Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grebfromgrebland

Also In The News

Just now, ealingfox said:

This is insane and terrifying. Imagine downplaying climate change ffs.

Oh, don't worry, this increase in wildfires is either completely coincidental and/or down to arsonists. Nothing to do with climate change at all...

........right?

Australia burns... the PM grabs a young womans hand then runs away. The world is fvcked and no one (in power) is doing anything to change it.

Watch as the goat person calls him a cvnt

Edited by ozleicester
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Oh, don't worry, this increase in wildfires is either completely coincidental and/or down to arsonists. Nothing to do with climate change at all...

........right?

Either that or the IPCC is up to it's old tricks again.

4 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

There's some kind of hideous irony in Australia being in almost complete denial of climate change, whilst their country is on fire. 

our god fearing imbecile of a PM was hosting Rupert Murdoch and watching fireworks as homes were burning to the ground and people were dying.

Thoughts and prayers FVCK OFF TO BURN 

There arent CAPS big enough to express my anger

Edited by ozleicester

6 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Either that or the IPCC is up to it's old tricks again.

Oh yeah, right. All falsified or inaccurate because the leading scientific corps are clearly incompetent or corrupt (because there's evidently a great deal of money in challenging the status quo).

And some people still struggle to understand why I won't bring a child in to this world.

Imagine being 10 years old in 10 years time and starting to become old enough to contemplate how fvcked your future is going to be.

I mean at 28 I'm also relatively fvcked but y'know.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, leicsmac said:

........right?

With all due respect this isn’t the time to be discussing the what caused this and playing politics. The causes of these fires are not as simple as one thing, in this I am not denying climate change as a factor, it certainly is one of the factors. 
When these fires are out, then we can look closely at the cause, what we can learn and what we will do going forward.

Right now, I am waking up to dangerous levels of smoke, we have a State of disaster declared in Victoria for the first time, at least 16 people have died, many more have lost their homes, people are being trapped on beaches with the Navy being called in to help evacuate at levels not seen in peacetime.

We have an area bigger than Denmark currently in fire, with worse conditions to come. 
I have radio and emergency apps updating around the clock, hoping nothing comes into my immediate area. We should be pretty safe where we are, but the air quality and the amount of smoke filling the air, gives you a scary picture of how close we are.

Fires are currently live in every state and territory, with very few people in the country unaffected by either fire itself or the smoke covering the country.

Tomorrow conditions are set to worsen and we are all shitting ourselves for what is about to come. 
The map below gives some idea of where the fires are and how many are biting, most being tackled by unpaid volunteers.

We are all hoping for a large sudden down pour but with nothing on the radar, the police, fire service, Army and Navy working around the clock to help, but they themselves have been fighting for months and are becoming increasingly weary. At present I can’t see an end in sight, and fear the worst is yet to come.

002DD0E9-16E1-42F3-AFEE-5D819762385F.png

11 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

With all due respect this isn’t the time to be discussing the what caused this and playing politics. The causes of these fires are not as simple as one thing, in this I am not denying climate change as a factor, it certainly is one of the factors. 
When these fires are out, then we can look closely at the cause, what we can learn and what we will do going forward.

Right now, I am waking up to dangerous levels of smoke, we have a State of disaster declared in Victoria for the first time, at least 16 people have died, many more have lost their homes, people are being trapped on beaches with the Navy being called in to help evacuate at levels not seen in peacetime.

We have an area bigger than Denmark currently in fire, with worse conditions to come. 
I have radio and emergency apps updating around the clock, hoping nothing comes into my immediate area. We should be pretty safe where we are, but the air quality and the amount of smoke filling the air, gives you a scary picture of how close we are.

Fires are currently live in every state and territory, with very few people in the country unaffected by either fire itself or the smoke covering the country.

Tomorrow conditions are set to worsen and we are all shitting ourselves for what is about to come. 
The map below gives some idea of where the fires are and how many are biting, most being tackled by unpaid volunteers.

We are all hoping for a large sudden down pour but with nothing on the radar, the police, fire service, Army and Navy working around the clock to help, but they themselves have been fighting for months and are becoming increasingly weary. At present I can’t see an end in sight, and fear the worst is yet to come.

Sorry but.. NOW is the time.

