Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Squad numbers 2019/20

2 hours ago, AKCJ said:
  1. Chris Weale
  2. Robbie Nielson
  3. Ryan McGivern
  4. Michael Morrison
  5. Alexandar Tunchev
  6. Wayne Brown
  7. Nobby Solano
  8. Matt Oakley
  9. Steve Howard
  10. Andy King
  11. Lloyd Dyer
  12. Matty Fryatt
  13. Conrad Logan
  14. -
  15. Bruno Berner
  16. Nicky Adams
  17. Dany Nguessan
  18. Martyn Waghorn
  19. Richie Wellens
  20. Luke O'Neill
  21. Ashley Chambers
  22. Yann Kermorgant
  23. DJ Campbell
  24. Paul Gallagher
  25. Jack Hobbs
  26. Astrit Ajdarevic
  27. James Vaughan
  28. -
  29. Chris Powell
  30. Tom Parkes
  31. Carl Pentney
  32. Aman Verma
  33. Alex Bruce
  34. Jay Spearing

That was our squad 10 years ago. We've come a long, long way.

I've just been sick after reading 3.

Just now, TK95 said:

Thought Ricardo might have gone to 2 actually. But otherwise no real surprises there. Shame Kingy has nothing significant but don't know what the alternative is

When he lost number 10, he chose 37 cos its 3 add 7 is 10. I'm sure Ricardo wore 21 for Porto and glad Youri has number 8.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

So considering the PL squad can only contain 25 players, and the current list contains 30, who do we think will miss out (may include being sold/loaned obviously)?

My guess:

Slimani

James

Silva

Diabate

King

James hasn't got a number 

Edit yes he has, I was going on another poster saying he hadn't been given one sorry

Edited by FoxyJim1987

3 hours ago, AKCJ said:
  1. Chris Weale
  2. Robbie Nielson
  3. Ryan McGivern
  4. Michael Morrison
  5. Alexandar Tunchev
  6. Wayne Brown
  7. Nobby Solano
  8. Matt Oakley
  9. Steve Howard
  10. Andy King
  11. Lloyd Dyer
  12. Matty Fryatt
  13. Conrad Logan
  14. -
  15. Bruno Berner
  16. Nicky Adams
  17. Dany Nguessan
  18. Martyn Waghorn
  19. Richie Wellens
  20. Luke O'Neill
  21. Ashley Chambers
  22. Yann Kermorgant
  23. DJ Campbell
  24. Paul Gallagher
  25. Jack Hobbs
  26. Astrit Ajdarevic
  27. James Vaughan
  28. -
  29. Chris Powell
  30. Tom Parkes
  31. Carl Pentney
  32. Aman Verma
  33. Alex Bruce
  34. Jay Spearing

That was our squad 10 years ago. We've come a long, long way.

That’s like looking back at an ex from 10 years ago and realising as good as it was at the time... We're doing so much better now. 

19 minutes ago, pds said:

Also want to know this.

Just been down on way home from work and was told its only on shirts purchased today the robbing bastards. Why oh why was I an idiot and bought my shirt early, yet part time Pete can stroll in today and get free name number and badges. 

1 hour ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

So considering the PL squad can only contain 25 players, and the current list contains 30, who do we think will miss out (may include being sold/loaned obviously)?

My guess:

Slimani

James

Silva

Diabate

King

If I'm right in thinking, Benkovic, Barnes and Choudhury don't need to be assigned in the 25-man list as they are under 21 or were so at the start of the year. 

However, if it goes by age at start of the season, Benkovic would need to be included as he turned 22 in July. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, StanSP said:

If I'm right in thinking, Benkovic, Barnes and Choudhury don't need to be assigned in the 25-man list as they are under 21 or were so at the start of the year. 

However, if it goes by age at start of the season, Benkovic would need to be included as he turned 22 in July. 

It's the calendar year I think? Either way my understanding was that he didn't need to be registered.

54 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Isn't the U21 rule only for British players and/or have trained in an academy for x amount of years or have I completely made that up?

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Isn't the U21 rule only for British players and/or have trained in an academy for x amount of years or have I completely made that up?

That's only for the confusing UEFA squad rules. Under 21 for Premier League is from calendar year the season starts. However, if you are in CL or EL you can also put them on the list if they are "home-grown".

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Nope.

Anyone born in 1997 or earlier has to be registered to the 25 man squad as of this season.

The only notable 'first team' player we have born in 1998 or later is James Justin. All of those three you've named are 1997-born. The other notable names we could put on the U21 list are Pascanu, Leshabela, Ndukwu, Johnson, Dewsbury-Hall etc.

There are 37 players on the club's books who would have to be registered in the 25 man squad to be eligible to play in the Premier League, including Uche, Loft, Moore, Hughes, Knight and Thomas from the U23s.

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

In the Premier League, there are no restrictions on U21 players - the list can be limitless and there are no rules on home-grown eligibility. As long as they are 21 or younger at the start of the next calendar year (i.e. born in 1998 or earlier).

The only home grown regulation is that the club is tied to a maximum of 17 non home-grown players in the 25 man senior squad. When you consider the number of home grown players we will register, we're nowhere near 17.

It works the way you think it does in the Champions League, though - you can only be registered on the U21 list if you've been with an English club for at least 3 years , IIRC.

5 hours ago, StanSP said:

Fair enough, didn't know the details of it. Makes it easier to choose then.