Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

LCFC Announce Partnership With Stonewall

36 minutes ago, boots60 said:

I know I'm going to be criticised for this but....

WTF has a persons sexual persuasion got to do with LCFC or any other football club?

It shouldn't have anything to do with it but while homophobic abuse continues to be rife in the stands then the football club are doing absolutely the right thing by taking a stand against it. Hopefully one day it isn't an issue but while it invariably is, it needs to be tackled. If clubs take the 'not our problem' approach then abuse and other types of discrimination at matches will only proliferate and no-one in the right mind wants that - I'd hope.

Edited by Paddy.
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

It seems that the western world stands on the brink of a massive extremist cultural step backwards, a reversion to prejudices of the past. 

The rights of minorities have not, in my adult lifetime, needed more protection. 

So this is a good thing. 

One of the best posts ever. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

It seems that the western world stands on the brink of a massive extremist cultural step backwards, a reversion to prejudices of the past. 

The rights of minorities have not, in my adult lifetime, needed more protection. 

So this is a good thing. 

Australia is currently in the throws of trying to enact a "religious freedoms" act that will legalise homophobia, just sayin :facepalm:

17 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

Australia is currently in the throws of trying to enact a "religious freedoms" act that will legalise homophobia, just sayin :facepalm:

We have the bizarre situation here where schools in Birmingham are having parents protesting and removing their children from classes because their kids are being taught that a) gay people exist and b) that's ok. Their protests have included hilarious placards stating "Education Not Indoctrination" and people telling reporters that homosexuality might be legal but that doesn't make it moral. Bizarre times. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Vacamion said:

So this is a good thing. 

Suppose it depends where you live. I could give plenty of examples where certain majority groups are given the reverse treatment whereby any rights of expression are removed.

Historically, it seems the way to right wrongs of the past are to swing the pendulum too far other way.

Regardless, hard to find much fault with the club's decision to align with them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, boots60 said:

I know I'm going to be criticised for this but....

WTF has a persons sexual persuasion got to do with LCFC or any other football club?

It's not about sexual persuasion,  it's about prejudice and being treated the same as everybody else regardless of sexual preference. 

Homophobia is still rife and needs to be stamped out.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

Suppose it depends where you live. I could give plenty of examples where certain majority groups are given the reverse treatment whereby any rights of expression are removed.

Historically, it seems the way to right wrongs of the past are to swing the pendulum too far other way.

Regardless, hard to find much fault with the club's decision to align with them.

Really?

Whose rights of expression are being removed and what can't they say that they would like to be able to say

• Like 1

Guest Markyblue
18 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

To play a slight straw man........ What about Kick It Out? Pointless because a person's race should have nothing to do with football?

You've actually hit the nail on the head without quite meaning to. This is important exactly BECAUSE a person's sexuality should have nothing to do with football, that's precisely the point of the partnership. X 

A person's sexuality should have nothing to do with sport. But there is every chance in the future the trans issue is going to cause serious problems in women's sport, like it or not.

Guest Markyblue
2 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Firstly, sexuality and trans are completely different things. Secondly there are, of course, issues with trans women playing CIS women in sports which need to be looked at but..... Thirdly, those issues have nothing to do with trying to stamp out homophobia. Fourthly, it seems churlish to put a negative slant on a positive story. Fifthly, I just wanted to say fifthly. X 

Negative or not if you want to censor comments that are in no way sexist or offensive,  merely on observation on a important issue maybe you have the problem. 

1 minute ago, Markyblue said:

Negative or not if you want to censor comments that are in no way sexist or offensive,  merely on observation on a important issue maybe you have the problem. 

Censor? I responded to and challenged your comments, the exact opposite or censorship? I fully believe in freedom of speech and would never try to censor? X

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

Really?

Whose rights of expression are being removed and what can't they say that they would like to be able to say

I think you’re posts on this thread are brilliant and I entirely agree, however I would give one example. 

The organisation that I work for and represent bought a motion to its national Annual Conference condemning the actions of the state of Israel with regards to its appalling treatment of Palestinians and a very powerful group from the Jewish Board of Deputies attended and called it anti Semitic. 

15 minutes ago, Markyblue said:

Censorship and arguing a point aren't quite the same, are they? 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

We have the bizarre situation here where schools in Birmingham are having parents protesting and removing their children from classes because their kids are being taught that a) gay people exist and b) that's ok. Their protests have included hilarious placards stating "Education Not Indoctrination" and people telling reporters that homosexuality might be legal but that doesn't make it moral. Bizarre times. 

The irony of this is clearly lost on these people.

12 minutes ago, Nickfosse said:

I think you’re posts on this thread are brilliant and I entirely agree, however I would give one example. 

The organisation that I work for and represent bought a motion to its national Annual Conference condemning the actions of the state of Israel with regards to its appalling treatment of Palestinians and a very powerful group from the Jewish Board of Deputies attended and called it anti Semitic. 

Chilling. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1