Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
That_Dude

Ayoze Pérez

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

Spot on

Pretty much the point I’ve been making

And regarding changing my view on a player like Dan Amartey, I haven’t. I still don’t think he’s good enough to play for Leicester on a consistent basis 

Realistically in a normal season Amartey would have been lucky to play 5 games this season, he was probably our 5th choice centre back when the season started and is only playing because we have no choice due to injury issues and we are having to use the players at the bottom end of the squad.

Not sure what level of player you think we can attract to play that kind of role for us? Especially when we normally play with a back 4

2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Realistically in a normal season Amartey would have been lucky to play 5 games this season, he was probably our 5th choice centre back when the season started and is only playing because we have no choice due to injury issues and we are having to use the players at the bottom end of the squad.

Not sure what level of player you think we can attract to play that kind of role for us? Especially when we normally play with a back 4

Can’t argue with any of that. I still don’t believe he’s ‘good enough’ though for a side sitting third in the best league in the world. We’re kind of saying the same thing. Play Amartey if all other choices are exhausted.

39 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Spot on

Pretty much the point I’ve been making

And regarding changing my view on a player like Dan Amartey, I haven’t. I still don’t think he’s good enough to play for Leicester on a consistent basis 

Not good enough to play on a consistent basis is not the same as classing him as the worst player we have had in a long time, I would like to know what you class as a long time as that is some statement.

2 minutes ago, Ian S said:

Not good enough to play on a consistent basis is not the same as classing him as the worst player we have had in a long time, I would like to know what you class as a long time as that is some statement.

In the first place I’m sure I wrote ‘possibly the worst player for a long time’? And it was a question, not a statement. And look at the context. I was comparing the shed-load of abuse that the likes of Nacho and Perez have received on here, compared to the relatively little abuse that Big Dan gets. In fact, there have been posts only over the last few days indicating a ‘love-in’ for Amartey. There’s the hypocrisy. 
I don’t get it, never will either but listen, it’s all opinions. 
I won’t change peoples minds and don’t wish to. I’m just stating mine 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Col city fan said:

In the first place I’m sure I wrote ‘possibly the worst player for a long time’? And it was a question, not a statement. And look at the context. I was comparing the shed-load of abuse that the likes of Nacho and Perez have received on here, compared to the relatively little abuse that Big Dan gets. In fact, there have been posts only over the last few days indicating a ‘love-in’ for Amartey. There’s the hypocrisy. 
I don’t get it, never will either but listen, it’s all opinions. 
I won’t change peoples minds and don’t wish to. I’m just stating mine 

The difference is Perez and Nacho have had a lot of game time, where as Big Dan has hardly played, that’s why they got criticised a lot more.

For me Big Dan is very limited and we all know that, but he comes in and does a job, the Man City game we was just sitting ducks, it was only matter of time before we conceded.

If we get CL, we will look back over the season and see how it was achieved and his goal at Brighton could of made all the difference.

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

Am I right in thinking he has zero goals and only 1 assist in his entire career here against the perceived big 6? 

We are all desperate for a hero but I'm not sure he's it. I like some of his play but his finishing is truly abysmal.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Am I right in thinking he has zero goals and only 1 assist in his entire career here against the perceived big 6? 

We are all desperate for a hero but I'm not sure he's it. I like some of his play but his finishing is truly abysmal.

He's Better than Maddison right now. Maddison looks like he couldn't score against a 5 foot 1 keeper currently 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Goodness me, I think Schmeichel has a similar record

24 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Honestly, I don't think Perez is ever going to be a hero, he's really not up to the level we want to play at.

But at least he offers a little bit of work-rate, and fewer shots from a million miles away. Unless he gives away an own goal, I'm genuinely struggling to see how he could be worse than Maddison's performance in the past few games. Plus him and Iheanacho do seem to link up fairly well (or have done in the past). At this point it's worth a punt, because Maddison is the invisible man (until a ball needs hitting from 50 yards away, and there he is.....)

