If the players don’t see that move, I fear some will initiate their own moves this time next year. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

Cant believe another striker is not mentioned on here more frequently. 

Because who would want to come here play 2nd fiddle to Vardy and potentially 3rd or 4th position with Perez and Nacho both perfectly able to play striker.

• Like 4

Just now, UniFox21 said:

Because who would want to come here play 2nd fiddle to Vardy and potentially 3rd or 4th position with Perez and Nacho both perfectly able to play striker.

We need to be ruthless and say "Jamie you cant do it all on your own" and recruit somebody to challenge his mantle. It only needs him to tweak something and we are desperately short. In Nacho I don't trust. Perez is not an out and out striker for me. 

Based on the 11 last night Albrighton loses his place. Perez works just as hard and wins the ball back even quicker!  The final price of this years 11 is a world class winger and this week is huge for us! Maguire is the domino that needed to fall to let this happen! 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

We need to be ruthless and say "Jamie you cant do it all on your own" and recruit somebody to challenge his mantle. It only needs him to tweak something and we are desperately short. In Nacho I don't trust. Perez is not an out and out striker for me. 

I would sign Maupay personally and loan him out at a lower end premier league team. He is Vardy's long term replacement imo.

Edited by Happy Fox

5 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Perez can absolutely cover for Maddison, though that leaves you short on the wing unless you sign another winger.  Singing a good one kills two birds with one stone.

Tielemans is a little tougher, but I really believe Silva can offer some cover there.  I also think with a formation tweak you could play Maddison deeper in the formation and make it work.  Tielemans is the sort of talent you're not going to replace with a single guy, unless you're one of the superclubs that can afford to have Tielemans as a bench player.

True. Maybe a winger is more beneficial.

I don't have much hope that Silva will come good, but I suppose there's a small chance BR will get a bit more out of him.

I think a winger is the choice if you want to improve the XI, but a CM improves the squad more. You are right, though - Perez could be played as the no.10 and then a new winger answers that, as well.

6 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

You do that, you risk our star striker turning round and wanting to leave. He is still one of the best in the league. We then pay stupidly over the odds to have a striker basically play number 2 or try and replace Vardy before we actually need to.

You may not rate either of nacho or Perez, but you don't watch them train week in week out. I'd rather try them both with Rodgers than lump out on another striker when winger and CAM is far more in need

• Like 2