Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Raw Dykes

Position Most In Need Of Strengthening

Position Most In Need Of Strengthening  

259 members have voted

1. 1. Which position do you think most urgently needs strengthening before the window closes?

• GK
    • Fullback
    • Centre-half
    • DM
    • Creative CM
    • Winger
    • Striker

2 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Every time I see you comment on a player I instantly think we may be interested lol 

for me put a £70m bid in for Ake (£40m) & Fraser (£30m) personally think a club like Bournemouth May struggle to reject that type of money.

Fully understand your point, but find it a bit disrespectful to Bournemouth. They're an established prem team now. 

But, I think those prices are around the right ball park, maybe more for Fraser after the year he had, but contract situation as well. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Fully understand your point, but find it a bit disrespectful to Bournemouth. They're an established prem team now. 

But, I think those prices are around the right ball park, maybe more for Fraser after the year he had, but contract situation as well. 

Final year of contract = available and at lower price. Still a high price, but who isn’t nowadays? 

29 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

I had a feeling someone would say this, wasn’t intended as a dig to Bournemouth at all. However, regardless of them being a established prem side, they still have a strict budget to work on. 

Although I don't think the club share our enthusiasm about getting in a winger, I've been looking at the figures again.

We're probably at about a £5-10m net profit in terms of raw fees in this window. You'd like to think the club would've sanctioned the 3 transfers we've made, plus a midfielder for ~£20m even if Maguire stayed.

So I reckon we might have about £90-100m to play with here. The club would surely not go over the £40m Tielemans figure for a CB, so that gives us what, at least £50-60m to play with?

That isn't going to be the cost of a Praet or McGregor type midfielder. You could easily have £30-35m to chuck at a winger. I know the club don't necessarily have to spend it this summer, but I don't doubt they'll make the money available as they always do. If you're Brendan and the staff, you've got to say 'where can we upgrade this team with £35m?'.

The only obvious place is on the flanks.

56 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

I had a feeling someone would say this, wasn’t intended as a dig to Bournemouth at all. However, regardless of them being a established prem side, they still have a strict budget to work on. 

Wasnt wanting to sound like a twat, Just wanted to raise the point given we were pissed with how United fans were talking of us giving them Maguire.

But your points are correct, £40m for Ake and £30m for Fraser in his final year wouldn't be a bad offer at all. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

for me put a £70m bid in for Ake (£40m) & Fraser (£30m) personally think a club like Bournemouth May struggle to reject that type of money.

This type of thinking is outdated ... the financial difference between staying up and finishing high in the Championship is now bumping up into nine figures.  If there's no availability of suitable replacements late in the window, accepting that type of deal could be a loss of money within nine months, and a huge one in years to come.

There's a cushion between Bournemouth and the drop zone.  But if they sold two of their best players, it could be gone.  Even one last year of Fraser may be worth more than £30m to them. 

3 hours ago, KingsX said:

This type of thinking is outdated ... the financial difference between staying up and finishing high in the Championship is now bumping up into nine figures.  If there's no availability of suitable replacements late in the window, accepting that type of deal could be a loss of money within nine months, and a huge one in years to come.

There's a cushion between Bournemouth and the drop zone.  But if they sold two of their best players, it could be gone.  Even one last year of Fraser may be worth more than £30m to them. 

I personally feel that for starters £70m gives them more than enough to sign replacements & secondly there squad even without Fraser & Ake is good enough still to stay up. 

I find it pretty incredible that we've just sold a centre half for eighty five million and yet we nearly all agree that it's a winger.

I'm one of them also. I think a failure to bring in a difference making winger will make 7th our absolute ceiling - which is still good, but you feel like it's an opportunity blown.

It is not a simple as one position for me. Arguably our current squad is not much of an improvement on the one that finished last season (I am including Tielemans in that as he was here). We've lost our best centre half and have added only a reserve right back and Perez. We're 3 or 4 quality players short of a top 6 finish. Not only a winger but a decent plan B in the striker role, Another attacking central midfielder and in all likelihood a new centre half.