Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
That_Dude

Ayoze Pérez

I'm completely biased in favour of Ayoze because I loved him even before he was a Leicester player (absolutely no reason just one of them that you take a shine to) but I do have to say that he is nowhere near good enough to be a starter for where we want to be. However, he is the only player we have that can fulfil maddison's role. Not in terms of playmaking but in terms of receiving the ball on the turn. He is very good at taking the ball in his stride and turning and running at the back four... just his decision making from there is very questionable. He's almost like Knockaert in a lot of ways. 

Just now, GeorgeTheFox said:

I'm completely biased in favour of Ayoze because I loved him even before he was a Leicester player (absolutely no reason just one of them that you take a shine to) but I do have to say that he is nowhere near good enough to be a starter for where we want to be. However, he is the only player we have that can fulfil maddison's role. Not in terms of playmaking but in terms of receiving the ball on the turn. He is very good at taking the ball in his stride and turning and running at the back four... just his decision making from there is very questionable. He's almost like Knockaert in a lot of ways. 

Tbh praet was quite effective when playing as a 10 before his injury, maybe not in the same way as maddison but i think he's more effective as his backup than as tieleman's backup

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Tbh praet was quite effective when playing as a 10 before his injury, maybe not in the same way as maddison but i think he's more effective as his backup than as tieleman's backup

Oh yeah absolutely. I'd rather have Praet in that position any day of the week. But if you compare Ayo and Maddison they have a very similar technique in trapping the ball and turning. I don't think anyone else we have in the squad really does the same. If I'm not conveying the specific move I have in my head then it doesn't make sense but if you take this system we have been playing in the last few games then Perez and Maddison function in a very similar way. I'm also several vodkas deep so I may make absolutely zero sense 

9 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

Ridiculous. Ryan Bennett was far worse and he was playing for City less than a year ago. 

Ammartey doesn't get stick because most city fans with half a brain understand that he's an OK utility player who can cover cm rb and especially cb. If Amartey is playing it usually means there is an injury (or in this case covid) crisis. So most fans cut him stick accordingly. 

Perez on the other hand is a 30 million pound marquee signing who at the moment is starting ahead of Praet and maddison. And has regularly kept under, gray and albrighton out of the side so there is a lot more pressure and expectation for him to perform to decent level. 

Perez is only starting over the Maddison and Praet because they’ve both been injured lol 

Perez actually tried to make things happen yesterday, thought he did ok. 

• Like 1

I'm sick of him and have been for ages. I still don't know what we signed him for. I've never lost faith in Iheanacho, unlike others, because I had appreciation of what he can and can't do. Perez will never convince me because he isn't a player who will ever decide games, just always be on the fringes.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Another was Cambiasso. Ever present in a team fixed to the bottom of the division, then had a few good games at the end of the season, became a club legend. A prime example.

Amartey also has a little cult status too I reckon. 
Biazarre stuff 

Without Cambiasso, none of the good stuff that we’ve had in the last 6 years is likely to have occurred 

1 hour ago, Bert said:

Perez is only starting over the Maddison and Praet because they’ve both been injured lol 

Perez actually tried to make things happen yesterday, thought he did ok. 

Maddison fair enough but praet played 79 minutes and scored and assisted a few days ago. 

I thought Perez was OK yesterday too. Top marks for workrate. I'm not slagging perez just trying to explain why some players tend to get criticism more than others. 

4 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Well I suppose opinion is divided. You think he was crap, and just about everyone else thinks he was instrumental in the Great Escape.

Err, he was instrumental. No thinking required. Totally agree. He was the leader we needed and he stepped up. 

9 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Well I suppose opinion is divided. You think he was crap, and just about everyone else thinks he was instrumental in the Great Escape.

Such is the nature of cult worship.

What about having your own thoughts rather than following the crowd?
Cambiasso was bang average in a team that was rooted to the base of the division for three quarters of a season. His legs had basically gone. We signed Huth, protected Cambiasso more and managed to pull-off the great escape as a team. Cambiasso is a legend to football, but is no legend to Leicester City.

Unless you want him to be, because you feel he ‘should have been’. 
Oh and this is before all the reports on him being a bit of a pain in the arse in the dressing room and before the conspiracies about him basically managing the team for Pearson
👍

Edited by Col city fan
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

It's absolutely pointless talking to Col about Amartey. 

He has said outright that if you change your mind on a player, you are a hypocrite (using Nacho and Ayo as examples). He has drew his line in the sand with Big Dan so in his own head, he can't change his mind or he is also being hypocritical. 

It's utterly pathetic. It's one thing not being mature enough to lift your hands up and say "I was wrong" but its something else entirely to openly mock those who actually have the balls to do so. 

Did he actually say that? Surely not.  lol

3 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Did he actually say that? Surely not.  lol

Ok, "outright" is a stretch but he has spoke several times in the last 24 hours about the abuse Kel and Ayo have had and how FT is full of hypocrites because some of those same people praise them now. 

2 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Should make a poll on who hates who more, col and cambiasso or Geoff and puel. 

I don’t hate cambiclasso. I couldn’t give a toss to be honest.

But to accord him legendary status at the club I DO think is an insult to the genuine legends of the club.

6 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Basically, the hypocrisy of football fans, following the flock and the great escape.

In that order.

Is it actually hypocrisy or doing things you don't agree with?

As far as I can see, people have praised Perez when he's played well and criticised when he hasn't. Probably suggests the issue with him (inconsistency) and also that fans can alter their views.

Do you want people to relentlessly stick to one opinion all the time so he never gets praised when he plays well?

4 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Basically, the hypocrisy of football fans, following the flock and the great escape.

In that order.

No. Convo got back to Cambiasso because you brought up Cambiasso....

• Thanks 1

Just now, Foxy_Bear said:

Ok, "outright" is a stretch but he has spoke several times in the last 24 hours about the abuse Kel and Ayo have had and how FT is full of hypocrites because some of those same people praise them now. 

“Football fan” is pretty much a synonym for hypocrite, as fans slide from ‘next Messi’ to ‘cart horse’ in the blink of an eye so won’t criticise him for that, but sticking with an early judgement despite contrary contemporary evidence is a weak mentality not a strong one (in my opinion anyway)

1 minute ago, Foxy_Bear said:

You’re making that up aren’t you. 
FT is full of hypocrisy and I spoke about Kel and Perez. Both players have basically received incredible abuse on here, with ‘fans’ wanting them out the club etc etc, only for those same ‘fans’ to now be praising them to the skies, (especially Iheanacho) when we KNOW if they dip form again, the same thing will happen over again

Thats hypocrisy kid