Though think personally at this point I'd take Maddison off for Mendy, and just try and hang on for a point :mellow:

Edited by Charl91
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

I can't believe I'm typing this but I think he is at the moment, not overall.

It’s all about form. Maddison for what ever reason looks not at it, Perez has looked more productive than him, therefore he should start and Maddison can come on IF the match is suitably poised.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Charl91 said:

Honestly, I don't think Perez is ever going to be a hero, he's really not up to the level we want to play at.

But at least he offers a little bit of work-rate, and fewer shots from a million miles away. Unless he gives away an own goal, I'm genuinely struggling to see how he could be worse than Maddison's performance in the past few games. Plus him and Iheanacho do seem to link up fairly well (or have done in the past). At this point it's worth a punt, because Maddison is the invisible man (until a ball needs hitting from 50 yards away, and there he is.....)

Though think personally at this point I'd take Maddison off for Mendy, and just try and hang on for a point :mellow:

For all Maddison's mediocre performances he still set up 2 glorious chances for Vardy at Southampton to win the game and then for Vardy to pull one back vs Newcastle. 

I'm not happy with him in this formation, it doesn't suit his best strengths which are getting on the ball closer to the oppositions goal. Perez does seem more suited to this system but he's got an abysmal record in important games where as Maddison has a lot of goals and assists against the top opposition so its a real dilemma. 

I do feel that the logical answer is to tweak the system to get Maddison in the 10 position without the need to drop deep, but I think that means Vardy has to be dropped or unusually deployed as a winger. 

Either way, one of them needs to start making up for their lack of discipline a few weeks ago, history would suggest that's Maddison's territory.

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

For all Maddison's mediocre performances he still set up 2 glorious chances for Vardy at Southampton to win the game and then for Vardy to pull one back vs Newcastle. 

I'm not happy with him in this formation, it doesn't suit his best strengths which are getting on the ball closer to the oppositions goal. Perez does seem more suited to this system but he's got an abysmal record in important games where as Maddison has a lot of goals and assists against the top opposition so its a real dilemma. 

I do feel that the logical answer is to tweak the system to get Maddison in the 10 position without the need to drop deep, but I think that means Vardy has to be dropped or unusually deployed as a winger

Either way, one of them needs to start making up for their lack of discipline a few weeks ago, history would suggest that's Maddison's territory.

The winger bit isn't totally insane. He naturally drifts left now and has supplied lots from that side of late. Formalise it and we may yet rescue something.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SkidsFox said:

Forum seems to think he's better than Maddison now. In the first 11 at Wembley?

... Perez is clearly better suited to the team at the moment!!!

We will be a better balanced team and more competitive with a three in the middle. Maddison’s lack of form and fitness can not be gambled in our remaining fixtures.

Playing Praet alongside Youri is another option we could take, Maddison off the bench should be the smart play.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I do feel that the logical answer is to tweak the system to get Maddison in the 10 position without the need to drop deep, but I think that means Vardy has to be dropped or unusually deployed as a winger. 

...you have got to say Perez has not been up against the big 6 in the central #10 position for too long!!!

Never been a fan of Perez but he seems to fit the team at this present moment. With Nacho dropping off the front line, he would be taking the space where Maddison would be. With Perez that doesn't happen and with Maddison, his desperation to get on the ball seems him dropping deeper and deeper. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Flappit said:

The winger bit isn't totally insane. He naturally drifts left now and has supplied lots from that side of late. Formalise it and we may yet rescue something.

But why?  Is Nacho taking up Vardy's natural positions on the pitch?  As much as Nacho has thrived in a two, I think that Vardy is suffering because of it.

Just now, murphy said:

But why?  Is Nacho taking up Vardy's natural positions on the pitch?  As much as Nacho has thrived in a two, I think that Vardy is suffering because of it.

More that with one striker pulling the defence out of position and Maddison being close by to occupy the space created. In this 3-4-1-2 he is seemingly being asked to play deeper which nullifies what he's been good at this season. His goals come from the pickets of space around the box.