Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

LCFC Announce Partnership With Stonewall

1 minute ago, Hammo said:

Privacy and confidentiality exist for a reason. For example, some people prefer not to have it widely known - even to their nearest and dearest - that they have a serious illness, whereas there are others who want to write a book about it. It's down to the personal choice of the individual.

What bothers me is this over-the-top obsession of media-encouraged pressure groups to ignore personal choice in their self-righteous, pseudo-virtuous crusades for change.

if someone wants to keep their sexuality, health, salary, even football club allegiance private, then they should be allowed to without feeling harassed or bullied into an against-their-will confession.

It's a personal choice that is born from society's often hateful reactions, and so you have a social problem, a social problem the club and Stonewall is trying to help alleviate.

14 hours ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

Pink shirts/ Stonewall/ Caglar's todger/ Pride. It just seems like a moment to me, and apart from the song, a welcome one.

It's cool if you want to come out on Foxestalk. :D

Genuine question - would it bother you if you were a footballer and had to share a dressing room with a member of the LGBT community? 

It wouldn’t both me. We’re all human. Just because you’ve got a different sexual preference to me, shouldn’t impact the part where you are part of the squad. Segregation is a crazy idea and if anything would any create further divide. 

Am I offended by the guy with brown hair - no

Am I offended by the person with ginger hair - no

Am I offended by the guy with green eyes - no

Am I offended by the Christian - no

Am I offended by the Muslim - no

Am I offended by the person with white skin - no

Am I offended by the person from Asia - no

We’re all different, sexual preference included and the world just needs to get its head around this and stop looking down on people. 

Like others have stated; I do not believe this issue is as rife as it was 10 - 20 years ago. We now embrace different cultures and people. 30 years ago it was common place, the world lacked education and people used terms that they didn’t know were derogatory towards others. Through education, this has improved significantly.

Unfortunately, the main issue we have now is social media. It gives the world the platform to spew out whatever the first thing comes into mind. I believed these idiots are marginal compared to overall users, however until profile generation is fully verified, then it’s difficult to control. 

Edited by Sly
  • Like 1

On 01/09/2019 at 09:55, shade said:

genuine question, how would it work in changing rooms, is it any different to a woman being in the changing room with a load of naked men?

Yes and no. It would be more like you being in a changing room with a load of women getting changed. Would you look? Would you try not to? Would getting changed with people that are of the gender that you are attracted to become such a normal occurrence that you are just completely desensitised to it? It's just not sexual it's getting changed to play football. I'm sure you've been on a beach with some hot practically naked women and been able to keep your shit together. 

I feel the greater risk is falling for a team mate, not because you've seen them naked but because playing sports at a high level creates strong bonds with shared intense experiences, extreme highs and lows, brothers in arms etc. 

On the matter of there being no gay professional footballers, it wouldn't surprise me if that was the case. It is not the hostile environment it once was but it's still not welcoming, making it in football requires an immense amount of focus and determination and most kids are set on the path well before they start figuring out their sexuality. Discovering girls is enough of a distraction for young footballers to lose focus and not make it, imagine discovering boys in that environment and trying to maintain optimum physical and mental state. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sly said:

Genuine question - would it bother you if you were a footballer and had to share a dressing room with a member of the LGBT community? 

It wouldn’t both me. We’re all human. Just because you’ve got a different sexual preference to me, shouldn’t impact the part where you are part of the squad. Segregation is a crazy idea and if anything would any create further divide. 

Am I offended by the guy with brown hair - no

Am I offended by the person with ginger hair - no

Am I offended by the guy with green eyes - no

Am I offended by the Christian - no

Am I offended by the Muslim - no

Am I offended by the person with white skin - no

Am I offended by the person from Asia - no

We’re all different, sexual preference included and the world just needs to get its head around this and stop looking down on people. 

Like others have stated; I do not believe this issue is as rife as it was 10 - 20 years ago. We now embrace different cultures and people. 30 years ago it was common place, the world lacked education and people used terms that they didn’t know were derogatory towards others. Through education, this has improved significantly.

Unfortunately, the main issue we have now is social media. It gives the world the platform to spew out whatever the first thing comes into mind. I believed these idiots are marginal compared to overall users, however until profile generation is fully verified, then it’s difficult to control. 

No it wouldn't bother me and hasn't bothered me in my own sport. However I'm still not convinced by the way these things work and how they push their agendas. I have gay friends that despise pride and don't care for groups like Stonewall as they feel it can create further animosity and is forcing people to accept rather than letting them on their own terms. Obviously there is no right or wrong answer as either way there will always be a minority of idiots, but that's certainly on both sides. 

Whilst I agree with most of what you have said, that's in a very ideal world scenario. As soon as there is an overall expectation of acceptance for one group, it can directly impact on other groups and not always in a positive way. 

I honestly believe everyone should be entitled to their own beliefs and opinions as long as they aren't inciting violence towards another. Problems arrise when people are too easily offended and also when society is essentially forced to think a certain way or told that only one agenda is socially accepted. Who even decides what's offensive these days?

