Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
That_Dude

Ayoze Pérez

17 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

I would have to agree with that analysis though I do think Albrighton is still very relevant for certain matches and there's a reason why a succession of managers continue to pick him. I suppose the problem with Perez and it's really not his fault, is the price tag that came with him. People understandably expect more than a squad player for that amount of money. There have also been feelings at times that his many appearances have been made more because of the attempt to justify that price tag with a patience for him to come good, rather than his abilities and performances that has been the yardstick for other players in the squad.

I suspect that successive managers have appreciated Albrighton’s energy and dynamism, which often livens up the whole team. Not always, of course, but a lot of the time he’s tackling back, putting in crosses and generally making himself available to his teammates. 

And he cost us bugger all. Thanks Villa.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Has been said so many times - £16m release clause, us and Valencia activated it, we paid £16m plus another £4m in guaranteed add ons plus potentially another £10m in player and club performance based add one. 

The £30m fee reported was Mike Ashley and Newcastle trying to please their fan base when Perez, Rafa and Rondon left in the same summer and they spunked a wedge on Joelinton. 

So it can't have been a release clause then otherwise why would you pay more than what is contractually required to break the contract? Not having a pop at you but that makes absolutely no sense.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pmcla26 said:

Has been said so many times - £16m release clause, us and Valencia activated it, we paid £16m plus another £4m in guaranteed add ons plus potentially another £10m in player and club performance based add one. 

The £30m fee reported was Mike Ashley and Newcastle trying to please their fan base when Perez, Rafa and Rondon left in the same summer and they spunked a wedge on Joelinton. 

So we paid 20+10m? I imagine we'll have met most of the club performance bonuses, and some of the player performance bonuses... so about 25m so far? Not too far away from 30m. 

(I like Perez btw and think a 30m fee is just about acceptable)

11 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

I think the question you should be asking is would we have broken our transfer policy for Perez? 

It sounds stupid, but we work with football manager to aid our scouting and they also sponsor us. On their database, the transfer fee for Perez is structured in the way I posted above. I don’t think the club are going to supply them with false information when they work together. 

Further to this, a lot of Newcastle fans and claimed ‘in the knows’ at the time were saying the same thing. Percy reported it was £16m, then got told it was false information, but also said it wasn’t £30m straight up when clarifying. 

Not just that, but I think the club welcomed this information as Luton and Sampdoria were trying to highball us for JJ and Praet. We were initially only going to sign Praet on loan because of this, so I imagine having that as a bluff also helped to strengthen our position in the market late in the window given the fact we’d sold Maguire for £80m and everyone thought we were loaded. 

I think you're reading way too deep into it and making it into some mad conspiracy theory. There's no way on Earth Leicester are disclosing transfer fees and their structures to Football Manager.

Pretty much everywhere has reported it as £30 million with no mention of add-ons. I think that's far more likely to be accurate than a Football Manager conspiracy theory.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Was said more in jest, but for real, it’s not a conspiracy theory when many others have said that this is the case and I’ve presented you with several bits of information. 

It may very well be that it was easy for those targets to be reached and we’ve paid £30m. So what? Still not a terrible deal when you look at some of the £30m spent by other clubs on absolute crap. 

End of the day as well, I really don’t see us breaking our transfer policy of recent years for Ayoze Perez. Not like he was a potential superstar player available at that price like Fofana and Tielemans. We knew what we were getting and he’s pretty much been what you’d expect. All I’ve said is how the deal was structured and that it wasn’t a £30m lump on the table, which it wasn’t. Newcastle may very well have received £30m by now though. 

..I  can't agree with this part of your post as his signature came as a big surprise to our supporters, and the reported fee did not help!!!

He was an out of the blue signing and I suspect the people scouting him was expecting someone who could play  as a wide forward, as per the Liverpool setup.

The cost of his services equates to £30m anyway you choose to slice it, and will always be a bone of contention for arguments,  in respect of his contribution to the team.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jimmy Lad said:

£16m is what I had heard 

For me personally I'm not too bothered about what we paid, getting a swinging dick deal like JJ is fun but I respect how the club have got over the post premier league win spending spree. Leicester has spent wisely and the players purchased have stepped up & played well, sometimes players have been asked to play out of position or in a different style to what they are used to.  We have obviously bought "character" as well as talent & I'm happy that Ayoze brings both in spades.  He is a valuable asset to our club.