As the idiot in charge says.. we are not holding the hoses... we need to discuss REAL plans to start making change

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ozleicester said:

our god fearing imbecile of a PM was hosting Rupert Murdoch and watching fireworks as homes were burning to the ground and people were dying.

Thoughts and prayers FVCK OFF TO BURN 

There arent CAPS big enough to express my anger

This was him back in 2017 I believe. What a cvnt.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

Sorry but.. NOW is the time.

As the idiot in charge says.. we are not holding the hoses... we need to discuss REAL plans to start making change

Now is the time to focus all of our resources on saving lives, not on politics and scoring petty points.

8 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Now is the time to focus all of our resources on saving lives, not on politics and scoring petty points.

Im not talking about point scoring, Im talking about making CHANGE... and we need to start NOW!

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

We're going to Noosa heads & gold coast may/June undeterred . It would be good to have some national parks to still visit, however I'm hoping that the fires and bad international press doesn't damage the traveling & tourism industry too much. The reliance on those industries is huge in some towns. 

59 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Firstly, thanks for the civility of your response. I'm guessing you have a rather more personal stake in this than I so you had every reason to go after me for the sarcasm and seeming flippant comment - thank you for not doing so.

However, as much as preserving lives should be the priority now, it should go hand in hand with at least beginning to learn lessons and hold responsible parties accountable...because too often by the time things are all over people are too tired or apathetic to do those things. And if that happens here, what has happened in Aus will happen again, and that would render the deaths and losses of those people now not only tragic but also pointless.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Barrowblue said:

We're going to Noosa heads & gold coast may/June undeterred . It would be good to have some national parks to still visit, however I'm hoping that the fires and bad international press doesn't damage the traveling & tourism industry too much. The reliance on those industries is huge in some towns. 

Im sure youll be fine there, especially by June, and no need to worry about people visiting, Australians are great for moving forward once things are under control.

1 hour ago, leicsmac said:

Firstly, thanks for the civility of your response. I'm guessing you have a rather more personal stake in this than I so you had every reason to go after me for the sarcasm and seeming flippant comment - thank you for not doing so.

However, as much as preserving lives should be the priority now, it should go hand in hand with at least beginning to learn lessons and hold responsible parties accountable...because too often by the time things are all over people are too tired or apathetic to do those things. And if that happens here, what has happened in Aus will happen again, and that would render the deaths and losses of those people now not only tragic but also pointless.

Thanks for the reply, I wouldn’t go after you as in any other situation it would be me making the sarcastic remarks.

Your point as with @ozleicester is a valid point.

However I feel, the coordination between the government at a federal level needs to be with armed forces, emergency leaders and state leaders ensuring everything and everyone is on the same page.

When we have accounted for life the there does need to be huge policy change on the back of this. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

Im sure youll be fine there, especially by June, and no need to worry about people visiting, Australians are great for moving forward once things are under control.

Thanks, I'm sure I won't encounter any fires in June, but that wasn't really my point. 

'the fires in oz' until today has been headlines for a week here. This has led to friends and family asking weather we are still going or not. Fortunately having been to Oz a few times and having plenty of family and friends there I'm more clued up on the situation than the average tourist & backpacker.

I see a dip in tourism coming due to the media in other countries playing this up big time. If your planning a gap year next year, questions will be asked. Also whilst I appreciate regrowth is quick due to the natural aspects of bushfires, a lot of people will be watching the news and thinking what's the point in going to the national parks to see burnt trees. 

I watched a documentary a while ago and part of it focused on Soleimani. Basically he was a genius when it came to strategy. He predicted everything that was going to happen and has done for years, but stayed out of the spotlight.

He's the main reason the Syrain Government didn't lose. He's one of the big reasons Russia joined the fight against ISIS. 

Many believe he's the main reason why ISIS lost (not us or the USA).

Already read one peice where they say this assassination will have more impact and ramifications than Bin Laden's. He was seen as a hero by many in that part of the world - especially in Iran. Plus, because of the whole Sunni v Shia conflict this will escalate things because the other side cannot let this go unpunished. 

The thing I read about the Australian fires that I couldn't believe is that a lot of the firefighters are unemployed volunteers. They've now had their unemployment benefit stopped as they've not been applying for jobs.

If you have a job: it was only a few days ago that they started compensating people who were volunteering who had taken leave from their job. 

Yet they spent millions on New Years fireworks displays in every major city. 

You start to understand why there's such anger towards the decision makers if that's true.