Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Stadium Expansion...?

13 minutes ago, Vestan Pance said:

Is it usual for a company to spend that sort of money without the firm knowledge it will go ahead? or would it be safe to assume this will all be looked on favourably be LCC and planning committees etc?

I don't know anything about how these things work

Yes, the fees are fairly consistent for the contractors to be project managing under those monies. 

The planners will have had in depth informal discussions on the whole redevelopment so its safe to assume that their recommendations are in the bag. I wouldn't imagine a whole lot of objections anyway aside from highways improvements.

My gut feeling is that it's not only a dead cert but that if it is submitted for planning in april, then a realistic start on the redevelopment as a whole is likely to begin at the end of summer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 04/03/2020 at 13:11, UHDrive said:

Architects rule of thumb is that if they manage all other consultants, that they will take 4% in fees for project managing the project itself at construction value from pre planning to completion.

That tells me that they've pretty much completed the detailing side of construction let alone the planning side. To hear that figure from someone who works in architecture myself is insane. This tells me that the entire redevelopment is roughly 99% completed design wise, and 75% completed technical detailing wise.

Are you talking about the Architects being Lead Consultant or actually Project Managing? And since when is that a rule of thumb for architect's fees?

I doubt the Architects are project managing the job, City must have got a project manager involved on this to oversee it. 

• Like 1

Just now, ajthefox said:

Are you talking about the Architects being Lead Consultant or actually Project Managing? And since when is that a rule of thumb for architect's fees?

I doubt the Architects are project managing the job, City must have got a project manager involved on this to oversee it. 

Example: Rule of thumb is that if an architects/contractors firms take a project with a client instruction that they deal with planning/technical submissions and sign offs and coordinate all consultants, on site management and cdm's etc. I've worked on many bespoke projects Inc the M40 services which worked out roughly to a 4.5m fee for the company I worked for.

2 hours ago, sylofox said:

As long as it's not April 1st if it is the plans have already been leaked out.

Was told last night that both the east stand and the north stand pylons have been tested ready for expansion.

although the north stand will be developed as and when needed.

like i say i was told April is when announcements should happen

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Bristol fox .... said:

Was told last night that both the east stand and the north stand pylons have been tested ready for expansion.

Thats fantastic news! It would make sense to do both stands together. Design wise it would look odd not to merge them together as one. The alternative would be one stand alone stand. You'd lose the stadium acoustics and visualisation inside the stadia if that happened and I've always thought from the beginning that with the cash + cost outlay we've put down then it must be both stands to some degree especially when we're looking at the ground to hold future major sporting events and so on. Just my opinion.. 

2 hours ago, Fox in the North said:

2 stands at the same time would surely take capacity closer to 45,000/47,000 instead of the rumoured 42,000 number for the East stadium expansion?

That sounds fantastic!I do agree it would be better to do both stands at once,

but can understand if the club waits to do the north stand.

still very exciting times ahead for this great football club!:clap:

3 hours ago, Bristol fox .... said:

Yes but who told you?

5 hours ago, Fox in the North said:

2 stands at the same time would surely take capacity closer to 45,000/47,000 instead of the rumoured 42,000 number for the East stadium expansion?

I think you're right. Pretty sure it'll be just the east stand first. If we're still selling out after that, then I guess we'll be expanding the north stand.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, purpleronnie said:

Like Bristolfox stated, looks like the east stand first then north stand possibly in the future.

1 minute ago, Raw Dykes said:

I think you're right. Pretty sure it'll be just the east stand first. If we're still selling out after that, then I guess we'll be expanding the north stand.

Yeah I may have read Bristolfox’s post too quickly and gotten over excited at the thought of 2 stands being expanded at the same time :sweating:

3 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

Yeah I may have read Bristolfox’s post too quickly and gotten over excited at the thought of 2 stands being expanded at the same time :sweating:

Fox in the North Stand

5 hours ago, Bristol fox .... said:

I was told that work would begin near enough as soon as the training ground is finished not sure about the schedule of works and wether the hotel and indoor arena will be built first 

Still no news on the future of the waste land site where Filbert Street used to be?

It'd be great if it was to be potentially used as a fans' market in the future.

The area has been in a sorry state for well over a decade, now.

Just now, Wymsey said:

Still no news on the future of the waste land site where Filbert Street used to be?

Nah it’s going to be more flats. 

1 minute ago, Wymsey said:

Sadly as said above it’s going to be flats 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/leicester-news/update-plans-30m-flats-complex-3609375.amp 

3 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Nah it’s going to be more flats. 

2 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

Thanks.

It's much needed, as there's really a lack of such buildings in the city..:rolleyes:

26 minutes ago, kyleolly said:

I was told that work would begin near enough as soon as the training ground is finished 

Not a chance of this happening as the plans have not even been submitted yet.

We would be very lucky to start anything this year let alone in the summer.

Edited by sylofox
Typo

28 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Thanks.

It's much needed, as there's really a lack of such buildings in the city..:rolleyes:

They're ugly flats but there's a housing shortage and it's currently a wasteland in one of the fastest growing cities in the country.

9 minutes ago, Stadt said:

They're ugly flats but there's a housing shortage and it's currently a wasteland in one of the fastest growing cities in the country.

Pretty incredible that despite the growth we still have some of the worst new builds you're likely to see.  When it comes to planning we seem stuck in the 80's/90's. If any City needs a more modern approach and dare I even say even gentrifying its Leicester.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, purpleronnie said:

Pretty incredible that despite the growth we still have some of the worst new builds you're likely to see.  When it comes to planning we seem stuck in the 80's/90's. If any City needs a more modern approach and dare I even say even gentrifying its Leicester.

Oh yeah awful, we're about 15 years behind design wise. I'm surprised the Wullcomb on Vaughan way wasn't worse tbh

1 hour ago, Raw Dykes said:

I think they'll do both stands but what capacity split Its hard to say. Someone apparently itk posted on this thread ages ago that 45'000 would be the figure so I'd expect that to be honest. Given the redevelopment as a whole from a build point it wouldn't make sense to leave the north stand as a potential in the future when they can wrap it up in one go.