Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox85

Kristoffer Ajer

FM Wonderkid is about all I know

Inexperienced at this level and another young'un when we already have Benky & Cags. So for that reason I think it's unlikely, even if he develops into a great player in the longer term I think we're now after another experienced head - hence the Tarkowski & Dunk rumours; though I would still prefer Ake or Lascelles to either of them. But I got Maguire massively wrong originally when we were linked with him, I thought he was too slow & stupid and would get us in danger too often with his occasional rampage up the pitch.

At this point I'd be surprised if its not just lazy journalism. 

They think we want to replace Maguire and he's Celtic. I reckon if we replace Maguire, given we have two kids already, it'll be Dunk or the like, someone with a track record at this level. 

Be surprised if we risk Ajer. 

It sounds like idle speculation, and I don't know anywhere near enough about him - nor Benkovic and Soyuncu, actually - to know whether he's the right move. However I thought we'd look at a more experienced ready-to-go sort of signing as a replacement. I'm not sure we need another 'one for the future'.

I'd take him in a freakin heartbeat. Awesome to watch his progression from midfielder to a centerback. Brendan came to Celtic and basically said to him that if he wanted to progress to a higher level he'd have to drop back to CB. Spent a half season at Kilmarnock learning the trade and came back to Celtic.

Getting limited game time and improving more and more with every appearance. Think he's been a starter for the least a year and a half.

If Brendan wants him then he's good enough. Rodgers should know he's basically coached him from scratch. Aggressive and excellent with the ball at his feet.

This is another for the pipeline. Where you were last year with Benkovic and Soyuncu. They could have stepped up here and there in a pinch.

If true this is perfect. Put the cash to buying more Goals. Crazy that I was thinking about Kristoffer Ajer last night going thru Celtic's website.

Interested to see what @henrik_62 has to say.

5 minutes ago, cal21212121 said:

How many more times do we have to tag the poor bloke!? 

He'll certainly know that somethings up....:) Besides its a sign of respect.

Edited by SO1