Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Raw Dykes

Position Most In Need Of Strengthening

Position Most In Need Of Strengthening  

259 members have voted

1. 1. Which position do you think most urgently needs strengthening before the window closes?

• GK
    • Fullback
    • Centre-half
    • DM
    • Creative CM
    • Winger
    • Striker

With not long to go before the transfer window closes, and a healthy bank balance, how happy are you with the squad?

I think the concensus is that we could maybe do with a CB to replace the departed Maguire, a winger to go straight into the first XI, or a bit of competition for Maddison and Tielemans.

If you could only buy one more player before the season starts, which position would you strengthen?

Said since Harry was going to be sold that given we're getting so much of him, it can help cover the Tielemans & Perez signing and give us a bit extra to spend on a winger.

Whilst I love Albrighton and will always appreciate the 100% effort he puts in as well as his assists and good wing-play, I feel like we need another winger that can play on either side to make us really competitive. Gray I've given up with almost. Barnes I think will push on this season and again it's great we've got another youngster with high potential, but I think we need a winger that can help with the goals even more so. Perez will give us that but he's not an out-and-out winger which is where I think we lack sometimes (it was seen yesterday too).

Chilwell & Pereira get forward well but think we need a game-changing talent in the winger area and not rely on a full-back all the time, as much as I love their attacking play.

Winger is a priority for me.

• Like 2

Winger first and foremost.

People have fears about the CH position which I can understand, but I don't see the point of having Soy and Benkovic on the bench and buy another defender. If it costs us the 6th place (which is still for me a stretch, even if Maguire stayed) then so be it. Are we going to nurture them their whole career? Time for them to swim or sink. 

Edited by That_Dude
  • Like 1

I don't think we desperately need any area improving. We have enough CMs, wingers and CBs on our books. Too many are mediocre, but Benko, Soyuncu, Gray, Barnes, Siva, Mendy, maybe even Ghezzal would be exciting if new signings. We just need to actually play/improve them.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sdb said:

I don't think we desperately need any area improving. We have enough CMs, wingers and CBs on our books. Too many are mediocre, but Benko, Soyuncu, Gray, Barnes, Siva, Mendy, maybe even Ghezzal would be exciting if new signings. We just need to actually play/improve them.

Put the bong down.

6 minutes ago, LinekersApples said:

Direct fast winger. 

Everything that DG should be, but isn’t. 

Not gonna spam you for names, but I assume we'll either be going for a direct, fast winger such as a Fraser or be in for a winger to cut in off the right flank?

How do we think Fraser would fair here? Wilson and King for Bournemouth are a bit taller than us up top so the crosses he put in for them may not be as effective for us.

12 minutes ago, LinekersApples said:

He is very good. Very fast and direct. 

Every time I see you comment on a player I instantly think we may be interested lol 

for me put a £70m bid in for Ake (£40m) & Fraser (£30m) personally think a club like Bournemouth May struggle to reject that type of money.