Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
That_Dude

Ayoze Pérez

Just noticed that he still didn't get his own bashing thread so I thought it's about time to create one. While I admired his work rate against Wolves, his passing was a bit off and failed to make a great impact on the wing. Early days I know, time to settle and all that and I'm in no way having a go at him. I'd like to see him play behind Vardy against Chelsea, where his energy and tricks would be better employed.

What are your thoughts first impressions?

Edited by That_Dude

Guest MattP

Didn't play well but give him 10-12 games to see what he can do. Can't start criticising after one match.

That works the other way as well, shouldn't get carried away after one performance saying they are brilliant like our fans did with Adrian Silva etc

Edited by MattP

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

Jesus of Nazareth...... What is next? Praet's warm up routine not being vigorous enough??

Good that I explicitely said that I'm not having a dig at him.

4 minutes ago, MattP said:

Didn't play well but give him 10-12 games to see what he can do. Can't start criticising after one match.

That works the other way as well, shouldn't get carried away after one performance saying they are brilliant like our fans did with Adrian Silva etc

I know, it was more about first impressions, nothing more really.

• Like 1

Thought he was very good in pre-season, especially vs Atalanta and i'm confident he will be a great player for us. Will press well and win the ball high up the picth, expect to see some goals from the supply of Tielemans and Maddison to him in and around the box.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, That_Dude said:

Good that I explicitely said that I'm not having a dig at him.

I know, it was more about first impressions, nothing more really.

You've highlighted areas of his game that you thought were short... A 'dig' it may not be, but what annoys me is its a game, and not even a whole game, and it is his first competitive game for us..... Not every player can have debut's like Rooney did for yanited.... He is adapting, if he is still looking like he is adapting by Christmas, then there will be cause for concern.....

...wasted playing wide!!!

He offers nothing out there while Vardy is starved of supply and support. Maddison pushed wide is also a waste of his talents, they (the players) might say that they are disappointed with their contribution but they were in a format which set them up to under perform.

We can all praise Wolves for their resolute defending but the introduction of proper width and pace energised our performance, we got it wrong at the start and took too long to correct it.

• Like 3

I like him. A lot. I admit my tactical understanding is limited, but even I could see he seemed a bit nervy with the ball at the Atlanta game, then gained in confidence once he scored.

On Sunday, I appreciated his runs and thought he often found space very effectively, but he didn't show the sort precision in finishing or pressing capability he's known for when he's on form. That said, he was a more effective threat than Vardy, especially in the first half. I think he shows bags of promise, I'm looking forward to seeing him play again. 

8 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

You've highlighted areas of his game that you thought were short... A 'dig' it may not be, but what annoys me is its a game, and not even a whole game, and it is his first competitive game for us..... Not every player can have debut's like Rooney did for yanited.... He is adapting, if he is still looking like he is adapting by Christmas, then there will be cause for concern.....

I just described what I saw, it's still a long way from any definitive judgement.

He's going to be marmite with our fan base. He's either being incredible or pretty useless. Which in honesty was how mahrez was for us, im not saying he will reach RM high's but it is often what you get with flair players. 

3 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

He's going to be marmite with our fan base. He's either being incredible or pretty useless. Which in honesty was how mahrez was for us, im not saying he will reach RM high's but it is often what you get with flair players. 

At least he tracks back..! :whistle: I like him, and am confident he will be good for us. 

Edited by rachhere

He is a little behind most of the squad having picked up a niggle in a pre-season game and missed a couple of games from memory. We know what his skills are and he showed glimpses of those skills in pre-season so given time, he will become a valuable member of the team.