Agree that the media is a massive issue. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, srex9 said:

No it wouldn't bother me and hasn't bothered me in my own sport. However I'm still not convinced by the way these things work and how they push their agendas. I have gay friends that despise pride and don't care for groups like Stonewall as they feel it can create further animosity and is forcing people to accept rather than letting them on their own terms. Obviously there is no right or wrong answer as either way there will always be a minority of idiots, but that's certainly on both sides. 

Whilst I agree with most of what you have said, that's in a very ideal world scenario. As soon as there is an overall expectation of acceptance for one group, it can directly impact on other groups and not always in a positive way. 

I honestly believe everyone should be entitled to their own beliefs and opinions as long as they aren't inciting violence towards another. Problems arrise when people are too easily offended and also when society is essentially forced to think a certain way or told that only one agenda is socially accepted. Who even decides what's offensive these days?

Pretty much sums up my opinion. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Captain... said:

Yes and no. It would be more like you being in a changing room with a load of women getting changed. Would you look? Would you try not to? Would getting changed with people that are of the gender that you are attracted to become such a normal occurrence that you are just completely desensitised to it? It's just not sexual it's getting changed to play football. I'm sure you've been on a beach with some hot practically naked women and been able to keep your shit together. 

I feel the greater risk is falling for a team mate, not because you've seen them naked but because playing sports at a high level creates strong bonds with shared intense experiences, extreme highs and lows, brothers in arms etc. 

On the matter of there being no gay professional footballers, it wouldn't surprise me if that was the case. It is not the hostile environment it once was but it's still not welcoming, making it in football requires an immense amount of focus and determination and most kids are set on the path well before they start figuring out their sexuality. Discovering girls is enough of a distraction for young footballers to lose focus and not make it, imagine discovering boys in that environment and trying to maintain optimum physical and mental state. 

the biological fact is one misplaced erection and the dynamic would change completely.

On 10/07/2019 at 13:20, boots60 said:

I know I'm going to be criticised for this but....

WTF has a persons sexual persuasion got to do with LCFC or any other football club?

Nothing, nothing at all. 

It's bandwagon jumping and just chasing the lbgt pound. 

No one in their right mind cares what sexual preference someone else holds. 

What about the people that are sexually attracted to aeroplanes? Where is our movement, why has no one invested in making us feel at home next to all the haters?

16 hours ago, srex9 said:

:appl: me too.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cujek said:

What about the people that are sexually attracted to aeroplanes? Where is our movement, why has no one invested in making us feel at home next to all the haters?

When that is routinely used as an insult and source of discrimination there will be a movement, but seeing as it is virtually impossible to display affection to your aviation vehicle of choice in public I don't think you need to worry too much about that. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, shade said:

the biological fact is one misplaced erection and the dynamic would change completely.

Maybe, but as I said when you're on the beach with a bunch of topless women are you able to control yourself and not get an erection?

As a teenager going through puberty and having unwanted erections you find a way to deal with it/hide it. Maybe you're right, this could be why gay men stop playing professional team sports, because dealing with puberty and coming to terms with sexuality whilst trying to succeed in the high pressure environment of football academies is tough.

2 hours ago, Xen said:

Wrong, so so wrong.

LCFC - as with any other football club - is a huge part of the local community. A community which has a not-insignificant number of LGBT people in it. There will be LGBTQ people working for the club and plenty of fans who come in every week, even international fans from less-than-supportive countries; the club showing their support by joining in at pride and giving publicity to the FoxesPride fan group goes a hell of a long way to showing those people - myself included - that we're valid and have support. Something that is easy to take for granted looking from the outside in, but is far from being standard for a lot of people. To see that your club - a big part of your identity - is publically on your side cannot be underestimated.

'Chasing the LGBT pound' - give over. In Leicestershire there are far, far more asian people than there are lgbtq people. If supporting pride was purely a financial decision then you'd expect they would be focusing far more on bringing in 'the asian pound' instead, but that's not the case, now is it?

Well this is just being ridiculous.

If you think all this rainbow stuff isn't money chasing then you are extremely naive. 

If people are so unsure of themselves that they feel the need to be included then maybe they should grow a thicket skin. 

I don't care what colour someone is, religion they choose or who someone wants to bang, it makes zero difference to me and I don't understand why anyone else would care either. 

Also why is my sexual preference ridiculous and the person stood next to me isn't? 

Just let everyone be who they want, why do we need to assign rainbows to stuff. 

You can't walk around these days without someone wearing some kind of badge to let you k ow they identify as what ever it is. 

It's political correctness gone wrong. 

Just let people be people. 

**** your social justice warrioring, in my world no one gives a **** what anyone else is. 

Why do you feel the need for validity? I accept you exactly how you are and anyone that don't, well that's their issue, not yours. 

