Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

LCFC Announce Partnership With Stonewall

8 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Censor? I responded to and challenged your comments, the exact opposite or censorship? I fully believe in freedom of speech and would never try to censor? X

The problem is that some believe freedom of speech is the freedom from criticism or repercussion. Just look at that Israel Folau case, the amount of people on his side who beleive that you can say whatever the hell you like and people have to put up with it because 'freedom of speech'. The definition given in Article 10 of the Human Rights Act is:-

1. Everyone has the right to freedom of expression. This right shall include freedom to hold opinions and to receive and impart information and ideas without interference by public authority and regardless of frontiers. This Article shall not prevent States from requiring the licensing of broadcasting, television or cinema enterprises.

2. The exercise of these freedoms, since it carries with it duties and responsibilities, may be subject to such formalities, conditions, restrictions or penalties as are prescribed by law and are necessary in a democratic society, in the interests of national security, territorial disorder or crime, for the protection of health or morals, for the protection of the reputation or rights of others, for preventing the disclosure of information received in confidence, or for maintaining the authority and impartiality of the judiciary.

I fail to see where in that definition one is free to say whatever they want without any interference whatsoever if it is deemed offensive imoral etc. 

As for anyone suggesting that it's too far the other way, I really don't see how wearing a colourful armband and whatever else the partnership will involve is at all similar to the treatment of some LGBTQ people. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

We have the bizarre situation here where schools in Birmingham are having parents protesting and removing their children from classes because their kids are being taught that a) gay people exist and b) that's ok. Their protests have included hilarious placards stating "Education Not Indoctrination" and people telling reporters that homosexuality might be legal but that doesn't make it moral. Bizarre times. 

Yes and sadly, people following that same religion will flood the LCFC FB page with vile abuse too.

2 hours ago, boots60 said:

I know I'm going to be criticised for this but....

WTF has a persons sexual persuasion got to do with LCFC or any other football club?

Weird to single out your problem with this specific club partnership but never mention any of the others... 

https://www.lcfc.com/partnerships/club-partners 

De Montfort University 

"I know I'm going to be criticised for this but... 

WTF has a persons university education got to do with LCFC or any other football club?" 

I bet you're alright with that one though eh :thumbup:

• Like 2

Great news and move by the club. Anyone questioning this, just doesn't get it and so it's exactly these kind of partnerships that help people become more aware and hopefully understand the issues the community still face today in Football and in life. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, boots60 said:

WTF has a persons sexual persuasion got to do with LCFC or any other football club?

As at Wednesday 5.55pm
"WTF has a persons sexual persuasion got to do with LCFC or any other football club?" 0
"It's the 21st century and homophobia is rife still in football." 18  

Arbroath's record 36-0 beating of Bon Accord in 1885 is in serious danger!

Come on WTF, hang on in there, don't concede any more cheap likes.

Seriously.   What were you thinking?

"WTF has a persons sexual persuasion got to do with LCFC or any other football club?" is a factually correct statement.   But that's not the point.   Go and stand in the corner with a 'D' cap on. 

On 2nd thoughts better not; that might be a duncephobic hate crime.

• Haha 1

I am going to say this. Firstly I am a white Englishman retired in Spain and I consider everyone color or creed or whatever the same. I judge the person not the background or sexuality. I work in a charity shop where it is run by British to help local Moroccan, South American , along with Spanish to get good deals on clothes and furniture etc and the money we make gets plowed into local schools for computers etc. 

Recently a very nice man came in who is a regular customer and I said the colored man came in and got berated for not saying black man which I personally find offensive but apparently that’s the correct term for a black African. My South American customers call me gringo an Australian friend calls me pomme so can someone please explain what is correct when I just shake everyone’s hand and treat everyone with the same respect? Mr confused from Spain the gringo

5 hours ago, boots60 said:

5 hours ago, Bryn said:

It's the 21st century and homophobia is rife still in football. 

It's the 21st century and homophobia is still rife EVERYWHERE.

It's actually getting worse - cases of homophobic attacks (verbal / physical) are on the rise.

Whist we've still got lesbian women being beaten on buses and in the street in the UK in 2019; we need as many positive LGBT messages spreading via as many platforms as possible.

Edited by lifted*fox
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

:whistle: 

Maybe they’ve just never met the right guy?

I literally don't understand homophobia. I just think that an individual's sexuality is **** all to do with anyone else - such a weird thing to get angry about- the way someone else lives their life. 

You've got to be a seriously sad **** to go to the trouble of trolling about something that doesn't affect your life in the slightest.

Edited by Paddy.
  • Like 1