• Like 2

£30 is steep but really not that bad (if even true). A reliable 2nd choice no.10, can play anywhere attacking on the right and not a terrible 3rd choice striker either. 

If he cost £16 mill then personally I think we got ourselves a bit of a bargain.

1 hour ago, sdb said:

£30 is steep but really not that bad (if even true). A reliable 2nd choice no.10, can play anywhere attacking on the right and not a terrible 3rd choice striker either. 

If he cost £16 mill then personally I think we got ourselves a bit of a bargain.

I'm more than happy to pay £30, even if he just mows the lawn every weekend! 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, sdb said:

....according the the add-ons in view of performances the cost of his services to us is £30m!!!

If we want to use add-ons to make the deal then great, but when all is said and done it is £30m, it does not matter which way we look at it.

• Like 1

Well done , Perez.   He has stepped up.  I still think he is below the quality of many of our players but less confidently.  He is creating and I am not yelling, 'Perez!' At my television as he has stopped giving the ball away.

During Leicester games, my television was beginning to think it was called Perez.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Put in another shift today. Will be interesting to see what everyone else thought, but I thought he was good. 7.5/10 or even 8/10. Linked play very well, drifted around, found the pockets and linked the others. Unlucky not to score himself! He made a ton of challenges all over the pitch too.

Noticeably for me, he stays on his feet a lot more often now, or if he drops tries to win the ball back. There was a moment in the first half where he was dropped to the ground but won the ball back Ndidi style whilst on the floor. I feel like he and Nacho are both a lot more aggressive in winning the ball back these days and it makes a big difference.

The Perez / Nacho / Vardy trio is actually very good! Barnes / Maddison / Vardy is even better, but honestly these 3 together have a lot of chemistry! If we played all 3 together for an entire season, they would score a lot of goals.

Thought his all-round game was really good and you're right about his improved tenacity (which was desperately needed). Didn't see much of the ball for the first 30 mins mind you 

Having said that, his decision making in the final third was abject. About 4/5 times I counted where he made completely the wrong decision where if he'd made the correct one, we'd have been in on goal. Might sound harsh but it's probably easier to notice when it's a player you know is fighting for his place.

Still, offered much more in the past 2 games but I really do think that his best position is what we're seeing now, and to be more specific, it's all about him playing in this system. Just haven't seen enough from him as a 10 in the 4-2-3-1.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

Thought his all-round game was really good and you're right about his improved tenacity (which was desperately needed). Didn't see much of the ball for the first 30 mins mind you 

Having said that, his decision making in the final third was abject. About 4/5 times I counted where he made completely the wrong decision where if he'd made the correct one, we'd have been in on goal. Might sound harsh but it's probably easier to notice when it's a player you know is fighting for his place.

Still, offered much more in the past 2 games but I really do think that his best position is what we're seeing now, and to be more specific, it's all about him playing in this system. Just haven't seen enough from him as a 10 in the 4-2-3-1.

Yeah I think that's a fair statement. But I'd still give him 7.5/10 for the game. If he plays like that every week, he'd be quite highly thought of by us fans. Hopefully he can keep it up and improve further!

1 hour ago, TK95 said:

Another good display. Feel he's made a scapegoat more often than not but no complaints today really 

Don’t forget though his detractors will say it was again against “woeful opposition”

Thought for the majority of today he was quality. His little chop back and curling shot wide in the first half would of been unreal if he went in. Keep saying it but CAM is the only position this man should be played in and the last two performances show this. Very useful member of our squad next season if we are back in Europe with a busy schedule being able to rotate with Maddison. 

Edited by South Shire Fox
  • Like 2

I’ve always said he’s a 10, and he does look a good player when deployed there. Really good today, and I feel he’s capable of even more! Like Nacho, he’ll need a run of games to really find his best form, whether he’ll get them with Madders coming back is another thing. 

Good option to have in the squad though.