Jump to content

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Who said he didn’t get any criticism? But compared to the likes of Perez and Iheanacho for instance, very little. They are/were both back up players too

You said that some players can't do any wrong then named Amartey. That would suggest he's one of the key players in the squad and there's a huge clamour for him to play.

 

I've just not seen it. He's had plenty of criticism over the years. Perez, Iheanacho do too. Even Jamie Vardy has had a lot in the past few weeks despite years of brilliance.

 

The only player I think is truly adored on here and criticism is very rare is Tielemans.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Corky said:

You said that some players can't do any wrong then named Amartey. That would suggest he's one of the key players in the squad and there's a huge clamour for him to play.

 

I've just not seen it. He's had plenty of criticism over the years. Perez, Iheanacho do too. Even Jamie Vardy has had a lot in the past few weeks despite years of brilliance.

 

The only player I think is truly adored on here and criticism is very rare is Tielemans.

Another was Cambiasso. Ever present in a team fixed to the bottom of the division, then had a few good games at the end of the season, became a club legend. A prime example.

Amartey also has a little cult status too I reckon. 
Biazarre stuff 

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

What you’ve just explained is true of FT, in a nutshell.

It’s full of hypocrisy. The likes of Nacho and Ayoze have received dogs abuse on here. Now that Nacho has had a good run of games, suddenly he’s brilliant. Finally the usual suspects are starting to see Perez importance to the team, but that’s after many months of rabid criticism. 
And you’re right that other players can’t do any wrong. Amartey is possibly the worst player we’ve had at the club in a long time, but the FT faithful seem to adore him

I’ve never gotten it, never will. I just take it for what it is these days.

....like Matty James, coming back from a long term injury, his rehabilitation lends itself to the underdog story!!!

He has actually contributed quite well to the team and once again has taken sometime for the manager to put him in the position of which he could give a good account of himself. He has played in the Centre Back position for his country for some time and we now utilise him in that capacity as opposed to the Defensive Midfielder or Right Back positions he had previously being asked to do.

     Hard to judge him in any other capacity other than in the Centre Back role, just like Nacho, who was always set up to fail in the lone strikers role.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Another was Cambiasso. Ever present in a team fixed to the bottom of the division, then had a few good games at the end of the season, became a club legend. A prime example.

Amartey also has a little cult status too I reckon. 
Biazarre stuff 

If there's a cult status this place would be hammering Rodgers for not picking him every week.

 

Perez isn't as good as Maddison or Praet and shouldn't play if they are fully fit. He works hard and shows some neat touches but isn't consistently good enough. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Who said he didn’t get any criticism? But compared to the likes of Perez and Iheanacho for instance, very little. They are/were both back up players too

Iheanacho got absolutely obliterated before this season lol lol

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Iheanacho got absolutely obliterated before this season lol lol

 

Exactly my point. Iheanacho did get obliterated. And now he’s the best thing since sliced bread to the hypocrites. I’m not surprised by this, I’m just pointing it out.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Iheanacho was expected to be a reliable back up and possible successor to Jamie Vardy, Amartey is seen as what he is, back up in 3 positions, you must be trying to come across this blind to what people are saying

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

Iheanacho was expected to be a reliable back up and possible successor to Jamie Vardy, Amartey is seen as what he is, back up in 3 positions, you must be trying to come across this blind to what people are saying

Was Amartey signed as a back up? I thought he played pretty much from the off and definitely played many many games in midfield when we were getting absolutely mullered. Can’t remember the manager. He’s certainly become a back up cos he ain’t very good but I thought we signed him to some real excitement from the FT faithful?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Was Amartey signed as a back up? I thought he played pretty much from the off and definitely played many many games in midfield when we were getting absolutely mullered. Can’t remember the manager. He’s certainly become a back up cos he ain’t very good but I thought we signed him to some real excitement from the FT faithful?

