Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Stadium Expansion...?

2 minutes ago, Angus Scott said:

Just think that both Tottenham & West Ham had average gates only slightly higher than ours are at present.

They both move to new stadiums & get around 25000 extra fans.

I'm sure we will have no problem filling a 40-45000 capacity 

London does have a much bigger population than Leicester though. I'm not saying we can't, just making that point, it's not really a like for like comparison.

Guest bss9401
5 minutes ago, Toddybad said:

London does have a much bigger population than Leicester though. I'm not saying we can't, just making that point, it's not really a like for like comparison.

Leicestershire has a population of around 1m and we had 25000 for the 2016 celebration day so I think that it is a reasonable point.

6 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Leicester City's catchment area is 3/4 million so 40000 is about right , perhaps won't fill it every match but if we become a fixture in the top six , most matches will be at capacity.

Where’s 3/4 million come from, outside Leicestershire? We’ve got good potential in Leicestershire alone, but we could benefit long term from other local clubs not even being in the Premier League.

Guest bss9401
35 minutes ago, Angus Scott said:

I think you missed a 0 off

I lost count at 25000 from up my tree :P

Guest Markyblue

Mercury reporting city have spent over 2.6 million drawing up plans for the kp expansion. Its coming.😀

Guest An Sionnach
11 hours ago, Yes said:

Where’s 3/4 million come from, outside Leicestershire? We’ve got good potential in Leicestershire alone, but we could benefit long term from other local clubs not even being in the Premier League.

Population of Leicestershire is 700,000 and most of Rugby support us from my experience .Of course. a lot of our fans travel much further.

13 hours ago, Angus Scott said:

Just think that both Tottenham & West Ham had average gates only slightly higher than ours are at present.

They both move to new stadiums & get around 25000 extra fans.

I'm sure we will have no problem filling a 40-45000 capacity 

Uh, they're in London my man. Somewhat different rules. 

If literally nothing else, they'll get countless neutrals and tourists in there most weeks that we won't. 

2 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Bloody hell 2.6 mill on drawings, I could have saved them 1.6mil if they’d have called.

FB5E1B82-5483-4FB5-B3D2-BF59696EE28A.jpeg

Didn't  @urban.spaceman throw together a couple of 3D CAD drawings of what an extension could look like a while back? It looked slightly more impressive than your attempt @Aus Fox but i applaud the effort nonetheless lol

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, TiffToff88 said:

Didn't  @urban.spaceman throw together a couple of 3D CAD drawings of what an extension could look like a while back? It looked slightly more impressive than your attempt @Aus Fox but i applaud the effort nonetheless lol

Not me Guv. You're thinking of @Babylon's drawings from a few threads ago.

5 hours ago, Markyblue said:

Mercury reporting city have spent over 2.6 million drawing up plans for the kp expansion. Its coming.😀

Architects rule of thumb is that if they manage all other consultants, that they will take 4% in fees for project managing the project itself at construction value from pre planning to completion.

That tells me that they've pretty much completed the detailing side of construction let alone the planning side. To hear that figure from someone who works in architecture myself is insane. This tells me that the entire redevelopment is roughly 99% completed design wise, and 75% completed technical detailing wise.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Not me Guv. You're thinking of @Babylon's drawings from a few threads ago.

My mistake. I was thinking that you drew something up a couple of years back, because i thought i knew who you are out in the real world, i guess you're not who i thought you were lol

16 minutes ago, TiffToff88 said:

My mistake. I was thinking that you drew something up a couple of years back, because i thought i knew who you are out in the real world, i guess you're not who i thought you were lol

Fraid not. I'm more autistic than artistic truth be told.

On 04/03/2020 at 10:20, Aus Fox said:

Bloody hell 2.6 mill on drawings, I could have saved them 1.6mil if they’d have called.

FB5E1B82-5483-4FB5-B3D2-BF59696EE28A.jpeg

4 hours ago, Bristol fox .... said:

From what im hearing April is when all will be revealed :thumbup:

As long as it's not April 1st if it is the plans have already been leaked out.

On 03/03/2020 at 19:41, Toddybad said:

Leicestershire has a 1 million population and one club….

London has many many clubs!

its probably not as unreasonable as you might first think…

EDIT: didn’t read the rest of the thread before responding 

move along everyone please!

Edited by Wolfox

On 04/03/2020 at 13:11, UHDrive said:

Architects rule of thumb is that if they manage all other consultants, that they will take 4% in fees for project managing the project itself at construction value from pre planning to completion.

That tells me that they've pretty much completed the detailing side of construction let alone the planning side. To hear that figure from someone who works in architecture myself is insane. This tells me that the entire redevelopment is roughly 99% completed design wise, and 75% completed technical detailing wise.

Is it usual for a company to spend that sort of money without the firm knowledge it will go ahead? or would it be safe to assume this will all be looked on favourably be LCC and planning committees etc?

I don't know anything about how these things work