Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UpTheLeagueFox

Ayoze Perez Interview with talkSPORT

13 minutes ago, walkerleeds said:

Like trying to listen to a Claude Puel interview

Perez speaks better, clearer English than Puel and is 100% more interesting. Apart from that, it's identical lol

9 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Ayoze Perez interview with GeoffPETERS. 

Still amazes me I get paid to do this #luckyGEOFF

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Perez speaks better, clearer English than Puel and is 100% more interesting. Apart from that, it's identical lol

Perhaps he was referring to the interviewer rather than the interviewee? 😉

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Do players get briefed prior to coming for interviews, and that a lot seem to say the same sort of things in interviews?

They get briefed on occasions, especially if there's a controversial topic doing the rounds, but I think they generally trust the players not to say anything too ridiculous.

• Thanks 1

Just now, UpTheLeagueFox said:

They get briefed on occasions, especially if there's a controversial topic doing the rounds, but I think they generally trust the players not to say anything too ridiculous.

Talking of controversial topics; we've seen in press conferences that managers refuse to answer certain questions, is that similar here where you're told to stay clear of certain questions?

Apologies if these appear as basic questions, just trying to get a grasp of the intricacies alongside interviews. 

Guest Cujek
7 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Talking of controversial topics; we've seen in press conferences that managers refuse to answer certain questions, is that similar here where you're told to stay clear of certain questions?

Apologies if these appear as basic questions, just trying to get a grasp of the intricacies alongside interviews. 

My brother in law played rugby union at a top level and when he was interviewed pitch side he was told what to say more or less.

they give you a list of generic answers to use, the questions were vetted as well before being asked.

for arranged interviews, all questions and answers were more or less given before the interview and there would be someone there to break it up if things got to silly.

the journos also want to be allowed access to the players and the players on most occasion, dont want to say anything daft.

this is why most interviews are generic and you can guess the answers / questions.

its not like Geoff is going to say, so what made you sign for Leicester, and Perez is going to say they offered me the most money.

he is going to say something generic like its a great club with a lot of history and i was impressed with the facilities,the manager really impressed me with his attitude and they have a great set of fans.

its all a bit predictable.

59 minutes ago, Cujek said:

My brother in law played rugby union at a top level and when he was interviewed pitch side he was told what to say more or less.

they give you a list of generic answers to use, the questions were vetted as well before being asked.

for arranged interviews, all questions and answers were more or less given before the interview and there would be someone there to break it up if things got to silly.

the journos also want to be allowed access to the players and the players on most occasion, dont want to say anything daft.

this is why most interviews are generic and you can guess the answers / questions.

its not like Geoff is going to say, so what made you sign for Leicester, and Perez is going to say they offered me the most money.

he is going to say something generic like its a great club with a lot of history and i was impressed with the facilities,the manager really impressed me with his attitude and they have a great set of fans.

its all a bit predictable.

Interviewer: How are you today?

Player: C

Interviewer: What do you feel you can bring to Leicester City?

Player: A

Interviewer: How do you see yourself working with Brendan Rodgers?

Player: C

Interviewer: And what attracted you to Leicester City?

Player : B... no C!

5 hours ago, Beechey said:

It is uncanny

image.thumb.png.fa620ec1feb0ed47a83aa265e108aebb.png

Thanks, that image will not be erased from my mind for a while..

Fair play to him for making such a life decision; he was decent presenting the original Crystal Maze series.