Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Stadium Expansion...?

7 minutes ago, sdb said:

I do agree to an extent, but I drive 110 miles each game. The occasional midweek cup game just has to be excused for me, especially with another late one just 5 days later. Personally I do think the pricing was a touch ott. Easy sell out at £10-15  i reckon 

Definitely not judging anyone here - especially not the good folk travelling from far and wide to see us. I just remain to be convinced that we're ready for the expansion and am worried about seeing 10,000 plus empty seats each week.

If you lived close by you presumably would go to the game though even at £20? So while I understand your situation entirely. I don't think its the ticket price thats to blame personally.

50 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

It is now ‘televised’ on Facebook of all places. And it finally went on general sale today. 

Just because we can’t sell out one game means we should stop expansion. I’ve said it before I’d rather the ability to host a crowd of 40,000 than not 

Glad it's on somewhere. Thought that might have been put paid to by the betting related arguments over the 3rd round.

24 minutes ago, Yes said:

Some attendances from comparable Premier League clubs against lower league opposition from previous rounds.

Leicester 30,330

Brighton 20,349

Southampton 20,091

Crystal Palace (also expanding) 15,507

Sheffield United 11,133
Burnley 8,043

First point. They were previous rounds. 

Second point. None are third in the prem.

Third and (perhaps) most important point - none were in local derbies.

Getting 30,000 was a decent effort undoubtedly for the 3rd round reserves.

18 minutes ago, shanetko said:

First point. They were previous rounds. 

Second point. None are third in the prem.

Third and (perhaps) most important point - none were in local derbies.

Getting 30,000 was a decent effort undoubtedly for the 3rd round reserves.

Point is you’ve got Sheffield United having the season of their lives managing 11k but admittedly against non league so some excuse there, Palace who as far as I know are looking to expand managing 15k, our figures for a midweek game will be better than that. Although that should be expected being a later round to be fair.

You say local derby but there’s no particular history with Birmingham, if it was Cov like most of us wanted then I’d be disappointed but it’s not.

Just don’t see it as a reason for not expanding and if anything we get good numbers in the cup, considering the circumstances this round included. 

Edited by Yes

1 hour ago, shanetko said:

Judging by the fact we still have 5,000 tickets left to sell 2 days before a last 16 cup match, I’m yet to be convinced we’re ready for expansion.

People are using the cost as an excuse for our fan base. It’s £20/25. We were selling Championship tickets for more than that seven years ago. It’s a local derby and it’s not even televised. 

A lot of the home games go quite late and some don’t 100% sell out in full.

Does expansion just suit a few fans who wanna watch us against Liverpool, Man Utd etc but aren’t interested in likes of Burnley and Watford?

A lot can be sold still in the next 36 hours or so. Birmingham are bringing 5k so 27k  is still quite good for a midweek cup game IMO. Man City are the reigning champions of England but they still couldn’t tempt more than 15k to a midweek league game. 

5 minutes ago, Yes said:

Point is you’ve got Sheffield United having the season of their lives managing 11k but admittedly against non league so some excuse there, Palace who as far as I know are looking to expand managing 15k, our figures for a midweek game will be better than that. Although that should be expected being a later round to be fair.

You say local derby but there’s no particular history with Birmingham, if it was Cov like most of us wanted then I’d be disappointed but it’s not.

Just don’t see it as a reason for not expanding and if anything we get good numbers in the cup, considering the circumstances this round included. 

1 minute ago, urban.spaceman said:

A lot can be sold still in the next 36 hours or so. Birmingham are bringing 5k so 27k  is still quite good for a midweek cup game IMO. Man City are the reigning champions of England but they still couldn’t tempt more than 15k to a midweek league game. 

Fair play lads. Not trying to put a dampener on things. I just really dont wanna see us with 10k empty seats every week like Sunderland. This cup game isn't the sole reason I'm concerned of course. It's as much the games like Villa/other lower end teams.

I know we'd sell 40k for Man U/Liverpool/Man C etc right now.

5 minutes ago, shanetko said:

Fair play lads. Not trying to put a dampener on things. I just really dont wanna see us with 10k empty seats every week like Sunderland. This cup game isn't the sole reason I'm concerned of course. It's as much the games like Villa/other lower end teams.

Fair enough to have those concerns. I think as Claudio used to say “zlowly zlowly”...

The fanbase is already growing and will continue to do so the bigger we get. If the expansion opens in a couple of years and we’ve had a couple of seasons of Europe, there’s no doubt we can fill 40k

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, shanetko said:

You mean the lower teams like Burnley???? We actually sell all the tickets they don't sell so something like 2000 so the demand is there!!!!!

2 hours ago, shanetko said:

Judging by the fact we still have 5,000 tickets left to sell 2 days before a last 16 cup match, I’m yet to be convinced we’re ready for expansion.

People are using the cost as an excuse for our fan base. It’s £20/25. We were selling Championship tickets for more than that seven years ago. It’s a local derby and it’s not even televised. 

Does expansion just suit a few fans who wanna watch us against Liverpool, Man Utd etc but aren’t interested in likes of Burnley and Watford?

Hey someone made posts like this pre Wigan game😎

• Like 4

I am a member who wants a season ticket but I am not going to this cup match. I have friends who want to come with me to matches, but so many matches are selling out before going on general sale. I would be going if I trusted CrossCountry trains to get me, the usual group of west travelling Leicester fans, plus all those Birmingham fans back home before the last train of the day, but I really don't. 

• Like 1

Just looked on the LCFC website and we only have 122 tickets left available.

4 minutes ago, Beechey said:

Just looked on the LCFC website and we only have 122 tickets left available.

Add another 1800 and you’re about there 

9 minutes ago, Bert said:

Add another 1800 and you’re about there 

Unless they've not listed some sections, no. Reservations?

Scratch it, I'm stupid.

Wrong game. :whistle:

Edited by Beechey

10 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Man U, Man City, Spurs would all sell out. Then you have first games of the season, last games of the season, Christmas and new year games all popular games with big demand. So that’s already potentially 10 of the 18 games we play likely sell out.

Stop comparing cup games to league games ffs.  

Nobody expects to sell out every game, it’s about having room to grow. If you were going to sell out every game after adding 10,000 then you might as well add 18,000 otherwise there is no room to grow.

And if Forest and Leeds come up and replace Bournemouth and Brighton there’s another 2 sell out games.

1 hour ago, rachhere said:

I am a member who wants a season ticket but I am not going to this cup match. I have friends who want to come with me to matches, but so many matches are selling out before going on general sale. I would be going if I trusted CrossCountry trains to get me, the usual group of west travelling Leicester fans, plus all those Birmingham fans back home before the last train of the day, but I really don't. 

Always gets me how they can have a train between 2 major cities like Leicester and Brum and its just 2 locomotive carriages coupled together. If you are defining a "train" as a number of carriages coupled together, then its literally the smallest combination they could use before you couldn't honestly even say it's a train anymore lol

• Like 3