Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Blademan

Amartey

Half decent utility player for us. Never really convinced enough in any position to hold a place down though. Plays centre half for Ghana but played RB for us last season before injury - where he was okay. Given a run of games in his best position (whatever that is) he may well be prove to be a good player for you though. There may be potential there.

Top guy and a trier. 

31 minutes ago, Goober said:

Half decent utility player for us. Never really convinced enough in any position to hold a place down though. Plays centre half for Ghana but played RB for us last season before injury - where he was okay. Given a run of games in his best position (whatever that is) he may well be prove to be a good player for you though. There may be potential there.

Top guy and a trier. 

Can't add much to this. He isn't bad, he just makes the odd mistake in each position which makes you question whether he'd fit better somewhere else. I think he'll be a good signing for you though.

45 minutes ago, Blademan said:

Just wondering what you guys think of Amartey ? He’s strongly linked with us and just wondering if he would do a job for us. Thanks in advance. Sheffield United fan. 

Yes he could do a job for you. In fact I think for a team that's just come up, he's a great signing. Used to the Premier League, still young, got something to prove. He only really had two sustained runs in the team and got injured in one of them, and paired with Andy King in Champions League football for the other.

Very nice guy as well who will give you everything. He does need to kick on, but going to a team as a nailed-on starter is a great way to do that. We often mentioned it would have been good to loan him out to a promoted Premier League team to help him get game time on these forums.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Blademan said:

Just wondering what you guys think of Amartey ? He’s strongly linked with us and just wondering if he would do a job for us. Thanks in advance. Sheffield United fan. 

To sit on the bench and provide back-up in a few positions, yes. Anything more than that, no. Not technically able enough to play in midfield and his time at RB wasn't characterised by marauding runs and much end product in cutting balls into the box so unlikely he can play that out-of-the-ordinary CB role you guys play 

7 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

To sit on the bench and provide back-up in a few positions, yes. Anything more than that, no. Not technically able enough to play in midfield and his time at RB wasn't characterised by marauding runs and much end product in cutting balls into the box so unlikely he can play that out-of-the-ordinary CB role you guys play 

Interesting. I'd say the complete opposite. I think he could be perfect in that RCB role you guys play. Decent back up for us given his versatility but maybe more game time will make the difference for him.

• Like 1

Physically great. Superb engine, reasonably quick and good in the air. A bit safe on the ball but not necessarily bad. He’ll do a job but not excel at RB and CM, never watched him at CB so don’t know what he’s like there.

Edited by Stadt
  • Like 2

By all accounts his best position is centre back, he captains Ghana from there, but we've never seen him in that position (if we have, it'd have been fleeting). He's had the odd promising performance, including a couple at right back - but whenever he seems to get into a groove injuries knock him.

Unfortunately I can't see a future for him with us, but there's a semi decent player in there and age is on his side. He's a little maligned on here because he's prone to some incredible brain farts, but he's never really played enough to iron them out.

he’s never really had a long run of games so it’s hard to chart the progression from his potential. give him some regular game time and he could really get into a grove. he’ll add a bit of steel to your team... can put a tackle in.

Perfect signing for you guys, I would love it to be only on loan. He will only get better with games played, unfortunately for him the old phrase ‘jack of all trades, master of none’ is very apt.

I think if any of the newly promoted teams took him, kept him fit and played him in the same position week in week out he would improve immensely.

Great work ethic, great engine and a great player to have in your team if you are going to be aiming to stay up.

If it is a permanent deal I’d wish him and you guys all the best, however, a loan would be perfect for us to see how he goes in this league when played week in week out.