Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dahnsouff

CB Targets : Who would YOU choose?

If Harry does leave - who should we replace him with?  

427 members have voted

1. 1. Pick one of the following, or suggest alternative

• Nathan Ake
    • James Tarkowski
    • Lewis Dunk
    • Jamaal Lascelles
    • Jonathan Tah
    • Çağlar Söyüncü
    • Filip Benković
    • No-one
    • Someone else - please specify

7 hours ago, Clarkey123 said:

We’ve surely got to persevere and see how it goes until January otherwise what does it say about our ethos for giving youngsters a chance? And these are ones we’ve spent 35mil on not even from the academy loll

It really is a dilemma, a lot can go wrong by January, or right (sitting on the fence) Wes is old, Evans getting on and injury prone, Benko injury prone and Soyuncu a little reckless, I’ve always been a glass half empty type of person and would sooner we bring in a first choice CB as we should have ££ to spend, Benko and Soyuncu should still get plenty of chances even if we do sign a replacement for Harry.

Everything I see written about Ake by Bournemouth fans on Twitter tells me he really has to be our first choice. Seen a few saying he's the best player they've ever had play for them. Dunk and Tarkowski would probably be cheaper but I'd so much rather us go for him

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Shane said:

Schar linked to AC Milan.

He is defensively better than Maguire and is also comfortable with the ball at his feet. The Swiss Jonny Evans

:thumbup:

This does seem to make sense, wouldn’t cost the earth either. 

54 minutes ago, Goober said:

Everything I see written about Ake by Bournemouth fans on Twitter tells me he really has to be our first choice. Seen a few saying he's the best player they've ever had play for them. Dunk and Tarkowski would probably be cheaper but I'd so much rather us go for him

Ake for me too. Whenever I've seen Bournemouth play he's impressed me. Pretty much holds that defence together by himself. Be good to have a left footed CB too. He is quite short though (like Tarkowski) which means we'd have a serious lack of height across the back four.

33 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

Ake for me too. Whenever I've seen Bournemouth play he's impressed me. Pretty much holds that defence together by himself. Be good to have a left footed CB too. He is quite short though (like Tarkowski) which means we'd have a serious lack of height across the back four.

Has their been any links or news about him and us though or is it just us fans wishful thinking thats making all the noise?

5 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Has their been any links or news about him and us though or is it just us fans wishful thinking thats making all the noise?

Ake was the first name put to BR when he was interviewed last night as one of the rumoured replacements, the other 2 being Tarkowski and Dunk.

13 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

John Percy mentioned that we've been looking at him as a potential replacement for Maguire. He also mentioned Dunk and Tarkowski. He's usually very reliable.

• Thanks 1

Is having an absolute giant at the back really necessary? What massive target men are knocking about these days? 

I’d go Ake from the names linked but I think he’s also be the most expensive. Probably give Soyuncu and Benkovic a chance to prove themselves and reassess in January. 

I think we’ll be solid with Soyuncu and Evans, with Benkovic and Wes as cover. 

Seeing as the media will be desperate for us to sign a big money replacement I think we should either not buy anyone or bring in someone on loan, Dragovic style. 

Then we should buy a promising young CB next summer. 

This has been posted in the Tarkowski thread, but feel it should go in here too. 

Out of the two, I think Ake suits our style and what we want to do better. But we also have Soyuncu and Benkovic in our ranks to consider. I'd rather start with them and recruit later than not giving either a chance to prove themselves 

23 minutes ago, AC660 said:

I’m not advocating you guys signing him, just now anyway, for the reasons posted on the Ajer thread.

However, purely from a financial view point he’s far better value than Dunk or Tarkowski at close to the £50m fees being speculated.