Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Blademan

Amartey

I’d rather keep him. A Swiss Army knife player across a back four. Covers multiple positions in a pinch, and with a physical presence. Regular minutes of any sort would probably do him a world of good.

Edited by UPinCarolina

Underrated IMO. He’s actually got a good first touch. He can pretty much do everything, it’s just whether he does it quite at the level LCFC need him to operate now. He’s a utility player though and they are a rare commodity these days so would be worth a punt if you have to operate with a smaller squad.

• Like 3

He's like an excitable cocker spaniel! Tongue hanging out, bags o' energy. He'll run around in circles all day, jumping energetically up and trying to shag the fook outta' yer leg. Won't let go either as he grinds away! :S

That said i do like him.

• Haha 1

For me, Big Dan is the epitome of a confidence player. When he's confident he's a very, very good player. When his confidence takes a knock he tends to fall to pieces and he can't get anything right. If he could be a bit more resilient then there's a good player in there.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Out Foxed said:

how you start a race affects how you finish, you plonker. 

Not when the race is a marathon. If you sprint the first 400 metres, you may be well ahead, but you are not going to keep that pace up for 26 miles. It's a bit like the hare and tortoisevsyndrome. I remember when Blackpool stormed the first 10 to 15 games, yet were still relegated.

3 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

Not when the race is a marathon. If you sprint the first 400 metres, you may be well ahead, but you are not going to keep that pace up for 26 miles. It's a bit like the hare and tortoisevsyndrome. I remember when Blackpool stormed the first 10 to 15 games, yet were still relegated.

oh now we are defining specific parameters for tired cliches...cool

8 minutes ago, Out Foxed said:

oh now we are defining specific parameters for tired cliches...cool

No, just correcting your assumption. In a race, particularly the longevity of it, it's not always the start that necessarily determines where you finish. Hence, why I gave the Blackpool analogy. Even sprints, Usain Bolt was renowned for his poor starts, but rarely lost.