Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Champions League 2019-20

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Lampard must have decided Barkley is the taker ahead of Jorginho ..........strange call ! 

Karma as it wasnt a pen anyway ....

He's the most overrated player in the league. He's got lovely technique- that's about it. Bang average at everything else. 

3 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Did you see the "dressing rooms " last week?

More like a building site !!

Stadium is owned by the local Naples council and the dressing rooms are "being renovated", quite literally is a building site!

They had to actually request the first two league games of the season to be played away because of the state of the dressing rooms, so seems like they must have sorted something out for their last league game and tonight

• Like 1

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Stadium is owned by the local Naples council and the dressing rooms are "being renovated", quite literally is a building site!

They had to actually request the first two league games of the season to be played away because of the state of the dressing rooms, so seems like they must have sorted something out for their last league game and tonight

Yes - you can see it here.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49672091

I wonder if the away dressing room is the same - sure that might be given as an excuse!

I think this season British football may be shown up for the weakness apparent when watching prem games. You have to believe that the other leagues have been shamed by the British dominance in european finals last season and have taken steps to arrest their own declines.

As long as PSG get no further than the quarter finals I'll be happy with whatever happens. 

Champion's league has lost it's interest to me.

Rich clubs just wanting to be richer happily at the expense of other teams and football in general.

9 minutes ago, FIF said:

I think this season British football may be shown up for the weakness apparent when watching prem games. You have to believe that the other leagues have been shamed by the British dominance in european finals last season and have taken steps to arrest their own declines.

Group Stages is just shadowplay - Liverpool won't be too arsed given the other opposition in the group 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Super_horns said:

Yes - you can see it here.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49672091

I wonder if the away dressing room is the same - sure that might be given as an excuse!

Already arguing with the architect as well it seems!

As the architect mentioned that they are ahead of contractual times, someone has really messed up somewhere if they didn’t even seemingly consider getting it finished during the summer

Whole stadium needs knocking down, last year the owner was apparently close to buying land to build a new 30,000 seater stadium but nothing else seems to have come out about it

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Group Stages is just shadowplay - Liverpool won't be too arsed given the other opposition in the group 

yeah, liverpool lost all 3 aways last year, needed an injury time miss from napoli to even get through. 

spurs were relying on other results for about 6 games in their group and fluked through because inter didn't beat PSV and they managed a draw against an already qualified second string barca. man city even lost at home in their group. 

the chelsea result last night was hardly a massive shock, chelsea are pretty rubbish. liverpool will still qualify without a second thought, probably as group winners, too. their only issue might be that they'll still need to play their first team on matchday 5 and 6 which might cost them a couple of points in the league if they're playing pretty much the same 11 players twice a week through november and december into the new year. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Already arguing with the architect as well it seems!

As the architect mentioned that they are ahead of contractual times, someone has really messed up somewhere if they didn’t even seemingly consider getting it finished during the summer

Whole stadium needs knocking down, last year the owner was apparently close to buying land to build a new 30,000 seater stadium but nothing else seems to have come out about it

Stadium has been partly refurbished during the summer but appears the changing rooms weren’t part of that 

Dortmund v Barcelona has been avoided for years when I've always thought in theory it could be an excellent game. Surprise surprise it ends goalless.

Salzburg are mental.

Chelsea in real danger of going out after that last night. You'd have to fancy both Valencia and Ajax to come above them after those results. Early days but I had them down to win that. Valencia in turmoil. They shouldn't be losing that.

19 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Dortmund v Barcelona has been avoided for years when I've always thought in theory it could be an excellent game. Surprise surprise it ends goalless.

Salzburg are mental.

Chelsea in real danger of going out after that last night. You'd have to fancy both Valencia and Ajax to come above them after those results. Early days but I had them down to win that. Valencia in turmoil. They shouldn't be losing that.

Chelsea need to win one of their away games against Ajax or Valencia IMO.

28 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Chelsea need to win one of their away games against Ajax or Valencia IMO.

They do, and probably Valencia.

It's early days but you'd have to favour Valencia over them at the minute after that.

It's quite a nicely balanced group really. There's no obvious outstanding side and no obvious whipping boys.