Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
That_Dude

Ayoze Pérez

4 hours ago, NasPb said:

He's Better than Maddison right now. Maddison looks like he couldn't score against a 5 foot 1 keeper currently 

If Maddison is really deemed to be that bad then play Praet. Both he or Filbert Fox have got to be better alternatives to Perez at Wembley!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

It’s all about form. Maddison for what ever reason looks not at it, Perez has looked more productive than him, therefore he should start and Maddison can come on IF the match is suitably poised.

Yes an unfit Maddison had 2-3 cracks at it...At least Perez has some Running in his legs, and a Late sub from Maddison could be the right choice...Or Play Praet from the beginning...!!

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 2

Really disappointed by him today. Added very little to anything. He always seemed to be marked or stood on a United player, either by choice or lack of awareness, so was never open to receive the ball. He was turned a ridiculous amount of times by Williams too. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Really disappointed by him today. Added very little to anything. He always seemed to be marked or stood on a United player, either by choice or lack of awareness, so was never open to receive the ball. He was turned a ridiculous amount of times by Williams too. 

I think I was a bit harsh on him in the match thread despite being very frustrating, because he was asked to play in an unfamiliar position. Against a packed midfield, he looked a tad lost. Didn't know whether to stay left and support Thomas, or be closer to central midfield/Vardy on that channel of the pitch.

There was one moment where we had the ball in the middle of the pitch, Perez went towards the ball and centre circle. Ball was spread out to Thomas, and he had no-one to pass to or support because Perez had shifted inside. Got us into trouble.

A lot of players' passing was off the boil but he was all over the shop. Weak, hospital passes, out of position, no real impact or influence on the game which isn't what you need from an attacking midfielder.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

To me he is simply a footballing black hole. When the ball goes there. Nothing, nothing ever happens. It's dark and endless nothingness. 

Absolutely spot on, if we’d not won today he would’ve got the brunt of it. He’s just a nothing player and 9 times out of 10 is the weakest player on the pitch. Gets hooked after an hour nearly every game due to how ineffective he is, think we may have to cut our losses on this one.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I think I was a bit harsh on him in the match thread despite being very frustrating, because he was asked to play in an unfamiliar position. Against a packed midfield, he looked a tad lost. Didn't know whether to stay left and support Thomas, or be closer to central midfield/Vardy on that channel of the pitch.

There was one moment where we had the ball in the middle of the pitch, Perez went towards the ball and centre circle. Ball was spread out to Thomas, and he had no-one to pass to or support because Perez had shifted inside. Got us into trouble.

A lot of players' passing was off the boil but he was all over the shop. Weak, hospital passes, out of position, no real impact or influence on the game which isn't what you need from an attacking midfielder.

I'd assumed he was meant to support Thomas when out of possession, before drifting into the inside left forward hole between LB and centre midfield when attacking. 

But as you said, he seemed lost, regularly getting caught in two minds and being nowhere.

I genuinely felt he was purposefully standing on a United player when we attacked, given the number of times he was just unavailable for a pass. And his defending hurt to watch. Last season he seemed able to defend and support our defensive shape. This season he seems to have lost that. I'd start him purely as I don't think Maddison can impact the game as much at the weekend from the start as be could coming on at 60.

5 hours ago, StanSP said:

...not in the position he was asked to play!!!

You have to buy into your managers ideas, else you are unlikely to pull off what he is looking for. He obviously did enough to keep us in the game until the substitution, surprisingly it was like for like.

I suppose Rodgers will try to match up with Chelsea but I would rather try to pack the midfield so bringing in Praet would be an option but perhaps he has not had sufficient game time, to be effective. 

Guest bennytwohats

Think some of these comments are pretty harsh. He’s clearly not the star of this team, but he’s good at pressing, decent workrate, good in tight areas and helps link up play.

Not a world beater but a decent player to have in the squad. I do wish we’d see a few more goals from him though.

I've always said he's ok as a squad player, but if we could recoup a large portion of that 30m back I'd definitely take it. He does a lot of defensive work higher up the pitch though, that's probably what has kept him as this club for so long and why he was originally purchased.

If Maddison isn't on form or he's injued, we have no-one that can play CAM or support the 2 lads upfront, it's a glaring hole in this squad in the current formation.

He's undoubtedly skilful but I am not really clear where is supposed to play at the moment. He looked lost for much of last night and was often beaten in the tackle with players turning him. He then often failed to track back which was most annoying. But he does not look comfortable in what or where he's being asked to play. 

When I watch Perez play I always get very frustrated. When he loses the ball (and anybody can lose a ball) he never looks very interested in trying to get it back. He simply trots behind his opponent. His stats in the first half yesterday showed he made only 4 sprints. His opposite number made 12. :dunno:

As I said to a friend last night, he's just a Trotter. He obviously believes that "Only Fools and Horses work!!"  ;)

He should not play in the Final.