Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
That_Dude

Ayoze Pérez

13 hours ago, matty98 said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/07/03/leicester-close-56m-pair-youri-tielemans-ayoze-perez-stand-firm/?WT.mc_id=tmg_share_tw

This article, Percy says around £30 million. So can we stop the bs pretending he didn't cost that much now?

Because Newcastle were very keen to get the whole fee out in the media as their fan base weren't happy about it. Initial fee was 16m as reported initially. Its relevant because of the amount of times people say hes not worth 30m.

Thought he was good again today, he helps us press high up the pitch.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Because Newcastle were very keen to get the whole fee out in the media as their fan base weren't happy about it. Initial fee was 16m as reported initially. Its relevant because of the amount of times people say hes not worth 30m.

Thought he was good again today, he helps us press high up the pitch.

Where has this bs rumour come from? Can you back it up with any actual sources?

John Percy who's as reliable as they come for LCFC news has said we paid his release clause of around £30 million. Why can't you just accept that?

I have nothing against the lad, don't think I've been overly critical of him ever but it's obvious why fans aren't happy with him because for £30 million he should be one of our best players really.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, matty98 said:

Where has this bs rumour come from? Can you back it up with any actual sources?

John Percy who's as reliable as they come for LCFC news has said we paid his release clause of around £30 million. Why can't you just accept that?

I have nothing against the lad, don't think I've been overly critical of him ever but it's obvious why fans aren't happy with him because for £30 million he should be one of our best players really.

It obviously makes you really angry. Percy also said we paid 16m and then changed it as Newcastle wanted 30m being the reported fee. The same way we never paid 40m for tielemans but it's been reported as such. Doesn't bother me in the slightest, just passing on what I know.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

It obviously makes you really angry. Percy also said we paid 16m and then changed it as Newcastle wanted 30m being the reported fee. The same way we never paid 40m for tielemans but it's been reported as such. Doesn't bother me in the slightest, just passing on what I know.

Doesn't make me angry at all. You're the one that's so bothered by it you felt the need to reply to me in the first place. lol Just find it weird that fans won't accept the obvious and have to make up some conspiracy theory with no actual evidence because they can't accept we overpaid for a player.

So you're saying John Percy, a well respected journalist is lying in his article along with the rest of the media because Newcastle asked them to? And you have no evidence to back that up? Just a 'theory' of why Percy originally suggested the fee would be £16 million. Surely you realise how ridiculous that sounds?

• Haha 1

I've been very critical of Perez in the past, but the last two games he's been exceptional. Really pleased that he's proving me wrong and giving me the two finger salute. I hope he keeps it up as he offers a lot when he's in the kind of form that he's been in lately. Would love him to come good, such a Leicester thing to be the underdog and rise above negavity to prove a point. Deserving of more respect in my view. 

Edited by ian__marshall

11 minutes ago, ian__marshall said:

I've been very critical of Perez in the past, but the last two games his been exceptional. Really pleased that he's proving the me wrong and giving me the two finger salute. I hope he keeps it up as he offers a lot when he's in the kind of form that he's been in lately. Would love him to come good, such a Leicester thing to be the underdog and rise above negavity to prove a point. Deserving of more respect in my view. 

Thought our worst player today and itshouldnt be difficult to have a good game when your team mates were all brilliant 

7 hours ago, matty98 said:

Doesn't make me angry at all. You're the one that's so bothered by it you felt the need to reply to me in the first place. lol Just find it weird that fans won't accept the obvious and have to make up some conspiracy theory with no actual evidence because they can't accept we overpaid for a player.

So you're saying John Percy, a well respected journalist is lying in his article along with the rest of the media because Newcastle asked them to? And you have no evidence to back that up? Just a 'theory' of why Percy originally suggested the fee would be £16 million. Surely you realise how ridiculous that sounds?

It's how it works. They'll be add ons included in 30m figured. Plenty of people on here who I trust have explained why.

