Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox85

Kristoffer Ajer

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

@henrik_62 any insight regarding Ajer?

Sure. He’s a fine young player and still got tons of improvement in him whilst already being a very accomplished player. 

Whether he’s ready to step in and replace someone like Maguire and play most weeks in the EPL I’m not so sure. I think he’ll defo be good enough in time but as for right now I don’t think so. He’s only been a CB for the last couple of years, Rodgers converted him from a midfielder and he’s been a revelation although there’s still a bit of naivety there at times as he’s only 21 and still learning the position.

He’s exactly the type of player Rodgers likes as similar to Maguire one of his biggest strengths is carrying the ball out from the back and initiating attacks. He also has the heart of a lion and despite being so young is a natural leader.

I’d be loathed to lose him right now as he’s a very important player for us and at only 21 has got tons of improvement in him and he’d be best placed to keep developing with another couple of years playing every week for us. If he even half fulfils his potential though he’ll move on from us for big money in a couple of years though. AC Milan have already been linked with him in this window.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sly said:

I’d suggest it’s a lazy link to us, like McGregor and Tierney previously.

I wouldn’t be so sure, Rodgers loved him and along with McGregor he was very much a pet project for him.

I’d be surprised to see it happen this season but in the next season or two I can definitely see Rodgers being interested in him.

7 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Neil Lennon was talking more like 20mil. My guess is that's what its going to take if we want him in this window this late in the game especially with cough...cough Maguire.

Peter Lawwell will definately want to take a stance behind us....especially after Van Dijk.

2 hours ago, Jaspa said:

FM Wonderkid is about all I know

Inexperienced at this level and another young'un when we already have Benky & Cags. So for that reason I think it's unlikely, even if he develops into a great player in the longer term I think we're now after another experienced head - hence the Tarkowski & Dunk rumours; though I would still prefer Ake or Lascelles to either of them. But I got Maguire massively wrong originally when we were linked with him, I thought he was too slow & stupid and would get us in danger too often with his occasional rampage up the pitch.

Yea Tarky and Dunkster or Lasky and Akster would be a good mix with Benky and Cags. We need some prem experience to support Morgs and Evo now Maggsy is on his way

Just now, henrik_62 said:

Benkovic at the moment is the far better player imo and more ready to play EPL football right now. In the long term though it’s hard to tell who would be better.

In other circumstances, i.e. had you not spent circa £25m on two young CB’s last summer then I think just now Ajer would be a worthwhile signing, particularly next to someone really experienced at EPL large like Evans. However, with Soyuncu and Benkovic already on the books I couldn’t see the immediate logic in it.

I don't see any at all. No disrespect for the player, I've sure he's greatly talented and I've never seen him play.

But having spent what we have on Soyuncu and Benkovic, there is little logic in buying another player in almost an identical situation.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

I don't see any at all. No disrespect for the player, I've sure he's greatly talented and I've never seen him play.

But having spent what we have on Soyuncu and Benkovic, there is little logic in buying another player in almost an identical situation.

Most definitely, totally agree. 

Situation may may be different in a couple of years or whatever.

1 minute ago, henrik_62 said:

Benkovic at the moment is the far better player imo and more ready to play EPL football right now. In the long term though it’s hard to tell who would be better.

In other circumstances, i.e. had you not spent circa £25m on two young CB’s last summer then I think just now Ajer would be a worthwhile signing, particularly next to someone really experienced at EPL large like Evans. However, with Soyuncu and Benkovic already on the books I couldn’t see the immediate logic in it.

We nearly sent a search party out for you!

Have you been away with your pals, hiking up Ben Lomond?

?

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

In other circumstances, i.e. had you not spent circa £25m on two young CB’s last summer then I think just now Ajer would be a worthwhile signing, particularly next to someone really experienced at EPL level like Evans. However, with Soyuncu and Benkovic already on the books I couldn’t see the immediate logic in it.

For what it’s worth, if you were to replace Maguire I’d look outwith the EPL, in Evans and Morgan you already have tons of EPL experience there. Going for someone like Dunk or Tarkowski your going to get someone inferior to Maguire and by the time you give Hill they’re cut not have much change left. Better thinking outside the box and bringing in someone from the continent imo, like Tah or such like if he was attainable.

Totally agree about Dunk and Tarkowski but many on here seem hell bent on us spunking £40m+ on Dunk. If we are going to be getting a prem cb, We should get Lascelles or Ake otherwise we should look abroad. We are going to get bent over by any English club after we got £80m for Maguire. 

• Like 2

Reading Celtic Chat, it would be a backwards move for him.  Staying in the tough SPL with Team whose Reserves are bigger than Leicester is apparently, much better for his development.  That St Johnstone Team are massive.

11 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

:appl:

2 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

Yes ! Quality £20m and would be worth £60m in 12 months time ! He is very good 

Yes agree. 

Strange how people don't think longer than their ? nose. Right? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AC660 said:

Yes agree. 

Strange how people don't think longer than their ? nose. Right? 

None of them watch Scottish football and they all slag it off yes some amazing talents have come from Celtic in recent years and this lad is the next one 6 foot 5 , quick , clever , brave and talented , gerrimin 

• Like 1