Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

30-50m Winger

36 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Wow, where to start with this? Firstly, Congerton has a dodgy reputation and we have or had every right to be concerned about his appointment, however I highly doubt he's having any effect on recruitment this window. 

Your criticism of our signing of Ayoze Perez is nothing shirt of astonishing based on what you've said! Felipe Anderson prior to joining West Ham scored 4 and 4 in his previous 2 seasons in Serie A and West Ham chuffed up £35-40m for him, last season he got 9 in the Prem in a full season.

Richarlison cost Everton £40-50m and this was on the back of 1 season at Watford where he didn't score or assist in the 2nd half of the season, he scored 5 goals that season and they broke their transfer record on him. Last season he scored 14 goals and had a very good season, 1 goal more than Ayoze Perez scored for a very defensive Newcastle team.

Jota scored less than Perez for a very good Wolves team.

How are any of those players in a class above Perez? Ayoze's form in the PL in the last few seasons has been very good and is as close to a proven PL players as we could possibly get, with age on his side, versatility and more importantly plays exactly how Brendan Rodgers wants his forwards/wingers to play. 

Explain yourself please, I'm astounded.

I stand corrected, Richarlison scored the same amount as Perez according to wikipedia. So not a single one of them has outscored Perez but they are all a class above? Give your head a wobble.

• Haha 1

Yes @Harry S explain yourself! I only had to state I was slightly underwhelmed with the signing of lord Perez and I had the full wrath of Ric ?

Tbf he alleviated my concerns with a well thought out post and convinced me Perez was gods gift to the premier league. Which was confirmed after his first game for us. I’m excited to see how he progresses this season. 

Even with Perez being as good, stats wise at least, as the other players mentioned above, I still think we require another top drawer winger if we have aspirations of pushing the top 6. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, The_77 said:

This is still a thread?

More like a general discussion thread. Or a brainstorm, or seeing who else in Europe is signing midfielders and the going rate. Certainly bucks the trend when most other threads focus on the transfer news of particular players, whereas a £30-50m winger is a pretty wide scope...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Got a sneaky feeling we are going to go full beans for Ryan Fraser next week.

He's a left footed, left sided winger though? I thought Rodgers wanted wingers that cut inside

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Hope so. Would probably be insanely overpriced but would fit into our team very nicely. 

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I thought the same as Bournemouth are signing a replacement.

11 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Bournemouth have shown an interest in Gray in the past so would make sense to use him as part of a deal for Fraser. I said last week we should offer a straight swap deal given Fraser will be a freebie next summer. 

I just believe in Rodgers and his first season..He has carte-blanche...Either

Keep his inherited squad,and support encourage individuals..or he has decided who wont encourage to stay,and won't be anywhere near the first

3 rows of squad choices...He will also want to see if the FBs can drive forward then see if we defend as a team...

For this part of the season,I see Albrighton, Barnes, Gray, Perez ,even Periera,Ghezzal are more than adequate for that surge towards those high competitive covetted positions...

"Let loose the Foxes of war".....:scarf:

Awake King Dick...

Rachel will be fresh from holidays and ready to change her alliance from Red to blue..

Just a petition for Balti pies and then everything is perfect...:scarf:

But the Ashes for now,takes priority..

Harry & wingers....don't need the paper talk,and when the 1 week ends,

No further Transfer talk...This summer chit chat has been the worse,one mundane track of ...

a gossip-paper-chase!! And like an idiot I was drawn in,and followed it....

My excuse 7 months hospital....

What's yours..:ph34r:....:crylaugh:

Edited by fuchsntf

At the risk of repeating myself, I’m still hoping we jump in for Harry Wilson from Liverpool.

Had a great pre-season with them, scoring against both Dortmund and Lyon.

Scored 15 goals in 40 games in the championship last season on loan at Derby.

22 years old, perfect age for Brendan to coach and develop.

Already acclimatised to the intensity of English football, if not the Premier League, but is hungry for the step up.

(Maddison last season?)

Right sided winger, who is predominantly left footed, so will cut inside while Ricardo overlaps.

Expected to be available for £20m to  £25m. (Probably more like £25m with Bournemouth showing some interest).

This feels to me like a great fit for us.

Unfortunately no real rumours of us showing interest though.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bezzanator89 said:

More like a general discussion thread. Or a brainstorm, or seeing who else in Europe is signing midfielders and the going rate. Certainly bucks the trend when most other threads focus on the transfer news of particular players, whereas a £30-50m winger is a pretty wide scope...

Fair enough!