43 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

It's how it works. They'll be add ons included in 30m figured. Plenty of people on here who I trust have explained why.

But if he had a release clause of £16m why would there be add-ons? You meet the release clause and that's it, you don't pay £14m in add-ons in excess. FWIW, the fee was probably £16m up front and another 14m or so in add-ons, no release clause or some such.

• Like 1

When we play this formation I think, in some ways, it suits Perez more than Maddison.  Perez naturally plays the quick ball which fits in well with the quick interplay with Iheanacho and Vardy, whereas Maddison has sometimes been criticised on here for taking the extra touch and slowing things down.

Not that I'm suggesting he should be chosen over Madders when he gets back to fitness - there are more things that Maddison brings to the party.   Just pointing out that though they could be competing for the number 10 role their styles are quite different.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, shen said:

But if he had a release clause of £16m why would there be add-ons? You meet the release clause and that's it, you don't pay £14m in add-ons in excess. FWIW, the fee was probably £16m up front and another 14m or so in add-ons, no release clause or some such.

Few other clubs were involved I believe. A bit like when kante left, his release clause was something like 22m but we managed to get slightly more for him due to others being involved.

• Like 1

Motd showed a graphic yesterday highlighting how good our recruitment has been with a list of all our recent signings with their fee next to them, anything that wasn't an initial fee had an asterisk next to it.

Perez had the figure of £30m next to his name (no asterisk).  Every reputable source says that is was £30m.

Brendan Rodgers at the time said we were in the market for a £30-£50m wide player.  He later confirmed that Perez was that player.

I'm pretty sure he cost £30m,  

• Thanks 1

Maybe just maybe the £30m release clause was negotiated as £16m and then £14m in potential add ons which Newcastle were happy with. Either way he was our worst player yesterday but that doesn't mean he was poor, its just everyone else was unreal.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Maybe just maybe the £30m release clause was negotiated as £16m and then £14m in potential add ons which Newcastle were happy with. Either way he was our worst player yesterday but that doesn't mean he was poor, its just everyone else was unreal.

In terms of performance Ric that's like saying it was the worst course of an 11 course meal served by the finest restaurant in the world 🤣

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Shame we signed a number 10 then 🤣

Well, yeah.  He looks better in that role, but he played wide right for the majority of his Newcastle career. 

It is simply one transfer that we got wrong.  A player that is ineffective in the position we signed him for and was poor value for money. 

Edited by murphy
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Out Foxed said:

you weren't watching him very well then. his hold up play and close control in possession was very good. 

Played in his natural position he is worth the money paid for him. He is not a winger. But is he better than Maddison? But it is great to know we can play Perez in the AM role and know we have a class player to cover for James. 

1 hour ago, deep blue said:

When we play this formation I think, in some ways, it suits Perez more than Maddison.  Perez naturally plays the quick ball which fits in well with the quick interplay with Iheanacho and Vardy, whereas Maddison has sometimes been criticised on here for taking the extra touch and slowing things down.

Not that I'm suggesting he should be chosen over Madders when he gets back to fitness - there are more things that Maddison brings to the party.   Just pointing out that though they could be competing for the number 10 role their styles are quite different.

Perez plays the role the more like Shinji Okazaki than Maddison. But even better. Different type of option. 

Is he worth £30 million? He's not worth it for what we wanted him to be but he DOES bring something to the team. 

If his run from March - May (which he'll surely get) helps us achieve 4th and a cup final, then he's certainly paid himself off but I'd feel more comfortable selling him and getting a proper wide player

2 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Few other clubs were involved I believe. A bit like when kante left, his release clause was something like 22m but we managed to get slightly more for him due to others being involved.

Kanté had a release clause of £30m, but only for clubs who had qualified for European competition. Chelsea bid £35m as they hadn't qualified and perhaps because CL clubs were sniffing about, the club accepted and we probably got £5m more than a likely deal to a CL club.

It's not the same with Perez, unless he had the same kind of clause (i.e. only to EL/CL clubs)