We are all human, we are all here scrapping a living trying to make it better for our children, these labels that we allow our masters to place upon us will be our downfall, keeping us fighting each other and dividing so we can't unite for the good of the human race 

2 hours ago, Captain... said:

When that is routinely used as an insult and source of discrimination there will be a movement, but seeing as it is virtually impossible to display affection to your aviation vehicle of choice in public I don't think you need to worry too much about that. 

That feels like a challenge! 

(sorry for double post, merge if poss) 

8 minutes ago, Cujek said:

Why do you feel the need for validity? I accept you exactly how you are and anyone that don't, well that's their issue, not yours. 

We are all human, we are all here scrapping a living trying to make it better for our children, these labels that we allow our masters to place upon us will be our downfall, keeping us fighting each other and dividing so we can't unite for the good of the human race 

Except it becomes an issue when those people attack someone verbally or physically for just being themselves. I don't disagree with what you're saying but it is naive to think that just because you accept everyone for who they are then everyone else does. When people are being attacked for expressing love then something needs to be done. Pride, flags, ribbons, initiatives like the Stonewall partnership may not be the best way, but they are a damn sight better than doing nothing and letting hate fester unchallenged 

Edited by Captain...
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Captain... said:

Except it becomes an issue when those people attack someone verbally or physically for just being themselves. I don't disagree with what you're saying but it is naive to think that just because you accept everyone for who they are then everyone else does. When people are being attacked for expressing love then something needs to be done. Pride, flags, ribbons, initiatives like the Stonewall partnership may not be the best way, but they are a damn sight better than doing nothing and letting hate fester unchallenged 

I almost can garuntee that everyone has been subjected to some form of bullying in one way or another, I just don't get why a single group is singled out and has a special month and symbol that must be worn to show inclusion. 

Surley by wearing a badge that says I support a group means that the mentally challenged people have won? 

Surley in 2019 we are advanced enough as a race to be able to say we are unite as one people and be against any kind of exclusions. 

The only reasons divides exist is because of the narrative of the people controlling the media and ultimately what most people think want us to be divided. 

Everyone is scurrying around battling each other over things that they can't control instead of looking at the bigger picture and who we should be fighting against, we are right where they want us. 

Let's just drop the pigeon holing, let's just stop hating each other for no reason, seems a lot better than wearing a rainbow or any other symbol to identify your self. 

I wish the world isn't how it is, I wish we could work together instead of fighting over stuff.

29 minutes ago, Cujek said:

If you think all this rainbow stuff isn't money chasing then you are extremely naive. 

If people are so unsure of themselves that they feel the need to be included then maybe they should grow a thicket skin. 

I don't care what colour someone is, religion they choose or who someone wants to bang, it makes zero difference to me and I don't understand why anyone else would care either. 

Also why is my sexual preference ridiculous and the person stood next to me isn't? 

Just let everyone be who they want, why do we need to assign rainbows to stuff. 

You can't walk around these days without someone wearing some kind of badge to let you k ow they identify as what ever it is. 

It's political correctness gone wrong. 

Just let people be people. 

**** your social justice warrioring, in my world no one gives a **** what anyone else is. 

ITS PC GONE MAD, MATE.

YOU CAN'T EVEN THROW A DUCK AT A MUSLIM WITHOUT SOME LEFTY CALLING YOU A SEXIST.

MAKES ME SICK.

AS LONG AS YOU THROW THE DUCK IN THE PRIVACY OF YOU'RE OWN HOME I COULDN'T CARE LESS.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS, I SAY.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Cujek said:

I almost can garuntee that everyone has been subjected to some form of bullying in one way or another, I just don't get why a single group is singled out and has a special month and symbol that must be worn to show inclusion. 

Surley by wearing a badge that says I support a group means that the mentally challenged people have won? 

Surley in 2019 we are advanced enough as a race to be able to say we are unite as one people and be against any kind of exclusions. 

The only reasons divides exist is because of the narrative of the people controlling the media and ultimately what most people think want us to be divided. 

Everyone is scurrying around battling each other over things that they can't control instead of looking at the bigger picture and who we should be fighting against, we are right where they want us. 

Let's just drop the pigeon holing, let's just stop hating each other for no reason, seems a lot better than wearing a rainbow or any other symbol to identify your self. 

I wish the world isn't how it is, I wish we could work together instead of fighting over stuff.

I largely agree but to get to that point we need flag waving, ribbons, rainbow laces we need to show that those who descriminate are in a minority and those that are descriminated against are accepted by the majority. I don't know how it feels to be a persecuted minority but one vocal dickhead probably outweighs a million people being silently accepting.  I imagine seeing signs of support everywhere would make me feel more comfortable in a world that can be tough at the best of times.

Edited by Captain...

5 hours ago, Cujek said:

Nothing, nothing at all. 

It's bandwagon jumping and just chasing the lbgt pound. 

No one in their right mind cares what sexual preference someone else holds. 

Cujek lost his cock trying to shag a 737, pass it on.

• Haha 3