Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dahnsouff

CB Targets : Who would YOU choose?

If Harry does leave - who should we replace him with?  

427 members have voted

1. 1. Pick one of the following, or suggest alternative

• Nathan Ake
    • James Tarkowski
    • Lewis Dunk
    • Jamaal Lascelles
    • Jonathan Tah
    • Çağlar Söyüncü
    • Filip Benković
    • No-one
    • Someone else - please specify

If Harry goes, which I think is becoming more and more likely (Stupid Bailly, ah feck it, Stupid all of Utd sicknote CB's)

Seems Rodgers rates Tarkowski (Sky Sources heard whilst urinating in a public toilet), but who would YOU like?

Ideally for me, it would be Ake.

GO

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

I say yes 

#neverwrongjustdontaskthewife

I just don’t know what is likely and what isn’t. There is playing the long game to save a few million, but when you’re spending north or 80 mil anyway, just getting the deal done should be the priority. I think he will stay. 

I realise this topic has a thread sorry. 

I’d take ake over the names in the frame, but as mentioned above if Tah if we really could just pick a name to get a replacement in. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

If Harry goes, which I think is becoming more and more likely (Stupid Bailly, ah feck it, Stupid all of Utd sicknote CB's)

Seems Rodgers rates Tarkowski (Sky Sources heard whilst urinating in a public toilet), but who would YOU like?

Ideally for me, it would be Ake.

GO

Change it to a poll mate would be interesting to see.

Ake would be my first choice but Bournemouth would, I imagine, demand a huge fee. Christensen from Chelsea would be outrageous and probably unrealistic but we’ve got to aim big, right?

Going abroad could be far more effective so i’d be looking at Tah, Bartra, Savic and Rugani. Again, all ambitious targets but we’re an ambitious club so what’s to lose?

Edited by eddylcfc
Spelling error

I don't get the interest in Lascelles but maybe people have seen more of him than me. I've always seen him in the Morgan mould of centre back rather than a Maguire replacement. Probably be better value abroad (someone with experience rather than another youngster) but there is an element of risk with that and lack of time makes signing someone based here already would be easier. I wouldn't be surprised to see someone like Zouma, maybe Christensen could be an option as he wasn't first choice last year, probably unlikely though. Schar as well might be better value.

• Like 1

Ake would cost us a fortune.

They would have our pants down. They’d know what we have in the bank and ask for the lot and Man City would sit in the wings and drive up the price as he’d be ideal for them as he can cover left back too and they have already shown interest. 

They’d ask for above £50 million.

• Like 1