Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dahnsouff

CB Targets : Who would YOU choose?

If Harry does leave - who should we replace him with?  

427 members have voted

1. 1. Pick one of the following, or suggest alternative

• Nathan Ake
    • James Tarkowski
    • Lewis Dunk
    • Jamaal Lascelles
    • Jonathan Tah
    • Çağlar Söyüncü
    • Filip Benković
    • No-one
    • Someone else - please specify

... Tah- reminds me of Wes with less control. The ball breaks and goes anywhere when he makes a tackle. 

Lascelles - best asset appears to be at set pieces. Confortable on the ball but just adequate at the back. 

Ake- solid enough at the back, good distributor like Harry composed when up the field and great asset at dead balls. 

Still believe Soyuncu can become a top player, if Brendan not convinced I will have to choose Ake. 

2 hours ago, murphy said:

Soyuncu or Benkovic.

His replacement is already here.

:appl:Very good call. We have not even seen Benkovic play for us yet,  but still being over-looked by many ( but hopefully not by BR:fc:)

Edited by mozartfox
  • Like 4

There's just no value to be had in buying from other teams in this division. As others have said, we'll be spending a huge proportion of the Maguire money if we choose to do so - Ake, Tarkowski, Dunk and Lascelles are all good enough players but we'd be paying north of 40m for any of them. I wonder how much we could get Schar for?

I'd really like to see Chaggers or Benkovic make the step up but I'm yet to be fully convinced they can do so immediately. Time is on their side though.

It's a bit of a conundrum really. Ideally, you'd want a ball playing centre back who is great in the air to come straight into the starting lineup for ~30m - they don't exactly go on trees! Someone like Izzo at Torino maybe? But he'd still be a risk.

Its easy to forget Soyuncu is 23 and Benkovic 22; they still have time on their side to improve their positioning etc. The video of Soyuncu above makes him look an absolute beast. Would happily have him in the starting line up. Hope he gets the run out this year. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Foxes04 said:

Anyone else think Tomori from Chelsea could be ideal?

Looked horribly out of his depth at u21 Euros (along with the rest of the defence)

His pace was key in Derby's defence, but he won't be worth what Chelsea will want for him. 

The longer the window goes on, the more I'm leaning toward Benkovic/Soyuncu. However, if there is a remote chance of signing Tah (especially for the quoted release price) then we should 100% be going for it. 

So, to summarise my preference in order would be....

Keep Maguire. 

Sign Tah.

Give Benkovic/ Soyuncu a shot for 6 month. 

I've always thought, since Newcastle got promoted back to the PL, that Lascelles is the best English centre back. I'd go for him definitely. He's much better than Dunk and Tarkowski.

I don't think Maguire will go though.

*If* Harry were to go, and *if* we were to buy a replacement CB, I would be tempted to raid a team recently relegated to championship (as we did signing both Maguire and Evans) and get Alfie Mawson from Fulham.

Truth be told, I'd rather use the funds to strengthen other positions within the squad though.  The asking prices of Maguire and Zaha seem coincidentally similar.