Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

30-50m Winger

Guest ttfn

Basel v PSV is an absolutely brutal draw at this stage of the Champions League for both sides, especially after both Switzerland and the Netherlands qualified for the Nations League finals. Arguably the two strongest sides in this stage of the competition.

Are we actually linked with any attacking midfielders? This topic just looks like a general football talk session. Someone put me out of my misery. Far as I am aware, I've seen absolutely little. Any possible outgoings such as Ghezzal and Diabate that will create an opening for a signing?

12 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Ziyech £25 million. Get it done. The lad wants to play for a proper big club. We could be his stepping stone to something he aspires to. Ahh, but then.........Harry. 

Ziyech is in no rush to leave Ajax and Ajax are mroe than happy to keep him.

He's already turned down Sevilla.

28 minutes ago, Bezzanator89 said:

Are we actually linked with any attacking midfielders? This topic just looks like a general football talk session. Someone put me out of my misery. Far as I am aware, I've seen absolutely little. Any possible outgoings such as Ghezzal and Diabate that will create an opening for a signing?

Well, Perez came out of nowhere, so the fact that there's not any real links being talked about might not mean we're not about to sign anyone. Rodgers has said he wants another attacking CM, and a replacement for Maguire if he goes. I expect most outgoings will leave on loan nearer the end of the European window.

55 minutes ago, ttfn said:

Basel v PSV is an absolutely brutal draw at this stage of the Champions League for both sides, especially after both Switzerland and the Netherlands qualified for the Nations League finals. Arguably the two strongest sides in this stage of the competition.

Beyond me how they've run into each other this early on. Both are usually in the groups.

2 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Ziyech is in no rush to leave Ajax and Ajax are mroe than happy to keep him.

He's already turned down Sevilla.

His agent apparently said he wanted a top 8 prem club. But that could have been more media nonsense. 

2 hours ago, Bezzanator89 said:

Latest was we were looking at a couple of players from Italy, Praet being one but we're  waiting for a domino effect of other transfers. Thats what @LinekersApples suggested anyway. 

Anyone else worried about the transfer department now, given that over the past couple if years our recruitment has been pretty good given we got in maddison, youri, ricardo, maguire, benkovic and soyuncu, however we bring in lee congerton and all of a sudden we go and sign Ayoze Perez. Dont get me wrong perez obviously better than someone like gray but he isn’t a winger in the same bracket that the other clubs we are competing with have, ie west ham everton and wolves have anderson, richarlison and jota respectively. I just feel like we are a star winger or a promising winger off being able to push too the front of the race for Europe. 

Albeit we have a promising squad and i cant wait for the season to start. Cmon LEICESTER !!!! 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Harry S said:

Anyone else worried about the transfer department now, given that over the past couple if years our recruitment has been pretty good given we got in maddison, youri, ricardo, maguire, benkovic and soyuncu, however we bring in lee congerton and all of a sudden we go and sign Ayoze Perez. Dont get me wrong perez obviously better than someone like gray but he isn’t a winger in the same bracket that the other clubs we are competing with have, ie west ham everton and wolves have anderson, richarlison and jota respectively. I just feel like we are a star winger or a promising winger off being able to push too the front of the race for Europe. 

Albeit we have a promising squad and i cant wait for the season to start. Cmon LEICESTER !!!! 

yeah bringing a player in with bags of premier league experience and pretty decent scoring rate in a weak team is a total disaster.

you also forgot to mention all the tripe that Congertons predecessors brought in as well.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Harry S said:

A lot of our best signings over the last few years have been ones that most people would turn their noses up at.

• Mahrez: Some scrawny kid from the French second division. Arguably one of the best players to ever play for us
  • Vardy: Plucked from Non-league
  • Simpson: Failed to make the grade elsewhere, few troubled spells
  • Albrighton: Aston Villa academy product who they allowed to leave on a free
  • Huth: Not in the Stoke side, his signing arguably saved us from relegation
  • Maguire: Sold by relegated Hull who conceded a huge number of goals that season.
  • Evans: Unwanted by relegated WBA, was our best defender last season

Perez isn't going to be a world-beater but its a very astute signing and he should fit in very well here, giving us more - quality - depth in an area where we're sorely lacking besides from Vardy. You also have to balance it against value - Perez at £30m could be a brilliant buy when compared to your examples: £40m Anderson and £50m Richarlison.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

Not sure I understand people's concerns about Congerton.

Brendan has left his boyhood club for this job - he is desperate to do well here because it's the only way he'll get a top 6 job again. He isn't going to blow that chance by appointing a complete mess as head of recruitment. Never mind the fact that Congerton is guided by a lot of good voices - the likes of technical scouts Callum Smithson and Jose Fontes are well regarded at the club.

Can't remember which poster pointed it out but Ayoze has ridiculous stats in ball recovery, league leading for tackles and interceptions from the front in fact. That's the sort of Kante-esque recruitment strategy that we all should get behind - Brendan wants a forward capable of pressing from the front, and he is exactly that player.

Let's see what the next 8 days bring. Two signings would be a fantastic end to a window in which we've already done great things.

Thumbs up for the rest of your post, but take a gander over to the congerton thread when we were first linked and there appears to be a near endless supply of justifiable reasons to be concerned.

I shit a brick reading that.

All going well so far though, so not complaining at all, but questioning why there are/were/could be concerns seems a little ostrich like to me.

2 minutes ago, gw_leics772 said:

Thumbs up for the rest of your post, but take a gander over to the congerton thread when we were first linked and there appears to be a near endless supply of justifiable reasons to be concerned.

I shit a brick reading that.

All going well so far though, so not complaining at all, but questioning why there are/were/could be concerns seems a little ostrich like to me.

Okay, I get some of the concerns, that was poor wording!

• Haha 1