Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grebfromgrebland

Also In The News

Neil Shipperley perhaps visited the website which lists 7 possible locations for that particular activity:- in the shower, in an aeroplane, outside, in a hotel, in a jacuzzi, in a college library, or with a partner. He chose the third option, but forgot to read the small print about not having other people around at the time. It seems to me that this list is remarkably unimaginative! 

Edited by String fellow

1 hour ago, leicsmac said:

Impeachment articles passed along party lines then, pretty much as expected.

Let's see what transpires in the Senate.

Can’t see anything good coming out of this. Unfortunately Trump seems nailed on for another 4 years at exactly the time we need someone to take the lead against climate change.

8 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Can’t see anything good coming out of this. Unfortunately Trump seems nailed on for another 4 years at exactly the time we need someone to take the lead against climate change.

I'm hearing this a lot,  and there's certainly an element of truth to the siege mentality carrying Trump through after all this and it's highly likely the Senate will not convict him...

... but this is no great revelation, the dems know all this to be true already. So, with that in mind, why go for it in the first place, and why now?

I've asked that question on here and elsewhere and really only got two answers: that there's something that comes up in the trial that will damage him heavily for next year, or that they simply believe in following due process, even if it doesn't end well for them. And I really don't buy that second one.

If anyone has any other suggestions, I'd be happy to hear them.

If voting in the Senate is going to be along party lines, which is what appears will happen, then what an absolute farce that the US can't conduct a fair trial. The guy is being charged with treason and high crimes. If he's cleared after a fair trial then fair enough, but in reality Trump cannot say that if the Senate doesn't convict him then he is fully exonerated.

I get that it has to be hard to remove the democratically elected leader of a country, but this is ridiculous. There doesn't appear to be much integrity in the House or the Senate, from either party.

1 hour ago, ALC Fox said:

If voting in the Senate is going to be along party lines, which is what appears will happen, then what an absolute farce that the US can't conduct a fair trial. The guy is being charged with treason and high crimes. If he's cleared after a fair trial then fair enough, but in reality Trump cannot say that if the Senate doesn't convict him then he is fully exonerated.

I get that it has to be hard to remove the democratically elected leader of a country, but this is ridiculous. There doesn't appear to be much integrity in the House or the Senate, from either party.

The Dems have provided no concrete evidence as to why they have pushed impeachment through. It has been heresay,nothing more and they have moved the goalposts along the way. It won't pass the senate (thankfully) and normal service will resume. Dems have dug themselves a hole and instead of climbing out with some dignity, they have kept digging.

Against the speaker of the houses wishes, the radical left element of the party got what they wanted but the consequences will be another 4 years of trump because they cannot get over the 2016 election result  and "orange man bad" 

29 minutes ago, SlaneyLCFC said:

The Dems have provided no concrete evidence as to why they have pushed impeachment through. It has been heresay,nothing more and they have moved the goalposts along the way. It won't pass the senate (thankfully) and normal service will resume. Dems have dug themselves a hole and instead of climbing out with some dignity, they have kept digging.

Against the speaker of the houses wishes, the radical left element of the party got what they wanted but the consequences will be another 4 years of trump because they cannot get over the 2016 election result  and "orange man bad" 

As above though, if it's that clear cut, why do it and why now? Pelosi didn't have to listen to the "radical left element" now or at any time, she hadn't up to the Ukraine mess in any case.

Is the suggestion here that the mainline dems are somehow incompetent or blind to consequence? Because I don't see how that is true.

Genuinely bemused and baffled at what the Democrats have done here, never learn.

They've been after him ever since he got elected, never accepted the result and now we end up with them impeaching with no chance of conviction and giving him the best line of attack he could wish for just months before the next campaign. Completely bonkers. 

Anyone got a recent example where being seen not to accept a result backfires on you at the ballot box? lol

Edited by MattP

1 hour ago, MattP said:

Genuinely bemused and baffled at what the Democrats have done here, never learn.

They've been after him ever since he got elected, never accepted the result and now we end up with them impeaching with no chance of conviction and giving him the best line of attack he could wish for just months before the next campaign. Completely bonkers. 