Nah he only started about 1 game in his first season. The run in the team your referring to is when drinkwater and Mendy were both injured and we were stuck with Amartey and King... Grim. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Nah he only started about 1 game in his first season. The run in the team your referring to is when drinkwater and Mendy were both injured and we were stuck with Amartey and King... Grim. 

yeah and he was slaughtered, people forget because we signed Ndidi that January and Amartey was dropped

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

yeah and he was slaughtered, people forget because we signed Ndidi that January and Amartey was dropped

He was slaughtered back then because he was absolutely fookin dreadful. That’s the fascinating thing. Now he’s not and people will seemingly go out of their way to defend him.

‘Again, it’s incredibly hypocritical and kind of weird.

 

Anyway, food for thought.

Link to post
Share on other sites

or its because peoples expectations have changed as other have come in and replaced him in the pecking order, you have always disliked him and are simply unwilling to admit he is a perfectly fine back up, which is what others are saying.

 

You CAN admit you are wrong you know its not a sign of weakness

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Exactly my point. Iheanacho did get obliterated. And now he’s the best thing since sliced bread to the hypocrites. I’m not surprised by this, I’m just pointing it out.

That's not hypocrisy.  Nacho got criticised because he was poor.  He is now getting praised because he is playing well and it's brilliant.  Similarly, Perez gets criticised for being consistently ineffective but if he turns it around he will get praised too.  That's not hypocritical, it's fair.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm completely biased in favour of Ayoze because I loved him even before he was a Leicester player (absolutely no reason just one of them that you take a shine to) but I do have to say that he is nowhere near good enough to be a starter for where we want to be. However, he is the only player we have that can fulfil maddison's role. Not in terms of playmaking but in terms of receiving the ball on the turn. He is very good at taking the ball in his stride and turning and running at the back four... just his decision making from there is very questionable. He's almost like Knockaert in a lot of ways. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GeorgeTheFox said:

I'm completely biased in favour of Ayoze because I loved him even before he was a Leicester player (absolutely no reason just one of them that you take a shine to) but I do have to say that he is nowhere near good enough to be a starter for where we want to be. However, he is the only player we have that can fulfil maddison's role. Not in terms of playmaking but in terms of receiving the ball on the turn. He is very good at taking the ball in his stride and turning and running at the back four... just his decision making from there is very questionable. He's almost like Knockaert in a lot of ways. 

Tbh praet was quite effective when playing as a 10 before his injury, maybe not in the same way as maddison but i think he's more effective as his backup than as tieleman's backup

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Tbh praet was quite effective when playing as a 10 before his injury, maybe not in the same way as maddison but i think he's more effective as his backup than as tieleman's backup

Oh yeah absolutely. I'd rather have Praet in that position any day of the week. But if you compare Ayo and Maddison they have a very similar technique in trapping the ball and turning. I don't think anyone else we have in the squad really does the same. If I'm not conveying the specific move I have in my head then it doesn't make sense but if you take this system we have been playing in the last few games then Perez and Maddison function in a very similar way. I'm also several vodkas deep so I may make absolutely zero sense 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

Ridiculous. Ryan Bennett was far worse and he was playing for City less than a year ago. 

 

Ammartey doesn't get stick because most city fans with half a brain understand that he's an OK utility player who can cover cm rb and especially cb. If Amartey is playing it usually means there is an injury (or in this case covid) crisis. So most fans cut him stick accordingly. 

 

Perez on the other hand is a 30 million pound marquee signing who at the moment is starting ahead of Praet and maddison. And has regularly kept under, gray and albrighton out of the side so there is a lot more pressure and expectation for him to perform to decent level. 

Perez is only starting over the Maddison and Praet because they’ve both been injured lol 

 

Perez actually tried to make things happen yesterday, thought he did ok. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

This was an interesting exchange of views to wake up to.

Indeed. It seems that big Dan has been caught out with a certain posters Mrs...

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sick of him and have been for ages. I still don't know what we signed him for. I've never lost faith in Iheanacho, unlike others, because I had appreciation of what he can and can't do. Perez will never convince me because he isn't a player who will ever decide games, just always be on the fringes.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...