Anyone got a recent example where being seen not to accept a result backfires on you at the ballot box? lol

Going to sound like a broken record but again...why, if this course of action is so obviously dreadful, are the Dems taking it and why specifically now, if they could have picked any other time to do so? It's not like the "radical left" (whatever that might mean in a US context) is running the show there and they surely aren't bereft of enough sense to know that this will supply a lot of ammunition for the Trump re-election campaign...so why? I can't be having that they simply don't see it - they're politicians that see thw angles, for goodness sake.

2 hours ago, leicsmac said:

As above though, if it's that clear cut, why do it and why now? Pelosi didn't have to listen to the "radical left element" now or at any time, she hadn't up to the Ukraine mess in any case.

Is the suggestion here that the mainline dems are somehow incompetent or blind to consequence? Because I don't see how that is true.

Internal pressure within the Democratic party and a desperate attempt at trying to swing public opinion in their favour again, as stated above. The Dems are in disarray as a unit and it wouldn't surprise me if there's going to be a split soon, with the more radical elements forming their own party or taking over the Democrats completely, which would result in a hilarious situation for the Republicans and the neutral observer alike.

Too many nutters and plonkers within the fray. No politics to show for, only buzzwords, hearings, the circus that is Impeachment.

The cheque will follow at the ballot box in late 2020.

The vast part of voters in the US are independent, undecided, and with the current trends, they are more likely to vote Republican..

Realistically, what well-founded arguments, facts and evidence do the Democrats have against Trump?

None. The Impeachment Hearings have been nothing but a farce.

Edited by MC Prussian

35 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Internal pressure within the Democratic party and a desperate attempt at trying to swing public opinion in their favour again, as stated above. The Dems are in disarray as a unit and it wouldn't surprise me if there's going to be a split soon, with the more radical elements forming their own party or taking over the Democrats completely, which would result in a hilarious situation for the Republicans and the neutral observer alike.

Too many nutters and plonkers within the fray. No politics to show for, only buzzwords, hearings, the circus that is Impeachment.

The cheque will follow at the ballot box in late 2020.

The vast part of voters in the US are independent, undecided, and with the current trends, they are more likely to vote Republican..

Realistically, what well-founded arguments, facts and evidence do the Democrats have against Trump?

None. The Impeachment Hearings have been nothing but a farce.

Sorry, I don't buy it. There's no reason for the more mainline elements of the Dems to suddenly decide to go suicidal as you describe right now - their situation in 2020 is not nearly so hopeless as to need to do that.

High court says UK's £1,012 child citizenship fee is unlawful

Court finds ‘mass of evidence’ that fee stops many children registering for citizenship

In a landmark judgment the high court has found that the Home Office’s £1,012 child citizenship fee is unlawful.

The court found a “mass of evidence” showing that the fee prevented many children from registering for British citizenship, leaving them feeling “alienated, excluded, ‘second-best’, insecure and not fully assimilated into the culture and social fabric of the UK”.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/dec/19/high-court-says-uks-1012-child-citizenship-fee-is-unlawful?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

3 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Going to sound like a broken record but again...why, if this course of action is so obviously dreadful, are the Dems taking it and why specifically now, if they could have picked any other time to do so? It's not like the "radical left" (whatever that might mean in a US context) is running the show there and they surely aren't bereft of enough sense to know that this will supply a lot of ammunition for the Trump re-election campaign...so why? I can't be having that they simply don't see it - they're politicians that see thw angles, for goodness sake.

To be honest the Democrats seem to get everything wrong these days so this is probably just another example - hence why they've allowed themselves to be infiltrated by radical morons - almost a mirror image of the Labour party over here.

I will be the first to say Trump is the shit stain of America  (my personal view) but he fairly won the election and so it is what it is. Eat it right?

I do think he is unstable and should be removed from office but this is not the way and i truly believe this will just propel him into a YUGE win next November. The dems should have just put forth a good candidate and redeemed themselves that way. They do look like a bunch of angry losers and americans dont like whiney losers. Well done dems, another 4 years of tw@t face on the cards!

Side note, these Republicans are also a sad lot. Hated the guy (we all know it) and now suck his knob as if it shoots out liquid sugar and $100 dollar bills. 

Edited by Jattdogg